Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WI-Animal shelter placed under surveillance then SWAT raided for saving baby deer.

5 posters

Go down

WI-Animal shelter placed under surveillance then SWAT raided for saving baby deer. Empty WI-Animal shelter placed under surveillance then SWAT raided for saving baby deer.

Post  Anti Federalist Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:54 pm

File this one under "You ARE doing something wrong, you DO have something to hide."

I amazed I can hear anything these days, with all this freedom ringing in my ears.

Oh, and they, the clam cops, killed the deer.

Armed government agents raid animal shelter to euthanize baby deer

posted at 10:21 am on August 1, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/08/01/armed-government-agents-raid-animal-shelter-to-euthanize-baby-deer/

In Wisconsin, yet another example of the government’s overzealous attempts to punish citizens for good-faith interactions with wildlife, even if they’re saving said wildlife. This time, an armed raid to capture and euthanize a fawn at an animal shelter, which was on its way to a wildlife preserve. Government is just a word for things we do together, Bambi:

It was like a SWAT team,” shelter employee Ray Schulze said.

Two weeks ago, Schulze was working in the barn at the Society of St. Francis on the Kenosha-Illinois border when a swarm of squad cars arrived and officers unloaded with a search warrant.

“(There were) nine DNR agents and four deputy sheriffs, and they were all armed to the teeth,” Schulze said.

The focus of their search was a baby fawn brought there by an Illinois family worried she had been abandoned by her mother.

“When it made a little noise, it sounded like it was laughing,” Schulze said.

Schulze videotaped the fawn they named Giggles during the two weeks she was there. The Department of Natural Resources began investigating after two anonymous calls reporting a baby deer at the no-kill shelter.

The warden drafted an affidavit for the search warrant, complete with aerial photos in which he described getting himself into a position where he was able to see the fawn going in and out of the barn.

Agents told staff they came to seize the deer because Wisconsin law forbids the possession of wildlife.

So, they took the deer and killed it. Mercifully, I guess, the state has chosen not to press charges against this animal shelter for the horrible crime of trying to rehabilitate a deer abandoned by its mother in an animal shelter and transfer it to a wildlife preserve in Illinois, where wild deer are permitted by law. Apparently, if the shelter had had a state-issued permit for keeping a wild deer, everything would have been fine, which suggests keeping one is not inherently dangerous, despite that being the Department of Natural Resources’ justification for killing the fawn.

The representative of the animal shelter gave the government far too much credit:

“I was thinking in my mind they were going to take the deer and take it to a wildlife shelter, and here they come carrying the baby deer over their shoulder. She was in a body bag,” Schulze said. “I said, ‘Why did you do that?’ He said, ‘That’s our policy,’ and I said, ‘That’s one hell of a policy.’”

And a government spokesperson literally likened the raid to a drug bust:

“Could you have made a phone call before showing up, I mean, that’s a lot of resources,” WISN 12 News investigative reporter Colleen Henry asked.

“If a sheriff’s department is going in to do a search warrant on a drug bust, they don’t call them and ask them to voluntarily surrender their marijuana or whatever drug that they have before they show up,” Niemeyer said,
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

WI-Animal shelter placed under surveillance then SWAT raided for saving baby deer. Empty Re: WI-Animal shelter placed under surveillance then SWAT raided for saving baby deer.

Post  WHL Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:58 pm

OMG
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

WI-Animal shelter placed under surveillance then SWAT raided for saving baby deer. Empty Re: WI-Animal shelter placed under surveillance then SWAT raided for saving baby deer.

Post  Anti Federalist Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:00 pm

The Department of Natural Resources began investigating after two anonymous calls reporting a baby deer at the no-kill shelter. wrote:

See Something, Say Something.

Like a Good German.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

WI-Animal shelter placed under surveillance then SWAT raided for saving baby deer. Empty ...doing Bambi in...

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:13 am

WHL wrote:OMG

Department of Natural Resources SWAT team, aided by County Sheriff Deputies, dispatched a real fawn (like Bambi) the day before it was to go to the proper Illinois wildlife haven:

WI-Animal shelter placed under surveillance then SWAT raided for saving baby deer. Dhs-troops
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:32 am

Sorry to go off topic but I think we need to take a break from searching on the internet for all the negative news that can be found and then posting it here.

"We are bombarded by information, thanks in large part to the internet and its allied technologies. But exposure to unlimited information is not the same thing as the ability to capture it as knowledge or synthesize it as understanding. "We are living in a state of perpetual distraction," says Nicholas Carr, "which crowds out the more contemplative, calmer modes of thinking." We need these quieter, less frenetic moments to think conceptually, critically, and creatively. This video argues that digital multitasking and cute cat videos are undermining the very thought processes that are the essence of our humanity."

http://www.dailygood.org/2013/05/31/this-is-your-brain-on-the-internet/

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:37 am

"It is the greatest truth of our age: Information is not knowledge."

Caleb Carr
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:28 am

fshnski wrote:"It is the greatest truth of our age: Information is not knowledge."

Caleb Carr

Very true. It's hard to take a news article and thoroughly understand the real facts of the issue. The real truth can only be known by actual experience or observation.

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:49 am

Donzel wrote:
fshnski wrote:"It is the greatest truth of our age: Information is not knowledge."

Caleb Carr

Very true.  It's hard to take a news article and thoroughly understand the real facts of the issue.  

The real truth can only be known by actual experience or observation.

Sooooo, we burn the Library of Congress then?

I mean, you know, reading a book can't impart any real truth, right?

I know a few of the people here, have known them for years, and it's my understanding when they invited me here, that news and opinion gets posted in "news and opinion" forums.

I'm not sure what your complaint is.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:54 am

Donzel wrote:Sorry to go off topic but I think we need to take a break from searching on the internet for all the negative news that can be found and then posting it here.

So, you don't find anything wrong with SWAT raiders armed with automatic weapons being called out to enforce a misdemeanor wildlife infraction?
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down