Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wonder when this will happen in America?

Go down

I wonder when this will happen in America? Empty I wonder when this will happen in America?

Post  fshnski Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:00 pm

LONDON — A jury on Thursday convicted two British men who considered themselves “soldiers of Allah” of murdering a serviceman who was run down with a car and stabbed to death in a frenzied attack on a London street.

The jury of eight women and four men deliberated for just 90 minutes before finding Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale guilty of murdering Fusilier Lee Rigby.
They were acquitted of attempting to murder a police officer.The two men will be sentenced next year.

Neither defendant reacted as the jury foreman announced the verdicts. Adebolajo, at 29 the elder of the two, smiled and kissed a copy of the Quran as he was led down to the cells.

Members of Rigby’s family stood in tears outside London’s Central Criminal Court as a police officer read out a statement on their behalf.

The pair had been radicalized, in part through exposure to firebrand preachers like U.S.-born al-Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki, who was killed in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen in 2011. Sermons by al-Awlaki and other extremist material were found at Adebolajo’s father’s house.

The judge praised the dignity of Rigby’s family “throughout what must have been the most harrowing of evidence.” He thanked jurors, who sat through graphic footage of the murder, for their service.

The judge said he would sentence the defendants next year, after a January Court of Appeal ruling on the use of life sentences without parole.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/19/pair-guilty-in-brutal-murder-of-uk-soldier/
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down