Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pelley admits the Dems are getting the news wrong.

3 posters

Go down

Pelley admits the Dems are getting the news wrong. Empty Pelley admits the Dems are getting the news wrong.

Post  WHL Sun May 12, 2013 8:34 am

"Our house is on fire," said Pelley. The video of Pelley's speech is courtesy of nowthisnews.com.

"These have been a bad few months for journalism," he added. "We're getting the big stories wrong, over and over again."

The CBS newsreader was quick to take at least partial blame. "Let me take the first arrow: During our coverage of Newtown, I sat on my set and I reported that Nancy Lanza was a teacher at the school. And that her son had attacked her classroom. It's a hell of a story, but it was dead wrong. Now, I was the managing editor, I made the decision to go ahead with that and I did, and that's what I said, and I was absolutely wrong. So let me just take the first arrow here."

And Pelley said the republic relies on the quality of the news business. "Democracies succeed or fail based on their journalism," said Pelley. "America is strong because its journalism is strong. That's how democracies work. They're only as good as the quality of the information that the public possesses. And that is where we come in."

So why don't they start telling the truth????
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pelley admits the Dems are getting the news wrong. Empty Re: Pelley admits the Dems are getting the news wrong.

Post  fshnski Sun May 12, 2013 11:23 am

They tell the truth, when it fits their agenda. What's a missing word here or there? What does it matter that they hid facts they knew of? So what that they tried to mold the news? We don't need to know any of that anyways.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Pelley admits the Dems are getting the news wrong. Empty Re: Pelley admits the Dems are getting the news wrong.

Post  WHL Sun May 12, 2013 12:38 pm

You are so correct!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 pm

WHL wrote:"Our house is on fire," said Pelley...And Pelley said the republic relies on the quality of the news business. "Democracies succeed or fail based on their journalism," said Pelley. "America is strong because its journalism is strong. That's how democracies work. They're only as good as the quality of the information that the public possesses. And that is where we come in."
Gee...the guy chooses today to quote Joseph Pulitzer...

Shocked
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down