Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a Anti- Federalist?

3 posters

Go down

What is a Anti- Federalist? Empty What is a Anti- Federalist?

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:29 am

I didn't know what "anti-federalist" was so for the last hour or so I tried to learn a bit about their philosophies. I found this blog and I have to say I appreciated the authors comments.

http://www.anti-federalism.com/2013/03/gun-control-again.html

From the blog ...

I really don't care much about "gun control." I think such legislation is "feel good legislation," which also has the consequence of disguising from ourselves that we are a violent people, i.e., a people who buy into violence readily [and are encouraged in this "way" by those with the power]. Of course, Whittle's remarks have the same result: to disguise who we are by talking about guns as a "policy wonk" does. And because these policies are not addressed to the underlying issues, they are bound to fail, which is perfectly consistent with the wishes of our political class [by which I mean the establishment democrats and republicans, both our alleged "liberals" and "conservatives"] who don't mind and, in fact, are served by "failure." [Failure makes us, ordinary people, devalue or dismiss politics and, hence, the possibility of real political change. What we have is "the best we can do."]
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

What is a Anti- Federalist? Empty Re: What is a Anti- Federalist?

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:08 pm

The Anti Federalists were the men opposed to the ratification of the Constitution.

They argued, in a series of papers, that the proposed Constitution was fatally flawed, in that it allowed, through various loopholes and machinations, the development of an all powerful central government, headed by a powerful elected King.

Their resistance was the only reason the Bill of Rights was crafted, that they grudgingly accepted as a stopgap, best effort compromise, since it became clear that they would not be able to halt ratification.

Everything the Anti Federalists predicted would happen with the central, federal government has come true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Federalism

What is a Anti- Federalist? Lysander-Spooner-Quotes-1
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:39 pm

I hadn't seen this explanation before, but it works hand-in-glove with the implosion of the Marxist-crafted CRA, and the inevitable collapse of economies and monetary responsibility worldwide.

I've never seen such as President Erkel's attacks on the Bill of Rights "band-aid", either.

No
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down