Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I never thought I would hear this ...

3 posters

Go down

I never thought I would hear this ... Empty I never thought I would hear this ...

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:00 am

ACLU to Obama: ‘We are tired of living in a nation governed by fear’

Under President Obama, the United States is “a nation governed by fear,” the American Civil Liberties Union says in an open letter that echoes the criticisms Obama has made of George W. Bush’s national security policies.

“[W]e say as Americans that we are tired of seeing liberty sacrificed on the altar of security and having a handful of lawmakers decide what we should and should not know,” the ACLU writes in a statement circulated to grassroots supporters and addressed to Obama. “We are tired of living in a nation governed by fear instead of the principles of freedom and liberty that made this nation great.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/aclu-to-obama-we-are-tired-of-living-in-a-nation-governed-by-fear/article/2532282
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

I never thought I would hear this ... Empty Re: I never thought I would hear this ...

Post  WHL Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Surprises me too.  All these things make me feel a little more optimistic.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

I never thought I would hear this ... Empty Re: I never thought I would hear this ...

Post  Outerlimits Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:51 pm

I never thought I would be on the same side as the ACLU.   go figure.

It is actually to hot to boat today.Crying or Very sad
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down