Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medicare, Medicaid chief also on hot seat over Obamacare rollout disaster ...

2 posters

Go down

Medicare, Medicaid chief also on hot seat over Obamacare rollout disaster ... Empty Medicare, Medicaid chief also on hot seat over Obamacare rollout disaster ...

Post  fshnski Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has become the public face of the problem-plagued Obamacare website, which broke down just as millions of Americans sought information about the health care law for the first time.

But another major administration figure, Marilyn Tavenner, the head of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, will also get plenty of scrutiny from Republicans in coming days.

Though Sebelius is the easiest and highest-profile target, Tavenner will face an onslaught of questions about technical problems that continue to go unanswered on the website which enrolls consumers in Obamacare's new insurance exchanges.

Tavenner's agency is responsible for the oversight of health entitlements and most of the key provisions of the Affordable Care Act.

Tavenner will testify before the House Ways and Means Committee on Tuesday, before Sebelius answers questions from the House Energy and Commerce Committee on Wednesday.

The administration has been reluctant to disclose details about the scope of the website’s problems, how long it will take to fix the issues and the individuals doing the repair work.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/medicare-medicaid-chief-also-on-hot-seat-over-obamacare-rollout/article/2537675
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Medicare, Medicaid chief also on hot seat over Obamacare rollout disaster ... Empty Re: Medicare, Medicaid chief also on hot seat over Obamacare rollout disaster ...

Post  News Hawk Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:04 am

[quote="fshnski"]"...Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has become the public face of the problem-plagued Obamacare website, which broke down just as millions of Americans sought information about the health care law for the first time. But another major administration figure, Marilyn Tavenner, the head of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, will also get plenty of scrutiny from Republicans in coming days..."

Dear Mr. President:

During my shift in the Emergency Room last night, I  had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive  shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate  and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive brand of tennis shoes and who  chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ring  tone. While glancing over her patient chart, I happened to notice that her  payer status was listed as "Medicaid"! During my examination of  her, the patient informed me that she smokes more than one costly pack of  cigarettes every day and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer.

And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care
? I  contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is not the result of  a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. Rather, it is the result  of a "crisis of culture", a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable  to spend money on luxuries and vices while refusing to  take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance. It is a  culture based on the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want  to because someone else will always take care of me."

Once you fix this "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility  and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care  difficulties will disappear.

Respectfully,
STARNER JONES, MD
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down