Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greenwald Slams Media for Backing Obama's Domestic Surveillance When They Opposed Bush's

+2
Anti Federalist
fshnski
6 posters

Go down

Greenwald Slams Media for Backing Obama's Domestic Surveillance When They Opposed Bush's  Empty Greenwald Slams Media for Backing Obama's Domestic Surveillance When They Opposed Bush's

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:19 pm

It's been a hoot this week watching the same liberal media members that were apoplectic in 2005 when George W. Bush's domestic surveillance program was revealed contort themselves into almost impossible positions defending Barack Obama's far more intrusive scheme seven and a half years later.
Glenn Greenwald, the liberal author who first broke the news of this program, spoke to Howard Kurtz on CNN's Reliable Sources about this blatant hypocrisy.

Quote, "I'm not surprised at their reaction. I've been amazed and disappointed for a long time at how the most slavishly partisan media Democrats who pretended to care so much about these issues when doing so helped undermine George Bush are now the loudest apologists and cheerleaders for these same very policies."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/06/16/greenwald-slams-media-backing-obamas-domestic-surveillance-when-they#ixzz2WQMj8PFo
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Greenwald Slams Media for Backing Obama's Domestic Surveillance When They Opposed Bush's  Empty Re: Greenwald Slams Media for Backing Obama's Domestic Surveillance When They Opposed Bush's

Post  Anti Federalist Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Snowden and Greenwald.

This is all I have to say:

Greenwald Slams Media for Backing Obama's Domestic Surveillance When They Opposed Bush's  Applause-gif-tumblr-47_original
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Greenwald Slams Media for Backing Obama's Domestic Surveillance When They Opposed Bush's  Empty Re: Greenwald Slams Media for Backing Obama's Domestic Surveillance When They Opposed Bush's

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 am

There is a very big difference between the NSA program under Presidents Bush and Obama. The Bush Administration was doing eavesdropping without warrants, and now the NSA is getting a warrant from a FISA court when they want to eavesdrop on someone. The Bush Administration was also trying to get information from people through the use of torture, and thus creating a generation of recruits for jihad against us. Bush's ill-advised invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq will haunt us for generations! Blame Bush? You betcha!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:09 pm

News Buzzard wrote:There is a very big difference between the NSA program under Presidents Bush and Obama. The Bush Administration was doing eavesdropping without warrants, and now the NSA is getting a warrant from a FISA court when they want to eavesdrop on someone. The Bush Administration was also trying to get information from people through the use of torture, and thus creating a generation of recruits for jihad against us. Bush's ill-advised invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq will haunt us for generations! Blame Bush? You betcha!!
This might be the most inaccurate post in the history of…posts.

Do you even know what the FISA Court is and what is it's jurisdiction? Under the LAW, George W. Bush was authorized, (through the Attorney General), electronic surveillance without a court order for the period of one year provided it is only for foreign intelligence information; targeting foreign powers or their agents.  By definition there was to be no substantial likelihood that the surveillance would acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party.

Are you actually trying to make the point that surveillance under George W. Bush was more intrusive to Americans than J. Edgar Obama?

REALLY?
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:31 pm

It's been a hoot this week watching the same liberal media members that were apoplectic in 2005 when George W. Bush's domestic surveillance program was revealed contort themselves into almost impossible positions defending Barack Obama's far more intrusive scheme seven and a half years later.
It's important to the Marxists to turn everything up-side down.

Mad
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Didn’t Obama say: "Nobody is listening to your calls people" 

Not quite true: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57589495-38/nsa-spying-flap-extends-to-contents-of-u.s-phone-calls/

"If the NSA wants "to listen to the phone," an analyst's decision is sufficient, without any other legal authorization required, Nadler said he learned.”I was rather startled," said Nadler, an attorney and congressman who serves on the House Judiciary committee."

I thought Congress knew all about this?

"For one thing, under an Obama presidency, Americans will be able to leave behind the era of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and wiretaps without warrants" -Obama in 2008

Obama is a fraud.

Chip away at freedoms and let our country suffer the consequences. In the lifespan of one man, millions of people were exterminated. But nothing that extreme can happen now.  We have rights and protections that insure that. Every time one little thing is instituted that goes against our rights, it provides a stepping stone in that wide river of our protections.  Even if it seems inconsequential, every right given up is one more step making it easier to cross that divide.  Keep playing the trusting ostrich because you aren't doing anything wrong and ponder how much of that water barrier may be left to protect you and your children.  It is just a matter of time before the wrong people start using all the information obtained for the wrong purposes and are able to do so because all those little stones provided an easy walkway.

WAKE UP

Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:57 pm

There is a very big difference between the NSA program under Presidents Bush and Obama. The Bush Administration was doing eavesdropping without warrants, and now the NSA is getting a warrant from a FISA court when they want to eavesdrop on someone. The Bush Administration was also trying to get information from people through the use of torture, and thus creating a generation of recruits for jihad against us. Bush's ill-advised invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq will haunt us for generations! Blame Bush? You betcha!!

Wow.

I just got spun so hard, my head is swirling.

Look, drop the partisan bickering, I was as critical as anybody over W, after all, he set all this stuff in motion.

But to even try to "take one for the team" on this is ridiculous.

Snap out of it people.

The surveillance/police state that I was hollering about ten years ago is now here.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:51 pm

Outerlimits wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:There is a very big difference between the NSA program under Presidents Bush and Obama. The Bush Administration was doing eavesdropping without warrants, and now the NSA is getting a warrant from a FISA court when they want to eavesdrop on someone. The Bush Administration was also trying to get information from people through the use of torture, and thus creating a generation of recruits for jihad against us. Bush's ill-advised invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq will haunt us for generations! Blame Bush? You betcha!!
This might be the most inaccurate post in the history of…posts.

I don't think my statement was inaccurate at all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA_warrantless_surveillance_controversy

What are you also saying, that our country wasn't doing renditions and torture during the Bush years?

News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:04 pm

What are you also saying, that our country wasn't doing renditions and torture during the Bush years

Of course there was.

And it has increased and expanded under O-bomb-ya.

Just like I said it would.

And it will increase under the next president-king, regardless of whether he is wearing a Team Red or Team Blue jersey.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:16 pm

I have not read anything that would indicate that we are still torturing people since Obama took over, but I'll leave it at that since you like to stay in the middle of the road. Here is a good article in the USA Today, today, about former NSA employees Binney, Clark and Wiebe:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/06/16/snowden-whistleblower-nsa-officials-roundtable/2428809/
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:57 pm

No, of course you don't because in 2009, with NPR at the forefront, the government media organs decided to no longer use the word torture:

In the summer of 2009 NPR decided to ban using the word torture[89] in what was a controversial act. Its Ombudsman Alicia Shepard's defense of the policy was that "calling waterboarding torture is tantamount to taking sides."[90] But, Berkeley Professor of Linguistics, Geoffrey Nunberg, pointed out that virtually all media around the world, other than what he called the "spineless U.S. media", call these techniques torture.[91][92] In an article on the euphemisms invented by the media that also criticized NPR, Glenn Greenwald discussed the enabling "corruption of American journalism":
This active media complicity in concealing that our Government created a systematic torture regime, by refusing ever to say so, is one of the principal reasons it was allowed to happen for so long. The steadfast, ongoing refusal of our leading media institutions to refer to what the Bush administration did as "torture" -- even in the face of more than 100 detainee deaths; the use of that term by a leading Bush official to describe what was done at Guantanamo; and the fact that media outlets frequently use the word "torture" to describe the exact same methods when used by other countries --reveals much about how the modern journalist thinks.[93]
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:02 pm

but I'll leave it at that since you like to stay in the middle of the road.

Hmmm...borrow money from Tony Soprano or Vito Corelene?

Yah, I think I'll stay right here in the middle.

BTW - Where'd all the leftist anti-war people go?

Why are they not out in the streets over Libya or Syria?
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:21 pm

I guess you know the answer to that, Anti.  Since Obama is president, the anti war people are quiet.  If it was Bush, it would be all over the news.  Not that I liked Bush either.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:56 pm

WHL wrote:I guess you know the answer to that, Anti.  Since Obama is president, the anti war people are quiet.  If it was Bush, it would be all over the news.  Not that I liked Bush either.

Yes, of course, purely rhetorical.

Just like the defense of the spying and surveillance grid.

You've known me for almost 10 years now. You know I've opposed that consistently since day one. It's evil and unconstitutional whether it is Team Red or Team Blue pulling the strings.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:55 pm

"...I have not read anything that would indicate that we are still torturing people since Obama took over..."

We tortured our Ambassador at Benghazi.

Sad
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:57 pm

"What difference does it make?"

Last edited by fshnski on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hillary quote.)
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:23 pm

Wow, has it been ten years?  But you are right, Blue, Red, it doesn't make much difference.  We need something to make a difference.  Nobody has any guts.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Anti-Federalist wrote:"...You know I've opposed that consistently since day one. It's evil and unconstitutional whether it is Team Red or Team Blue pulling the strings..."

This latest team works from the Marxist playbook: blackmailing Supreme Court justices, using the EPA to attack donors, going to Verison for personal phone calls, installing unelected "Czars", placing admitted Communists into important stations, merging corporate media-leaders with this Marxist regime, corrupting the IRS to advance political points—and that's what we know is going on...!

ShockedNeed I go on?  Shocked
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Greenwald Slams Media for Backing Obama's Domestic Surveillance When They Opposed Bush's  5926593693_89c1b343a8
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:02 pm

That's silly.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down