Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience

+2
Achigan
fshnski
6 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience Empty Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience

Post  fshnski Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Six in 10 uninsured Americans who visited one of Obamacare’s health care exchange website in the last three months say their experience was mostly negative, as the White House touts new enrollment numbers and tries to mitigate fallout from the disastrous rollout of the federal Healthcare.gov website.

Fifty-nine percent who visited an exchange website in December say their experience was “negative” or “very negative,” compared to 39 percent who said it was “positive” or “very positive,” according to new numbers from Gallup. Combined totals from October and November Gallup polling showed 63 percent of visitors saying they had a negative experience and 33 percent reporting a positive one.

The Obama administration had set a goal of Nov. 30 to have all the major technical glitches with the federal exchanges fixed. Of the people who visited an exchange, 24 percent say they went to the federal one, 20 percent said a state exchange, 17 percent said both, and more than a third — 37 percent — were unsure.

Twenty-six percent of uninsured Americans say they’ve visited an exchange, up from 20 percent for October and November. Prior Gallup tracking has shown that less than half of uninsured Americans plan to sign up for coverage through an exchange, instead opting for a plan through their employer or a family member.

Thirty percent of uninsured Americans say they’re more likely to forgo insurance and pay the law’s fine rather than sign up.

The poll was conducted Dec. 1-29 is of 1,563 adults who do not have health insurance. It has a margin of error of ±3 percentage points.
The sample of 454 uninsured adults who have visited a health insurance exchange website had a margin of error of ±6 percentage points.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/2/six-10-had-bad-health-care-exchange-experience-pol/#ixzz2pHHxwlHU
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience Empty Re: Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience

Post  Achigan Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:21 pm

I just took a poll and the results are that you are a loser.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience Empty Wal-Mart recalls tainted donkey meat from stores in China

Post  fshnski Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world's largest retailer, has recalled donkey meat sold at some outlets in China after tests showed the product contained the DNA of other animals, the U.S. company said.

Wal-Mart will reimburse customers who bought the tainted "Five Spice" donkey meat and is helping local food and industry agencies in eastern Shandong province investigate its Chinese supplier, it said late on Wednesday in official posts on China's Twitter-like Weibo. The Shandong Food and Drug Administration earlier said the product contained fox meat.

The scandal could dent Wal-Mart's reputation for quality in China's $1 trillion food and grocery market where it plans to open 110 new stores in the next few years. China is the largest grocery market in the world and is set to grow to $1.5 trillion by 2016, according to the Institute of Grocery Distribution.

"This is another hit on Wal-Mart's brand, meaning wealthy shoppers will start to lose the trust they had before," said Shaun Rein, Shanghai-based managing director of China Market Research (CMR) Group. CMR estimates Wal-Mart's market share fell from 7.5 percent to 5.2 percent over the last three years.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/donkey-meat-recall-china-article-1.1564501#ixzz2pHKt4cJp
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience Empty Re: Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience

Post  Achigan Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:27 pm

fshnski wrote:Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world's largest retailer, has recalled donkey meat sold at some outlets in China after tests showed the product contained the DNA of other animals, the U.S. company said.

Wal-Mart will reimburse customers who bought the tainted "Five Spice" donkey meat and is helping local food and industry agencies in eastern Shandong province investigate its Chinese supplier, it said late on Wednesday in official posts on China's Twitter-like Weibo. The Shandong Food and Drug Administration earlier said the product contained fox meat.

The scandal could dent Wal-Mart's reputation for quality in China's $1 trillion food and grocery market where it plans to open 110 new stores in the next few years. China is the largest grocery market in the world and is set to grow to $1.5 trillion by 2016, according to the Institute of Grocery Distribution.

"This is another hit on Wal-Mart's brand, meaning wealthy shoppers will start to lose the trust they had before," said Shaun Rein, Shanghai-based managing director of China Market Research (CMR) Group. CMR estimates Wal-Mart's market share fell from 7.5 percent to 5.2 percent over the last three years.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/donkey-meat-recall-china-article-1.1564501#ixzz2pHKt4cJp

What does this have to do with "Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience"??????

Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:34 pm

What difference does it make? You won't read it anyways.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Achigan wrote:I just took a poll and the results are that you are a loser.

Achigan, could you give fsh a break? You say others are negative, well all you have done is attack fsh.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:06 pm

WHL wrote:
Achigan wrote:I just took a poll and the results are that you are a loser.

Achigan, could you give fsh a break?  You say others are negative, well all you have done is attack fsh.

OK.

Last edited by Achigan on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:11 pm

fshnski wrote:"...Thirty percent of uninsured Americans say they’re more likely to forgo insurance and pay the law’s fine rather than sign up..."

"Even though it’s going to be forced on them thanks to Obamacare, one in four young Americans believe that “they are healthy enough to go without health insurance.”

According to the June 2013 Kaiser Health Tracking Poll, about 25 percent of adults between 18 and 30 believe they’re healthy enough to forego health insurance. Approximately 35 percent of young adults feel that health insurance isn’t “worth the money it costs” as well. In comparison, only 11 percent of adults of all ages believe they’re healthy enough to go without health insurance.

None of this matters, however, as Millennials will be forced to buy health insurance under Obamacare.

The study also found that more than 70 percent of young Americans believe having health insurance is “very important” and something that they need.

Surprisingly, adults 18-25 were more likely to say that having health insurance was important to them than those aged 26-30. Under Obamacare adults under the age of 26 are able to stay on their parent’s insurance plans regardless of their situation.

Nonetheless, these numbers show that Millennials are still not completely on-board with President Obama’s Patient Protection and Affordable Care law.

Nor are they the only ones worried about the law’s implementation in 2014. A CNN poll released last month found that 54 percent of Americans do not support the president’s healthcare law – the highest it’s been since November of 2011..."

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience Empty ObamaCare Patients Turned away from Hospital care...

Post  News Hawk Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Galvez said she enrolled in a Carefirst Blue Cross bronze plan at a cost of about $450 per month through healthcare.gov, three days before Christmas.

'No one has sent me a bill,' she said.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius testified in a December 11 congressional hearing that the federal government can't say how many new enrollees have written checks for their first month's premiums.

A similar situation frustrated Mary, an African-American woman small businesswoman who asked not to publish her last name. She was leaving the Inova Alexandria Hospital in Alexandria, Virginia with two family members.

'I had chest pains last night, and they took me in the emergency room,' Mary said. 'They told me they were going to admit me, but when I told them I hadn't heard from my insurance company since I signed up, they changed their tune.'

She told MailOnline that a nurse advised her that her bill would go up by at least $3,000 if she were admitted for a day, and her doctor told her the decision was up to her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532869/They-no-idea-insurance-active-not-At-Virginia-hospitals-Obamacare-confusion-reigns-frustrated-patients-walk-out.html#ixzz2pHvuTSVB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience Empty Obamacare site can’t handle it when you have a baby

Post  fshnski Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:54 pm

WASHINGTON — There’s another quirk in the Obama administration’s new health insurance system: It lacks a way for consumers to quickly and easily update their coverage for the birth of a baby and other common life changes.

With regular private insurance, parents just notify the health plan. Insurers will still cover new babies, the administration says, but parents will also have to contact the government at some point later on.

Right now the HealthCare.gov website can’t handle such updates.

It’s a reminder that the new coverage for many uninsured Americans comes with a third party in the mix: the feds. And the system’s wiring for some vital federal functions isn’t yet fully connected.

It’s not just having a new baby that could create bureaucratic hassles, but other life changes affecting a consumer’s taxpayer-subsidized premiums. The list includes marriage and divorce, a death in the family, a new job or a change in income, even moving to a different community.

Such changes affect financial assistance available under the law, so the government has to be brought into the loop.

Insurers say computerized “change in circumstance” updates to deal with family and life developments were supposed to have been part of the federal system from the start.
But that feature got postponed as the government scrambled to fix technical problems that overwhelmed thehealth care website during its first couple of months.

“It’s just another example of ‘We’ll fix that later,’” said Bob Laszewski, an industry consultant who said he’s gotten complaints from several insurer clients. “This needed to be done well before January. It’s sort of a fly-by-night approach.”

http://nypost.com/2014/01/03/adding-a-baby-to-obamacare-plan-not-easy/
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:15 pm

When we factor in the Medicaid expansion, signups through the federal and state exchanges and the under 26 year olds who now have health insurance through Obamacare, it all adds up to about 10 million people. I would like to see the Republicans take healthcare away from 10 million people!!

Not gonna happen!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:16 pm

News Buzzard wrote:When we factor in the Medicaid expansion, signups through the federal and state exchanges and the under 26 year olds who now have health insurance through Obamacare, it all adds up to about 10 million people.

Prove it.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:27 pm

News Buzzard wrote:When we factor in the Medicaid expansion, signups through the federal and state exchanges and the under 26 year olds who now have health insurance through Obamacare, it all adds up to about 10 million people. I would like to see the Republicans take healthcare away from 10 million people!!

Not gonna happen!!

That is the number I came up with also NB. Thanks for verifying it for me.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Of course, all the freebies.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:56 pm

They can't or won't reveal any "facts" that prove anything. Until they can, it's only as good as obama's word and you know what that's worth.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:59 pm

fshnski wrote:They can't or won't reveal any "facts" that prove anything. Until they can, it's only as good as obama's word and you know what that's worth.

I disagree.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:00 pm

Who gives a crap.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:02 pm

You mean the champion of liars president?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience Empty That's the liar.

Post  fshnski Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:05 pm

"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience Empty Obamacare patients socked with huge cash bills flee hospitals

Post  fshnski Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Staffers with at least one hospital in Northern Virginia turned away several patients this week due to confusion about Obamacare:

Were the patients covered by insurance or not?

Some patients walked away when they learned that the hospital would be charging them hundreds of dollars for treatment because they couldn’t prove their enrollment in the federal health care system.

“They had no idea if my insurance was active or not,” one woman, Maria Galvez, said to The Daily Mail, outside the Inova Healthplex facility in Springfield, Va. So instead of paying the $500 or more for her needed chest x-ray, she left – untreated, the paper reported.

“The people in there told me that since I didn’t have an insurance card, I would be billed for the whole cost of the x-ray,” she said. “It’s not fair. You know, I signed up last week like I was supposed to.”

Ms. Galvez said she had enrolled in Carefirst Blue Cross three days before Christmas, for $450 per month.

At the same time, she said, in The Daily Mail, “no one has sent me a bill.”

Ms. Galvez’s experience was shared by others.

A woman who asked to be published only by the name Mary said she couldn’t receive emergency services at the Inova Alexandria Hospital down the road, in Alexandria, Va., for the same reason.

“I had chest pains last night,” she said to The Daily Mail, on Thursday. “They took me in the emergency room. They told me they were going to admit me, but when I told them I hadn’t heard from my insurance company since I signed up, they changed their tune.”

She said that a nurse told her that her hospital bill would be at least $3,000 a day if she stayed, due to her inability to prove insurance coverage. Rather than stay and pay, she left.

“Should I be in the hospital? Probably,” she said, The Daily Mail reported. “Maybe it’s one of those borderline cases. I have to think that if I were really in danger, they wouldn’t give me the choice. But what if I think I’m covered and I’m really not? The emergency room bill is going to bad enough.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/3/obamacare-patients-socked-huge-cash-bills-flee-hos/#ixzz2pMkJv1Bt
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:37 pm

News Buzzard wrote:When we factor in the Medicaid expansion, signups through the federal and state exchanges and the under 26 year olds who now have health insurance through Obamacare, it all adds up to about 10 million people. I would like to see the Republicans take healthcare away from 10 million people!!

Not gonna happen!!

If you like your lies, you can keep your lies.

But who is going to pay (by your numbers lol!  ) for the 7.0 million newly enrolled Medicaid recipients?
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:38 pm

The Republicans will also have a problem trying to take health insurance away from people, including young children, with pre-existing conditions.

"We are sorry about your life threatening cancer, but we don't like Obama and we're going to take your health insurance away from you!! Sorry if you lose your house, but we're all millionaires so we don't really give a crap!! We're not kidding either because we've already voted to take your health insurance away 50 times!!"  Evil or Very Mad 
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:59 pm

News Buzzard wrote:The Republicans will also have a problem trying to take health insurance away from people, including young children, with pre-existing conditions.

Let's be clear...

It is not the Republicans that want take health insurance away from people and youngsters with pre-existing conditions… it’s just me. Very Happy 

Insurance REFORM (which the Republicans always wanted) could have fixed most of the problems such as preexisting conditions.  The government did not need socialize medicine to fix the problems.

Obamacare does NOT do a single thing to lower the COST of healthcare; it merely moves the costs and reduces quality.  
Go ahead and try to argue that.

And another thing….

If 9 million people have signed up for Medicaid, how is it going to create the trillion dollar projected surplus?
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:14 pm

So what's the Republican solution; buy Anthem insurance from Nebraska rather than New Hampshire? Is that going to be the cure all, buy insurance across state lines?  Rolling Eyes 

The Republicans haven't done a damn thing since they took over the House, and all they have to run on in the Fall is the bashing of Obamacare. The only thing the Democrats have to do is parade the really sick people in front of the cameras and convince the viewers that the Republicans are going to take their health insurance away.

Do you think it's a coincidence that Boehner is now talking immigration reform? He knows they're going to get their clocks cleaned in November if they don't do something!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:31 pm

News Buzzard wrote:So what's the Republican solution; buy Anthem insurance from Nebraska rather than New Hampshire? Is that going to be the cure all, buy insurance across state lines?  Rolling Eyes 

The Republicans haven't done a damn thing since they took over the House, and all they have to run on in the Fall is the bashing of Obamacare. The only thing the Democrats have to do is parade the really sick people in front of the cameras and convince the viewers that the Republicans are going to take their health insurance away.

Do you think it's a coincidence that Boehner is now talking immigration reform? He knows they're going to get their clocks cleaned in November if they don't do something!!

Excellent post NB. You just cleaned their clocks with that comment. Good job!
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next