Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That Devastating Fire at Barber Pole Road?

2 posters

Go down

That Devastating Fire at Barber Pole Road? Empty That Devastating Fire at Barber Pole Road?

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:34 am

This is new construction, that just turned up on the Web. Shocked

That Devastating Fire at Barber Pole Road? Attachment

I was shocked to see this was the very same location as I'd discussed the noisy boats topic with the owner—a Senior Citizen (or an adult Citizen—if they're reading this). Wink

I had only drifted over to photograph their boat. It's typical of older fiberglass boats that are painted red to fade or discolor to an extreme. We'd had a discussion about Barber Pole efforts to limit noisy boats—and the out-of-control effects such boats have brought to the lake.
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

That Devastating Fire at Barber Pole Road? Empty Re: That Devastating Fire at Barber Pole Road?

Post  WHL Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 am

Carl Hansen is building it and it will almost exactly like it did before. She died in the fire. He is I think in his 80s but is determined to rebuild. Good for him!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

That Devastating Fire at Barber Pole Road? Empty Re: That Devastating Fire at Barber Pole Road?

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:53 am

Sad

I'm very sorry to learn that: it was she with whom I was conversing.

Is this the same family from just above Melvin Village's Pine Cone Restaurant?

A pilot who dedicated a granite monument to Merwin Horn—that's still standing at "Wolfeboro's Little Airport"?
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:54 pm

I don't know. I believe either he or her father or both maybe were professors.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down