Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electricity Price Index Soars to New Record at Start of 2014; U.S. Electricity Production Declining

5 posters

Go down

Electricity Price Index Soars to New Record at Start of 2014; U.S. Electricity Production Declining Empty Electricity Price Index Soars to New Record at Start of 2014; U.S. Electricity Production Declining

Post  Anti Federalist Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Ban production and increase demand and the price goes up.

Whudathunkit?

Electricity Price Index Soars to New Record at Start of 2014; U.S. Electricity Production Declining

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/electricity-price-index-soars-new-record-start-2014-us-electricity

(CNSNews.com) - The electricity price index soared to a new high in January 2014 with the largest month-to-month increase in almost four years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Meanwhile, data from the Energy Information Administration, a division of the U.S. Department of Energy, indicates that electricity production in the United States has declined since 2007, when it hit its all-time peak.

The U.S. is producing less electricity than it did seven years ago for a population that has added more than 14 million people.

“The electricity index rose 1.8 percent, its largest increase since March 2010,” said BLS in its summary of the Consumer Price Index released Thursday.

(rest at link)
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Electricity Price Index Soars to New Record at Start of 2014; U.S. Electricity Production Declining Empty Re: Electricity Price Index Soars to New Record at Start of 2014; U.S. Electricity Production Declining

Post  WHL Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:57 am

Obama is getting rid of the coal industry.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Electricity Price Index Soars to New Record at Start of 2014; U.S. Electricity Production Declining Empty Re: Electricity Price Index Soars to New Record at Start of 2014; U.S. Electricity Production Declining

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:38 am

WHL wrote:Obama is getting rid of the coal industry.  

Yup, told people he was going to do it.

The downward trend in U.S. electricity production continued into 2013. The EIA’s latest Monthly Energy Review, which includes data through October 2013, indicates that in the first ten months of 2013, the U.S. generated a total of 3,392,101 million KWH of electricity, down from the 3,407,155 million KWH produced in the first 10 months of 2012.

The Monthly Energy Review also indicates that a large part of the decline in U.S. electricity generation has come from a decrease in the electricity produced by coal—which has not been replaced by a commensurate increase in the electricity produced by natural gas or the “renewable” sources of wind and solar.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:43 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing You have this comical fixation against Obama. Obama did this, Obama did that, it's all Obama's fault!!

Obama won twice!!!!! That's all that counts!  Very Happy 

Massachusetts has an aging coal fired plant that is being closed around 2017. New Hampshire has 2 coal fired plants and 1 nuclear plant that should all be closed, sooner or later. That's what makes Northern Pass so critical.

If you lived near the rivers in Tennessee or West Virginia or witnessed the tops being taken off mountains in Appalachia you would think twice about coal, but you won't get down on coal until the quality of Lake Winnipesaukee is destroyed by acid rain, like the lakes in the Adirondacks have been.

Get real!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:51 am

There is always this toxic ash spill in North Carolina, but it's OK because the governor used to work for Duke Energy for 28 years:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/02/20/report-network-news-ignoring-toxic-coal-ash-spi/198149

Nothing like clean coal fired energy!!    No No
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:19 am

So outsourcing even more, and shuffling off the environmental consequences of energy generation, and stealing people's land through eminent domain to benefit a private company, for electricity that won't even be used in NH, is the answer?

And as all these plants close, through EPA fiat, production will decrease even more.

Which means prices will go up more. (In ten years, my electric bill has doubled, while usage remained flat.)

But I can afford it.

Many low income and struggling families cannot.

News Buzzard wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing You have this comical fixation against Obama. Obama did this, Obama did that, it's all Obama's fault!!

Obama won twice!!!!! That's all that counts!  Very Happy 

Massachusetts has an aging coal fired plant that is being closed around 2017. New Hampshire has 2 coal fired plants and 1 nuclear plant that should all be closed, sooner or later. That's what makes Northern Pass so critical.

If you lived near the rivers in Tennessee or West Virginia or witnessed the tops being taken off mountains in Appalachia you would think twice about coal, but you won't get down on coal until the quality of Lake Winnipesaukee is destroyed by acid rain, like the lakes in the Adirondacks have been.

Get real!
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:40 am

News Buzzard wrote:Obama won twice!!!!! That's all that counts! Very Happy

Yes, yes he did.

And now, we are seeing the results of policies that he has been able to implement.

He said he was going to do this, he hasn't been able to manage it through cap and trade, just did it by EPA fiat.

So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:55 am

We don't know how much of the power from the Northern Pass would wind up serving New Hampshire because we are part of the regional New England power grid, but I take it that you're willing to throw the environment under the bus in favor of coal burning and lower prices. PSNH claims that we are now too reliant on natural gas that may not be as plentiful for future generations.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  MtTopPatriot Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:29 am

"Ban production and increase demand and the price goes up.

Whudathunkit?"

Oh ya, who would? Imagine that!
We are being fed a river of BS and inundated by a tsunami of lies.

Seriously,
It is the Amerikan Nomenklaturer imposing it's agenda of controlling every facet of the sphere of our lives and Liberty.
I reckon there is a most obvious pattern here.
You do not have any actors within Our government, in particular Our "elected representatives" who advance the cause of Liberty. Indeed, it is always the opposite.
And it is always control over us and our lives that wins out in every contest of rule of law verses rule of men.
Control of the basic necessities of our lives and elements of the fabric of our society.
This is essential tyranny 101.
What onslaught are faced with today by a leviathan that eats out our existence?
All I see is rule over us through diktat:
Control our water
Control our food
Control our energy
Control our health
Control our transportation
Control our speech
Control our right to self defense
Control our economy
Control our land

This lie made from whole cloth about "evil" coal is just that. I just spent 7 years working in the coal fields of WV. I can tell you all first hand everything you hear, all of it about coal is a system of lies, huge lies, for the purpose of eliminating coal as the incredibly abundant cheap energy source it is.
And the useful dupes who mouth off talking points and worthless platitudes about ash and acid rain and all the globull warming garbage are worse enemies of Liberty than a thousand obama's because these fools give the tyrants a fig leaf of legitimacy by substituting "feelings" for truth.
And you know what they say about truth in a time of universal deceit?

Truth is a revolutionary idea.

What after water and food is the single most important element in our lives?
It's energy my friends.
Hey you think I'm full of it?
Well answer the question of why would the chocolate emperors minions in the EPA outlaw wood stoves?
Maybe for the same reasons the same tyrants want to outlaw arms in the hands of the people?
Or control our healthcare?

Take energy.
Create a crisis.
Make people afraid.
Control them using this fear.
Go after the ones who are not afraid and see through the lies and dissimulation's.

Crisis as a means is the lynchpin upon which the regime called the obama administration functions.
There certainly are no lack of willing dupes and sycophants who will do the ruling class elites bidding.
Add in the dynamics of an ascendent Praetorian Class with itchy trigger fingers....

I believe we did not belong to King George III of Great Britain.
I do not, my life does not, belong to my government.
It is the other way around.

Can't speak for others, but one thing is serious as a heart attack for me, as an American, I am not a subject of Mandarin's, Congresses, Presidents, Governors, Mayors, Kings, Queens, Police, Building Inspectors, DMV Clerks...the who lot of them.

We got ourselves a system of government run by tyrants who think they are Gods.
When these same tyrants and crooks are above the "laws and regulations" they foist on me?
Them are fighting causes let me tell you.
I'd have to be brain dead living on the dark side of the moon not to see it for what it is.
It is Tyranny.

While the truth is being spoken here, I ain't the only fed up pissed off serf in this land who is sick and tired of having to pay for the privilege of being screwed over royally by these high and mighty SOB's and their useful lazy arse dupes, and then have it shoved up my butt under threat that I'm classified as a terrorist if I don't keep my mouth shut by the same people who are supposed to be protecting my Liberty to begin with.

Tell me what is wrong with this picture?

What part of sovereignty of the people, shall not be infringed, and unalienable God given rights can these people not understand?

There is not voting our way out of this.
And that is as it should be.
As a Freeman, you know, Live Free or Die, I am manifest in my Liberty.
And that is as it should be.

MtTopPatriot

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:33 am

Of course, I don't consider it "throwing under the bus".

Unless you are living in a self contained hand made yurt, using horses for power and beef tallow for candles, you want the lights to come on when you flip the switch.

Well, there are trade offs for that, the energy has to come from somewhere, just like the "stuff" needs to made somewhere.

All we've done for the last thirty years is sweep everything under the rug, shuffle manufacturing and energy production to the third world, so that now Bejing is so polluted you can't see the sky anymore.

We could have abundant natural gas in New England, for instance...if we drilled offshore in the Gulf of Maine.

But of course, nobody wants that, and nobody wants windfarms off Nantucket, and nobody wants nukes, and nobody wants hydro power (messes with the fish) and nobody wants coal...and here we are.

What I am in favor of is using market driven solutions to utilize resources in the most efficient manner possible.

If that means coal wins out for point source generation of electrical power, so be it.

The technology exists to mine and burn coal cleanly. I own a 2013 VW diesel for instance. That thing burns so clean, I can, literally, stick my nose by the exhaust and not smell any trace of diesel smoke.

That's what "regulations" are supposed to be for, to mandate spending on new technologies that may not necessarily produce an increase on the bottom line, but will produce another benefit, like less pollution.

Not to used as an ideological club to bankrupt businesses you don't care for.

Of course, in my ideal world, they wouldn't be required at all, being replaced by nothing but market forces and protection of private property, but that's another discussion.

News Buzzard wrote:We don't know how much of the power from the Northern Pass would wind up serving New Hampshire because we are part of the regional New England power grid, but I take it that you're willing to throw the environment under the bus in favor of coal burning and lower prices. PSNH claims that we are now too reliant on natural gas that may not be as plentiful for future generations.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  MtTopPatriot Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:51 pm

News Buzzard wrote:We don't know how much of the power from the Northern Pass would wind up serving New Hampshire because we are part of the regional New England power grid, but I take it that you're willing to throw the environment under the bus in favor of coal burning and lower prices. PSNH claims that we are now too reliant on natural gas that may not be as plentiful for future generations.

Mmmm...Funny how that works.

Gas that is.
The US natural gas market is controlled through the Chicago exchange.
Obama and his red diaper baby pals have controlling interest in the natural gas market.

Coal is a nebulous energy source that anyone can dig out of the Earth, transport via a myriad of transport methods, is safe and inert to haul in trucks, barges, by rail or ship. It requires no special material handling precautions. In other words it is difficult to justify methods of government and special interest control in a free coal market.
So if you want to get rid of coal you socially engineer, gull, millions of Americans into believing coal is this evil substance that destroys the earth. Once you get rid of coal, you have gas that you control and can hold every American who needs electricity and heat to warm their homes economic hostages who you can bleed dry of their last buck.

Get rid of coal, and gas becomes king. Sure it's sold as "cheap" and "clean". But it isn't either of those things. It has to be drilled for, pumped to processing stations, cleaned, pumped into larger lines, then transported through large pipelines, and guess who controls those? And being that control assures no competition, those who control gas pipelines controls the price.
Coal employs millions with good productive high paying jobs. It generates jobs for 12 other American's for every coal miner employed. Permanent jobs.
Gas?
Drill a well, cap it, plump to a pipeline, wells and lines once built require few employees to maintain.
Wells pump for years, pipelines last decades.
Gas produces BTU same carbon emissions as coal. Clean coal plants produce same pollutants as gas. Coal has hundreds of key byproducts, it is used to produce plastics, chemicals, steel, medicines, fertilizer. And the new coal to liquids plants produce high grade super clean burning gasoline for $1.75 per gallon with hundreds of other important by products essential to our modern society.

But gas ?
Guess who controls the main gas transmission lines. Like the north east main trunk line? Same interests who control the Chicago exchange.

The coal verses natural gas narrative is a huge system of lies designed to pull the wool over our eyes and blind us from the truth we are being conned out of our wealth and our rightful access to abundance of this land and prosperity.

MtTopPatriot

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:19 pm

MtTopPatriot wrote:"...This lie made from whole cloth about "evil" coal is just that. I just spent 7 years working in the coal fields of WV. I can tell you all first hand everything you hear, all of it about coal is a system of lies, huge lies, for the purpose of eliminating coal as the incredibly abundant cheap energy source it is.

And the useful dupes who mouth off talking points and worthless platitudes about ash and acid rain and all the globull warming garbage are worse enemies of Liberty than a thousand obama's because these fools give the tyrants a fig leaf of legitimacy by substituting "feelings" for truth.

Truth is a revolutionary idea..."

The useful dupes?

Lenin had a word for them.

Were you thinking about someone here?

What a Face 

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  MtTopPatriot Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:29 pm

News Hawk wrote:
MtTopPatriot wrote:"...This lie made from whole cloth about "evil" coal is just that. I just spent 7 years working in the coal fields of WV. I can tell you all first hand everything you hear, all of it about coal is a system of lies, huge lies, for the purpose of eliminating coal as the incredibly abundant cheap energy source it is.

Truth is a revolutionary idea..."

The useful dupes?

Lenin had a word for them.

Were you thinking about someone here?

What a Face 

Isn't the historical term also useful idiots?
I've heard obama's sycophants called his free s**t army also.
He did promise to fundamentally transform Amerika.
You need a lot of idiots to help you transform the best thing to happen to freedom in 5000 years of human history into a banana republic.

MtTopPatriot

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Yes, Obama campaigned on the fact that he was going to put the coal industry out of business.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:15 pm

MtTopPatriot wrote:Amerika.

No better way to describe it.

Welcome aboard Mountain Top.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:56 am

Yes, welcome MtTop.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down