Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama vows to act 'wherever and whenever' he can.

5 posters

Go down

Obama vows to act 'wherever and whenever' he can.   Empty Obama vows to act 'wherever and whenever' he can.

Post  Achigan Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:34 pm

President Barack Obama will use the State of the Union address to announce executive actions to help the long-term unemployed find work and expand job-training programs.

Republicans have thwarted most of Obama's initiatives, including on gun control and climate change, and this year's elections make it even less likely that they will rally behind his proposals. Still, the partisan fighting has eased somewhat from when Republicans shut down the government for 16 days last fall and brought the country to the brink of default.

http://news.msn.com/us/obama-vows-to-act-wherever-and-whenever-he-can

Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Obama vows to act 'wherever and whenever' he can.   Empty Obama warning Congress: I'll do it without you

Post  Achigan Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:14 pm

Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Obama vows to act 'wherever and whenever' he can.   Empty Re: Obama vows to act 'wherever and whenever' he can.

Post  Anti Federalist Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:19 pm

And how is this any different than W saying he would do the same thing, and that he was "The Decider"?

And there are some on this board right now, that defended what W had done.

And are now screaming blue murder when O-Bomb-Ya does the same damn thing.

I told you people that a Unilateral Executive was a bad idea and that you would end up regretting the precedent that had been set.

Obama vows to act 'wherever and whenever' he can.   428171_4600128439770_233180195_n
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Obama vows to act 'wherever and whenever' he can.   Empty Re: Obama vows to act 'wherever and whenever' he can.

Post  News Buzzard Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:50 am

Achigan wrote:President Barack Obama will use the State of the Union address to announce executive actions to help the long-term unemployed find work and expand job-training programs.

Republicans have thwarted most of Obama's initiatives, including on gun control and climate change, and this year's elections make it even less likely that they will rally behind his proposals. Still, the partisan fighting has eased somewhat from when Republicans shut down the government for 16 days last fall and brought the country to the brink of default.

http://news.msn.com/us/obama-vows-to-act-wherever-and-whenever-he-can

Obama's speech was excellent and directed to the American people. How much can we expect from the Republicans when they have to give 4 responses to the State of the Union?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:14 am

This is what I got from Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers Republican response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union address:

And a nation where a girl who worked at the McDonald’s Drive-Thru to help pay for college can be with you from the United States Capitol.

If you had told me as a little girl that one-day I would put my hand on the Bible and be sworn in as the 200th woman to serve in the House of Representatives, I never would’ve thought it possible.

I grew up working at my family’s orchard and fruit stand in Kettle Falls, a small town in Eastern Washington - getting up before dawn with my brother to pick apples.

My dad drove a school bus and my mom worked as a part-time bookkeeper.

They taught me to work hard, help others, and always, always dream for more.

So, when I showed my 4H animals at the county fair, my parents used to say to me, “Cathy, you need to save this money so you can go to college one day!”

So I did – I saved, I worked hard, and I became the first in my family to graduate from college.

Three days after we gave birth to our son, Cole, we got news no parent expects.

Cole was diagnosed with Down syndrome.

I was single when I was elected – but it wasn’t long before I met Brian, a retired Navy commander, and now we have three beautiful children, one who was born just eight weeks ago.

Tomorrow, I’ll watch my son Cole get on the school bus; others will wait in the doctor’s office or interview for that first job.

It was all about HER!!
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:21 am

[quote="Achigan"]President Barack Obama will use the State of the Union address to announce executive actions to help the long-term unemployed find work and expand job-training programs.

Just like he has been doing the last 5 years????? Where has that gotten us???
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:27 am

While Rodgers' life story is an admirable one, the Republicans are using her to try and soften up their image with women, mainly because they have a lot of angry old white guys who say a lot of stupid things about half of our population. Women live on Planet Earth and Republicans are from Mars!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:31 am

WHL wrote:
Achigan wrote:President Barack Obama will use the State of the Union address to announce executive actions to help the long-term unemployed find work and expand job-training programs.

Just like he has been doing the last 5 years?????  Where has that gotten us???

We aren't in a recession anymore and the economy is getting better. Did you forget that President Obama kept this country from total collapse?

The whole world is having a hard time with the economy. President Obama has to do what is right for the American people...and I can see that he is by using what is constitutionally within his power to do so.

Did you listen to the GOP response to the SOTU address?? She sounded like she was telling a story to a bunch of 1st graders.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:39 am

WHL wrote: Where has that gotten us???

He has gotten 8 million people back to work after Bush's disastrous recession.

He has gotten very ill people health insurance after so many families have gone bankrupt.

He has gotten us out of Iraq, Bush's disastrous war.

He is getting us out of Afghanistan by the end of this year, another Bush disaster.

He has brought national light to the fact that women make 77 cents to every man's dollar.

He has cut our annual deficit in half, after Bush increased our budget by 89%.

He has stopped the endless cycle of wars.

He got Osama bin Laden, when Bush couldn't

He has promised help to the many thousands of faithful soldiers who have bravely served us, and the Republicans need to come up with the money to take care of them.

He has saved the promise of social Security and Medicare to our very vulnerable seniors.

He has done all of this and more with very little help from the Republicans. The only thing they're good at is shutting down the government!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:51 am

Mostly Democrat talking points with no substance.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:15 am

WHL wrote:Mostly Democrat talking points with no substance.

Here are a couple of more talking points for you:

Obama got 55% of the women's vote while Romney got 44%!

Obama got 71% of the Hispanic vote while Romney got 27%!

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-respond-respond-obama-state-union-014726223--business.html

So far it looks like the Republicans have done nothing to change that trend!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:32 am

All good points NB.

One big thing that President Obama has done is to avoid any scandals that the GOP has tried for years to pin on him. Everything from not being a citizen to Darrell Issa's Benghazi. They wasted more time on trying to create a scandal that nothing else got done to help improve the REAL issues that all Americans face today.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:46 am

News Buzzard wrote:Obama's speech was excellent and directed to the American people.

You thought it was "excellent?" And why was that? What did he say that was new? Or, did you mean it was entertaining for you? He certainly was not talking to all Americans.

It was a good speech if one lives in fantasyland. Sounded like he thinks America is an endless supply of money and he is planning to spend every penny of it helping Americans that did not earn it.

The entire progressive utopian promise of a society of equal outcomes for unequal effort is a recipe for the suppression of individualism and entrepreneurism for the "good" of the collective. It always ends up with the masses poorer, lowers the standard of living for the majority, while a few live in luxury at the expense of the bondsman and bondswomen who are forced to give up their Liberty for the collective.

Such a society has never worked in the past, and it isn't going to work in the future either.

Aside from the whoppers Obama told last night (and the obvious misleading statements), I thought taking of credit when none in due was completely over the top. How dishonest for Obama to trumpet the rise in oil production, when he has done all he could to quash it. Only PRIVATE companies on PRIVATE land, mostly in N. Dakota, has given America more energy.

BUT

Let us let bygones be bygones. Let's not quibble over who is an incompetent liar and gained the award for lie of the year. Let's not concern ourselves over ramming unpopular legislation through an unwilling legislature. Let's forget about changing Senate rules to quell dissent.

Let's start with a clean slate and let Obama and his minions lie to us all over again.  Very Happy 

On a side note…

Obama actually thought it was funny that his healthcare law was repealed 40 times. No it isn’t really funny, maybe, just maybe the vast majority of the people in this country are right and he is wrong.

"We have to pass this to find out what's in it" is the definition of a stool sample.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Outerlimits wrote:"We have to pass this to find out what's in it" is the definition of a stool sample.

I wish this board had "reputation" I could give out.

That would be a +rep for sure.

I'm LMAO over here.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:08 pm

Outerlimits wrote:
On a side note…

Obama actually thought it was funny that his healthcare law was repealed 40 times.

The healthcare law wasn't repealed once, and the humor lies with the fact that the Republicans apparently don't know how legislation works in this country.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:45 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
Outerlimits wrote:
On a side note…

Obama actually thought it was funny that his healthcare law was repealed 40 times.

The healthcare law wasn't repealed once, and the humor lies with the fact that the Republicans apparently don't know how legislation works in this country.

Good find NB...Outer is slowly becoming the new WHL. "repealed 40 times"  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Achigan wrote:Good find NB...Outer is slowly becoming the new WHL.  "repealed 40 times"   Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Not that I would consider a comparison with WHL an insult…

The House of Representatives has voted on and passed the repeal of Obamacare…40 times.

Obama made the reference last night. Complain to him if you don’t like the context.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Outerlimits wrote:
Achigan wrote:Good find NB...Outer is slowly becoming the new WHL.  "repealed 40 times"   Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Not that I would consider a comparison with WHL an insult…

The House of Representatives has voted on and passed the repeal of Obamacare…40 times.  

Obama made the reference last night. Complain to him if you don’t like the context.

This is what you said: "Obama actually thought it was funny that his healthcare law was repealed 40 times."

This is what he actually said: "Let's see if the numbers add up. But let's not have another forty-something votes to repeal a law that's already helping millions of Americans like Amanda. The first forty were plenty. We got it. We all owe it to the American people to say what we're for, not just what we're against."

He did not say: "that his healthcare law was repealed 40 times."  Therefore it never got repealed, only voted to repeal...there is a big difference.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:12 pm

In fact Obamacare was repealed 40 times in the House of Representatives much like Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives.

Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Outerlimits wrote:In fact Obamacare was repealed 40 times in the House of Representatives much like Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives.

Who's questioning that??? I know it was "voted" to repeal @ 40 times in the House, that's not the issue. You said it was repealed 40 times. Big difference. You do know what it takes to "repeal" a law don't you??
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down