Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRS targets Conservatives

+2
fshnski
WHL
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

IRS targets Conservatives - Page 2 Empty Re: IRS targets Conservatives

Post  Outerlimits Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 am

News Buzzard wrote:Now that the Republicans on Issa's committee have bungled this into an active criminal investigation, I would think that everyone they bring in from the IRS is going to take the 5th! As a career criminal, you would think that Issa would better know how to handle this investigation! afro

You really need to stop defending the indefensible. They ADMITTED they did it and now it's time to find out who's going down. Now if you want to delude yourself into thinking it was just some low level rogue worker or a political witch hunt, you just go right ahead, the rest of the non-Kool Aide drinking people want answers.

I think that she and her lawyers were idiots and just blew it.

She gave her opening statement where she proclaimed her innocence. With that, she gave up her right to plead the 5th, she is obliged to testify. Things will start to get interesting when these officials face criminal charges and jail time. At that point, they will rat out their superiors and that likely will lead to the White House. You are right about one thing; deals will be made. With the revelation that the White House Chief of Staff was informed, but "did not tell the president", makes it hard to believe Obama didn’t know about the scandal and condoned it.

Faced with long prison sentences, members of the IRS will roll over on Obama. It will be an interesting summer and fall. Like Watergate, I suspect this will go on for a long time. The question will be whether Obama will survive his full second term, which is looking more and more doubtful.

By the way, please tell Alice when you get back to Wonderland we all say hello. Let’s see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Very Happy
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu May 23, 2013 11:00 am

It's interesting to see that you're so much smarter than a Harvard Law expert on the 5th Amendment. It's going to be a cold day in Hell before Issa can get Lerner to testify without immunity. We'll now see a parade of IRS officials taking the 5th Amendment before Issa's committee. Aren't you the guy who said that Fast and Furious was going to take Holder down? How did that work out for you? Basketball
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu May 23, 2013 11:03 am

Outerlimits wrote:The question will be whether Obama will survive his full second term, which is looking more and more doubtful.

Excuse me while I laugh my ass off!! lol! lol!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu May 23, 2013 11:31 am

News Buzzard wrote:It's interesting to see that you're so much smarter than a Harvard Law expert on the 5th Amendment.

That sounds about right. I know many boobs that hold degrees from Harvard.

Lerner stated, under oath, that she “did nothing wrong,” then her pleading the 5th is de-facto evidence of perjury. You can't simply make statements about a subject and then plead the Fifth in response to questions about the very same subject

Keep in mind; this isn't a criminal proceeding where a witness would be allowed to testify in their defense while taking the 5th on cross examination. But this being a congressional committee, Chairman Issa (your buddy) can rule however he wants to with regard to Lerner's rights. Congress (not a judge) can actually hold her in contempt.

By the way…

Alan Dershowitz (a renowned Harvard Law professor) and Liberal activist…agrees with my assessment.

News Buzzard wrote:
Outerlimits wrote:The question will be whether Obama will survive his full second term, which is looking more and more doubtful.

Excuse me while I laugh my ass off!! lol! lol!

Welcome to the party...get your popcorn ready. Very Happy
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu May 23, 2013 11:47 am

News Buzzard wrote:Excuse me while I laugh my ass off!! afro afro

Arrow Does News Buzzard have an adequate supply of fig leaves for Team Obama? Question
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu May 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Issa would have to subpoena Lerner again, hold her in contempt, and get a judge to go along with it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/05/22/did-lois-lerner-waive-her-right-to-invoke-the-fifth-amendment/

FAT CHANCE!

News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu May 23, 2013 12:56 pm

After reading your link, I think she said too much. I think she linked her self to the situation when she mentioned "IRS rules and regulations" and when she said "I have not provided false information to this or any other committee.”

From be-lows link ...

Beyond that, she refused to answer the committee’s questions, immediately triggering a debate among panel members over whether she had just voided her Fifth Amendment rights.

At the very least, Lerner’s speech prolonged the process. She’s almost certain to be back on Issa’s turf when Congress returns in June from the Memorial Day recess. If she refuses to talk then, the committee could ultimately pursue a contempt charge.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/darrell-issa-irs-lois-lerner-91755.html#ixzz2U8T5q8Rc

It seems the immediate reaction was that she misspoke.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Thu May 23, 2013 12:57 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Issa would have to subpoena Lerner again, hold her in contempt, and get a judge to go along with it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/05/22/did-lois-lerner-waive-her-right-to-invoke-the-fifth-amendment/

FAT CHANCE!

Ohhhh, let them dream, it's all they have!! Razz

I wouldn't testify either if I were prejudged guilty before appearing...kangaroo courts held by zealous losers.
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu May 23, 2013 1:00 pm

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

T. E. Lawrence
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu May 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Well, if it is anything like the past this will roll right off Obama's back too. I just hope it will be different this time and he won't get away with it. He thinks he can do anything and get away with it.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu May 23, 2013 1:46 pm

I was going to say, "It's not just him", but the buck has to stop somewhere.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu May 23, 2013 2:03 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Issa would have to subpoena Lerner again, hold her in contempt, and get a judge to go along with it.

FAT CHANCE!

In your scenario….

What part do you feel is unlikely to happen?

“Issa would have to subpoena Lerner again…”
Issa already said he was going to do it.

“…hold her in contempt”
I believe that is a given.

“…get a judge to go along with it.”
No problem there.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu May 23, 2013 2:16 pm

I'm saying that the only way they're going to get her to testify is with full immunity. They can bring her back and ask her 50 questions, and she can take the 5th on all 50 without Issa being able to do anything about it. In your world Issa can order her to be removed in handcuffs, but you're not in the real world. Like News Pigeon said, you can keep throwing shit up against the wall in the hope that something sticks, but it won't!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu May 23, 2013 2:18 pm

You don't have a problem with her taking the 5th?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu May 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Last week a Republican congressman publicly stated in a congressional hearing that she lied to Congress. At that point it turns into a criminal investigation and she has to protect herself. What's the big deal with giving her immunity? Isn't Obama the big fish in this investigation?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu May 23, 2013 2:25 pm

All should be held accountable for their actions.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu May 23, 2013 3:09 pm

The “Big Fish” is the one responsible. Whether it is Obama is yet to be determined. I highly doubt he directed this initiative, but at the very least it appears he knew about it and did nothing.

The bottom line is you cannot lie to Congress, you cannot be evasive, and you cannot try to mislead Congress. If you do, you will go to jail.

You are hoping (dreaming) Lerner will fall on the sword and break the chain. Lerner is trying to save her own skin first and foremost, and the skin of people above her. But when it becomes clear that she will be going to prison, she will spill her guts.

If you are hoping that Lerner will cop a deal and then testify that she was the guilty party (after receiving immunity) you are out of your mind.

The same thing happened in Watergate. People are generally unwilling to go to prison to save someone else.

I don’t even believe you (News Buzzard) would take one for Obama. Yes you are huge fanboy but I think if you had a 5th, you would admit your disappointment in this administration. drunken
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu May 23, 2013 3:43 pm

I was wondering how calculated her opening statement was. Was it just a mistake or was it intended to start a series of events?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu May 23, 2013 4:50 pm

I agree, fsh. What kind of "counsel" would advise her to say that and then take the 5th??? They should have known once she said what she said that Congress then could ask her questions about what she said.

Fanboy???? lol! I love it! I don't know if NB would take one on the chin for his hero Obama or not. I don't think he would go to jail for him though, much as he loves and adores O.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Thu May 23, 2013 5:59 pm

WHL wrote:

Fanboy???? lol! I love it! .

Really? I thought you didn't approve of name calling....
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu May 23, 2013 6:03 pm

That's a "gotcha".
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Thu May 23, 2013 6:12 pm

WHL wrote:

Fanboy???? lol! I love it!

So you now advocate for name-calling?? Pls advise, as the moderator we need your direction on this issue so as to proceed within the rules of this forum.
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu May 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Do you think it is insulting? I thought it was funny and rather clever.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu May 23, 2013 6:33 pm

News Pigeon wrote:
WHL wrote:

Fanboy???? lol! I love it!

So you now advocate for name-calling?? Pls advise, as the moderator we need your direction on this issue so as to proceed within the rules of this forum.

It's only funny when they're throwing the insults! Don't worry, we will enjoy watching the first African American President hand the baton off to the first Woman President! These "purported" scandals are being thrown about by a bunch of rank amateurs! king
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu May 23, 2013 6:52 pm

People will only take bullying for so long. Read the prior post out loud with an accent on the contemptuous words.

Last edited by fshnski on Thu May 23, 2013 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next