Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms...

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 2 Empty Re: Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms...

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:42 pm

News Hawk wrote: 

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 2 12275_4549531854109_1519216684_n.

President Obama sends his warmest regards to News Hawk!!   Razz
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 2 Empty Re: Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms...

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:49 pm

WHL wrote:Once again, NB wants more laws that don't work  Look at the places like Chicago and DC where it is illegal to have guns. They have the worst crime records of all.  You can have all the gun laws you want and people who shouldn't have them will still get them.  Laws only work for the good guys.  

It is not illegal to have guns in Chicago and DC! For once it would be nice if you knew what you were talking about.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:04 pm

OH? I seem to remember David Gregory getting in trouble because he had a gun on the tv set in DC.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:08 pm

By Abby D. Phillip
@abbydphillip
Follow on Twitter
Sep 17, 2013 6:00am

(Mark Wilson/Getty Images)

WASHINGTON — The mass shooting Monday at the Navy Yard is the deadliest shooting in the country so far this year, yet it occurred in a city that according to gun control advocates has some of the strictest gun laws in the country.
Even though the Supreme Court struck down D.C.’s ban on the possession of handguns in the home in 2008, the District still has a litany of laws on the books that make it more difficult to obtain some firearms, impossible to obtain others, and illegal to carry any loaded gun in the city.
By just being in the city with a loaded firearm, regardless of whether he was the legally registered owner, the suspect Aaron Alexis would be in violation of D.C. law. Carrying a concealed firearm or carrying a firearm openly in D.C. are both against the law. Bringing a firearm from out of state without registering it in D.C. is illegal. Assault-style rifles are banned. And even traveling through D.C. with a firearm is illegal.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:11 pm

WHL wrote:OH?   I seem to remember David Gregory getting in trouble because he had a gun on the tv set in DC.

My God WHL will you think before you post?? The man had a clip in his hand.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:14 pm

My God Achigan did you read the link above your post?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Achigan wrote:
WHL wrote:OH?   I seem to remember David Gregory getting in trouble because he had a gun on the tv set in DC.

My God WHL will you think before you post??  The man had a clip in his hand.

That is known as a magazine: a "clip" is used in military rifles such as the M-1 Garand.

"The Rifle that Won World War II" for News Buzzard & company
to be free
to post their "political-leanings" here.

Rolling Eyes

Of which, Government-stored M-1 Garands are made available to the public in the occasional publically-announced firearms sales.

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 pm

WHL wrote:Even though the Supreme Court struck down D.C.’s ban on the possession of handguns in the home in 2008,.....

That means it is not illegal to possess a gun in Washington DC, since 2008!

I understand your argument, but absent uniform national legislation on gun sales and possession it will always be easy to move guns from states with lax rules to other states, like NY, Illinois and Washington DC.

There are millions of registered cars throughout this country and the information on those cars, in any state, is logged in the National Crime Information Center. (NCIC) One of our local officers can get information on a car with California license plates in seconds, while in his (or her) cruiser. All guns have serial numbers, so I don't see why we can't make an effort to input all of that information in the same computers. I think if we create a paper trail on guns people will be more careful with them.

With all of these public shootings, 6 in the last week, why not try something? I think Senator Kelly Ayotte is going to lose in 2016 and I believe it will be because of her NO vote on background checks!

I am not going to discuss this anymore with you, WHL, and News Hawk can just keep posting his moronic pictures!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:36 pm

News Hawk wrote:
Achigan wrote:

That is known as a magazine: a "clip" is used in military rifles such as the M-1 Garand.

"The Rifle that Won World War II" for News Buzzard & company
to be free
to post their "political-leanings" here.

Rolling Eyes

Of which, Government-stored M-1 Garands are made available to the public in the occasional publically-announced firearms sales.

I should also mention that Gregory had an ILLEGAL CLIP when he held it up for the cameras!

Did News Buzzard just discover the meaning of "infringed".

scratch 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Achigan wrote:

First...

This is a "clip":

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 2 7.62_NATO_tracer_rounds,_in_stripper_clip

This is a "magazine":

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 2 30-round-Magazine

Gregory had in his possession a 30 round magazine, which is a criminal violation of DC code.

"No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term 'large capacity ammunition feeding device' means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

The only reason nothing happened is because the DA declined to prosecute.

Had it been some random Mundane like you or I, bet your ass you'd be in prison.

Just-Us.

NBC's David Gregory Won't Be Charged For Showing Ammo Magazine

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/01/11/169188028/nbcs-david-gregory-wont-be-charged-for-showing-ammo-magazine

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 2 Ap290655732197-ac4493c22e23d81696609ca17cc6abf97d3130ff-s4-c85

When NBC News' David Gregory displayed what he said was a high-capacity ammunition magazine on Meet the Press , it prompted Washington, D.C., law enforcement officials to investigate whether he had broken a city law.

As Mark , D.C.'s official code says in part: "No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm."

But on Friday, D.C. prosecutors announced that Gregory would not be arrested or charged with a crime.

As The Washington Post reported:

"D.C. attorney general Irvin B. Nathan announced his decision Friday afternoon by . Nathan wrote that though the device Gregory held up 'meets the definition' of the criminal statute, he wrote that prosecution 'would not promote public safety in the District of Columbia nor serve the best interests of the people of the District to whom this office owes its trust."

In the letter, Nathan explained: "Influencing our judgment in this case, among other things, is our recognition that the intent of the temporary possession and short display of the magazine was to promote the First Amendment purpose of informing an ongoing public debate about firearms policy in the United States, especially while this subject was foremost in the minds of the public" after the Connecticut school massacre and President Obama's address to the nation.

The Associated Press that Nathan said there were other legal ways to prove the point and that "there is no doubt of the gravity of the illegal conduct in this matter, especially in a city and a nation that have been plagued by carnage from gun violence." He said it was a "very close decision" to not bring charges.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:
This is a "magazine":

Gregory had in his possession a 30 round magazine, which is a criminal violation of DC code.

Hey, I just remembered, I got one of them as a door prize!

sunny 

Should I sell it, or buy a rifle that fits it?

Ruger?

scratch 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:25 pm

One other thing...

What was the name of the gun-banning-journolist who fired shots at people "borrowing" his backyard pool in DC?

"Lewis" comes to mind, but the Internet has "forgotten" such items.

Maybe the News Crows are similarly inclined?

What a Face 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:55 pm

You are right Anti. If it was us we would be prosecuted. I remember listening to a show in which they said a man got stopped and when the cops found a gun in his car they took him directly to jail. They used this example to show why Gregory was getting special treatment. The cops have no tolerance for guns in DC. It may have changed since the court ruling. That I don't know.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:14 pm

WHL wrote:You are right Anti.  If it was us we would be prosecuted. I remember listening to a show in which they said a man got stopped and when the cops found a gun in his car they took him directly to jail.  They used this example to show why Gregory was getting special treatment.  The cops have no tolerance for guns in DC.  It may have changed since the court ruling.  That I don't know.

No, that thing with Gregory was after Heller.

AFAIK, all the prohibitions on magazines and styles of rifles and so forth are still in place.

Last edited by Anti Federalist on Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:17 pm

News Hawk wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:
This is a "magazine":

sunny 

Ruger?

scratch 

Just off the top of my head, those are polymer mags for an M-4/AR-15 carbine.

Lots of them out there.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:22 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:
News Hawk wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:
This is a "magazine":

sunny 

Ruger?

scratch 

Lots of them out there.

Sure, right off the top of your head...give me a break!
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:47 pm

News Buzzard wrote:That means it is not illegal to possess a gun in Washington DC, since 2008!

I understand your argument, but absent uniform national legislation on gun sales and possession it will always be easy to move guns from states with lax rules to other states, like NY, Illinois and Washington DC.

There are millions of registered cars throughout this country and the information on those cars, in any state, is logged in the National Crime Information Center. (NCIC) One of our local officers can get information on a car with California license plates in seconds, while in his (or her) cruiser. All guns have serial numbers, so I don't see why we can't make an effort to input all of that information in the same computers. I think if we create a paper trail on guns people will be more careful with them.

With all of these public shootings, 6 in the last week, why not try something? I think Senator Kelly Ayotte is going to lose in 2016 and I believe it will be because of her NO vote on background checks!

I am not going to discuss this anymore with you, WHL, and News Hawk can just keep posting his moronic pictures!

Yes, it was illegal to own almost any type of firearm, short of single shot shotguns and bolt action rifles, which were rendered useless in any kind of emergency due to the dissembled and locked up rules.

The Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975 was passed by the District of Columbia city council on September 24, 1976.[1] On June 26, 2008, in the historic case of District of Columbia v. Heller, the Supreme Court of the United States determined that the ban and trigger lock provision violate the Second Amendment. The law banned residents from owning handguns, automatic firearms, or high-capacity semi-automatic firearms, as well as prohibited possession of unregistered firearms. Exceptions to the ban were allowed for police officers and guns registered before 1976. The law also required firearms kept in the home to be "unloaded, disassembled, or bound by a trigger lock or similar device";[2] this was deemed to be a prohibition on the use of firearms for self-defense in the home.

The reason why?

Well, tell you what, when you let a cop into your home to inspect and register all your books, papers, films, dvds and computer files, then maybe we'll talk.

Every place that has registered firearms has later used those lists to confiscate firearms.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:51 pm

Achigan wrote:Sure, right off the top of your head...give me a break!

"Give you a break", why?

At a quick glance that's what those mags look like they are designed for.

Many magazines appear very similar though.

Without carefully checking however, there is no way to be 100 percent sure, just from an online picture.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:

Lots of them out there.

I think you're right.

But now that I think of it, mine is polymer, but for caliber 308.

Sad 

Here's Ruger's steel magazine, which follows the same curve as your posted image:

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 2 Ruger%20-%20Mini14%20.223%20Blue%20Finish%20-%2040%20Round%20Magazine

study 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:

"Give you a break", why?

Without carefully checking however, there is no way to be 100 percent sure, just from an online picture.

You said: "those are polymer mags for an M-4/AR-15 carbine"...that sounds like you know for sure.  Nice to have google isn't it.  Laughing

Don't feel bad, we all do as if we are the ones who know it all...it's called "Narcissism"...the pursuit of gratification from vanity, or egotistic admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Achigan wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:

"Give you a break", why?

You said: "those are polymer mags for an M-4/AR-15 carbine"...that sounds like you know for sure.  Nice to have google isn't it.  Laughing

Don't feel bad, we all do as if we are the ones who know it all...it's called "Narcissism"...the pursuit of gratification from vanity, or egotistic admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes

I said LOOKS LIKE.

I'm a gun guy.

I'm also a car guy.

I could look at a whole pile of nothing but engine blocks and tell you what size, make and year they were just by looking.

Also, if you look you will see that the magazine is clearly stamped 5.56x45mm which is, of course, the standard round for the M-4/M-16/AR-15 variants.

I know it wasn't a MINI-14 magazine, nor any much more rare Steyr or Sig platforms for that round.

Therefore it LOOKS LIKE it is for an M-4/AR-15.

Don't be a blockhead.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:17 pm

No googling Achigan, what is this firearm and a brief history of it?

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 2 M1911_Pistol_US

Any gun guy could tell you that without looking anything up.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Hey, Achigan!

You a sports guy?

Bet you can recite players, games, stats and so on right off the top of your head, if you are.

I know plenty of sports heads that can.

Guess what?

I couldn't tell you who was playing in the Stupor Bowl if you held a gun to my head.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:28 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:No googling Achigan, what is this firearm and a brief history of it?

I'm not a gun guy and proved it when I said "clip".

I am thinking about getting a Glock handgun sometime.  I had a Ruger security six handgun about 30 years ago but only shot it about five times.

I think this is what it looked like:
Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 2 300px-Securitysix
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:57 pm

[quote="Anti Federalist"]No googling Achigan, what is this firearm and a brief history of it?

I dunno.

scratch 

There are many identical copies sold under a variety of names—like "Erjecito Argentino"...
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next