Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G. W. Bush was a substance abuser for many years. That's probably why we lost the twin towers.

4 posters

Go down

G. W. Bush was a substance abuser for many years. That's probably why we lost the twin towers. Empty G. W. Bush was a substance abuser for many years. That's probably why we lost the twin towers.

Post  Achigan Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Alcohol

Nicholas D. Kristof quotes Bush's cousin Elsie Walker as saying, "He was a riot. But afterward, when you're older, that can wear thin", and gives the example of Bush asking a "proper" female friend of his parents at a family cocktail party, "So, what's sex like after 50, anyway?"

In December 1966 (age 20), he was arrested for disorderly conduct after he and some friends had "a few beers" and stole a Christmas wreath from a hotel. The charges were later dropped.

On September 4, 1976 (age 30), Bush was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol near his family's summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine. He admitted his guilt, was fined US$150, and had his driving license in the state suspended for two years, although the White House had claimed 30 days. This incident did not become public knowledge until it was reported by Erin Fehlau of Maine FOX affiliate WPXT-TV in the week before the 2000 election.

The most notorious episode, reported in numerous diverse sources including U.S. News & World Report on November 1, 1999, Secrecy & Privilege: Rise of the Bush Dynasty from Watergate to Iraq by Robert Parry, First Son: George W. Bush and the Bush Family Dynasty by Bill Minutaglio, and W: Revenge of the Bush Dynasty by Elizabeth Mitchell, has 26-year-old Bush visiting his parents in Washington, D.C. over the Christmas vacation in 1972, shortly after the death of his grandfather, and taking his 16-year-old brother Marvin out drinking. On the way home Bush lost control of the car and ran over a waste container, but continued home with the garbage can wedged noisily under the car. When his father, George H. W. Bush, called him on the carpet for not only his own behavior but for exposing his younger brother to risk, George W., still under the influence, appears to have retorted angrily, "I hear you're looking for me. You wanna go mano-a-mano right here?" Before the elder Bush could reply, the situation was defused by brother Jeb, who took the opportunity to surprise his father with the happy news that George W. had been accepted to Harvard Business School.

Bush refused to answer questions about past marijuana use. In a taped conversation with a friend, Bush said "I wouldn't answer the marijuana question. You know why? 'Cause I don't want some little kid doing what I tried."

Marijuana

Bush refused to answer questions about past marijuana use. In a taped conversation with a friend, Bush said "I wouldn't answer the marijuana question. You know why? 'Cause I don't want some little kid doing what I tried.

Cocaine

In Fortunate Son, Bush biographer Hatfield quoted several anonymous sources regarding allegations of Bush's cocaine use. Hatfield reported that Bush had been arrested for cocaine possession in 1972 and that his father pulled strings to have records of the arrest expunged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush_substance_abuse_controversy
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

G. W. Bush was a substance abuser for many years. That's probably why we lost the twin towers. Empty Re: G. W. Bush was a substance abuser for many years. That's probably why we lost the twin towers.

Post  Anti Federalist Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:28 pm

9/11 happened because W. was too weak to face a bullet from the powers that be, like Kennedy did in 1962, and put a stop to what was clearly going to happen on 9/11.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

G. W. Bush was a substance abuser for many years. That's probably why we lost the twin towers. Empty His brain was damaged because of his drinking. Hello 9/11

Post  Achigan Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:42 pm

George Bush = Drunk Rat?

Our Dear Leader (Bush), of course, is a recovered—supposedly—boozer who, despite years of sobriety, has difficulties changing course, dealing with ambiguity, and the fruits of his seriously maladaptive decision-making processes are everywhere to be seen.

G. W. Bush was a substance abuser for many years. That's probably why we lost the twin towers. Bushdrinking

http://slog.thestranger.com/2007/12/23-29
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

G. W. Bush was a substance abuser for many years. That's probably why we lost the twin towers. Empty Re: G. W. Bush was a substance abuser for many years. That's probably why we lost the twin towers.

Post  Achigan Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:57 pm

"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:27 pm

It's obvious his judgment was severely impaired, because he put so much faith in Cheney. We're still climbing out of the deep hole he put us in, and will be for years. Default position: Blame Obama!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Achigan wrote:"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.” ― George W. Bush
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:
Achigan wrote:"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.” ― George W. Bush

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." ― George W. Bush
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:28 pm

News Buzzard wrote:It's obvious his judgment was severely impaired, because he put so much faith in Cheney. We're still climbing out of the deep hole he put us in, and will be for years. Default position: Blame Obama!

An honest assessment of the policies and facts at hand would show that there really is no substantive change between Bush and Obama.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:08 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:It's obvious his judgment was severely impaired, because he put so much faith in Cheney. We're still climbing out of the deep hole he put us in, and will be for years. Default position: Blame Obama!

An honest assessment of the policies and facts at hand would show that there really is no substantive change between Bush and Obama.

President Obama will leave office with this country in a lot better condition then Bush left it. We are very lucky to have a President who cares for all the people and not just a select few. That's the BIG difference between Bush and Obama.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:25 pm

Achigan wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:

President Obama will leave office with this country in a lot better condition then Bush left it.  We are very lucky to have a President who cares for all the people and not just a select few.  That's the BIG difference between Bush and Obama.
Obama does not know you, personally.

How could he, or any politician for that matter, really care about anything in your life?

It's a ruse, it's soft spoken flummery of the worst sort, to look into a camera lens and say "I care about you".

Frankly, if it was true, I find the idea scary and more than a little nauseating.

I don't hire a chief executive to "care" about me.

Follow the law and the Bill of Rights and the constitution, remain sober and diligent, do your duty for four years and get out.

Politicians with grand plans and caring visions will be our undoing.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:40 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:
Achigan wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:

President Obama will leave office with this country in a lot better condition then Bush left it.  We are very lucky to have a President who cares for all the people and not just a select few.  That's the BIG difference between Bush and Obama.
Obama does not know you, personally.

How could he, or any politician for that matter, really care about anything in your life?

It's a ruse, it's soft spoken flummery of the worst sort, to look into a camera lens and say "I care about you".

Frankly, if it was true, I find the idea scary and more than a little nauseating.

I don't hire a chief executive to "care" about me.

Follow the law and the Bill of Rights and the constitution, remain sober and diligent, do your duty for four years and get out.

Politicians with grand plans and caring visions will be our undoing.

Obama does not know you, personally.  I never said he did.

How could he, or any politician for that matter, really care about anything in your life? Obama cares for all the people and not just me.

It's a ruse, it's soft spoken flummery of the worst sort, to look into a camera lens and say "I care about you". Obama never said that, he cares about all of us.

Frankly, if it was true, I find the idea scary and more than a little nauseating.  Sorry but you'll just have keep getting sick because Obama "DOES" care about all of us.

I don't hire a chief executive to "care" about me.  You aren't the only one in this country.  You did know that didn't you??

Follow the law and the Bill of Rights and the constitution, remain sober and diligent, do your duty for four years and get out. That's exactly what President Obama is doing.

Politicians with grand plans and caring visions will be our undoing.  We all have a right to our opinion I guess.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:13 pm

I'll just assume that what you say is true, and drop this off right here, again.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.

The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth.

This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

― C.S. Lewis
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:I'll just assume that what you say is true, and drop this off right here, again.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.

The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth.

This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

― C.S. Lewis

I don't understand what Mr. Lewis is trying to say.  It would be nice if he spoke the common mans language.

Maybe you could convert it into normal language for me.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:24 am

Obama doesn't give a damn about us.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:37 am

WHL wrote:Obama doesn't give a damn about us.  

And you don't give a damn about anyone but YOU. That's why you can't see what is going on, it's all about YOU.

President Obama is for ALL the people and not just a select few.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:53 am

That's not true. I give a damn about a lot of people. In fact I probably care more about people in this country that I don't even know than Obama.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down