Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric cars get ready to climb Mount Washington

5 posters

Go down

Electric cars get ready to climb Mount Washington  Empty Electric cars get ready to climb Mount Washington

Post  fshnski Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:37 am

Inventors, manufactures and owners of electric cars and other alternative energy products are taking part in the Mount Washington Auto Road Alternative Energy Summit on Saturday and Sunday.

Howie Wemyss, general manager of the Auto Road, said he's on his second electric car, a 2013 Smart car to replace his 2008 version. He recently installed a charging station at the Auto Road and said he's excited about the variety of presenters who are coming.

The Top Notch Inn in Gorham has also added a charging station, and there are new ones being installed almost every other week, he said.

When the charging station was installed this summer, a stream of Tesla Model S vehicles pulled in for a charge. Fifteen more Teslas from the New England chapter of the Tesla Car Club arrived for a drive to the summit.

That was a reconnaissance of sorts for this weekend's extravaganza.

"The whole point is to show the public the technology and the future of what is going to be out there," Wemyss said.

Daniel Einspanjer, a Tesla Model S owner and organizer of the group's earlier gathering, said everyone was looking forward to driving up the mountain.

"The trip up and down the mountain was as breathtaking as always, and everyone enjoyed it," he said. "As expected, the trip down was excellent. The cars could not have been built better for descending a mountain. Stable, low to the ground and aerodynamic, the cars handle wonderfully on the road. They are also silent."

Einspanjer said the unique mechanics behind electric vehicles allow them to handle the descent easily.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/escape-outside/electric-cars-get-ready-to-climb-mount-washington/-/18282296/21924328/-/uk3gahz/-/index.html#ixzz2esUtv8Ta
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Electric cars get ready to climb Mount Washington  Empty Re: Electric cars get ready to climb Mount Washington

Post  WHL Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:53 am

Yes, and didn't we have to put a charging station in for that event?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Electric cars get ready to climb Mount Washington  Empty Re: Electric cars get ready to climb Mount Washington

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:20 pm

WHL wrote:Yes, and didn't we have to put a charging station in for that event?
Who is "we?"
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:47 pm

fshnski wrote:"...Howie Wemyss, general manager of the Auto Road, said he's on his second electric car, a 2013 Smart car to replace his 2008 version..."
A Smart Car is electric?

Shocked 
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:20 am

We the taxpayers. Who else pays for all these things?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:23 am

Matzoh Heppelwhite. wrote:
WHL wrote:Yes, and didn't we have to put a charging station in for that event?
Who is "we?"
I think we is us. The rock pile is a state park. The MW commission thought it was a good idea to attract more visitors. There was probably help from the feds too.

Hi Matzoh, good to hear from you.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:49 am

Of course fsh, you must have noticed that Matzoh only dropped in to be picky as usual. He didn't like my use of the word us. One must always over explain themselves to Matzoh. Never use we or us or him or her or them or they-that is a mortal sin!! It has been kind of nice not having him around to pick apart every thing I write. It has been like a vacation, since I didn't have to weigh my every word and check every single typo. Not that I don't like him around, I don't like his "pickyness". (Do you like that word, Matzoh?)
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:56 am

That doesn't bother me. He has made me a "gooder" poster.

fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:13 pm

But it's to have fun and exchange ideas, not pick each other apart. I don't like that. I see plenty of mistakes on other forums but most people just let it go. Who cares, as long as you get the idea.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:27 pm

WHL wrote:"...Not that I don't like him around, I don't like his "pickyness"..."

I think you meant, "pickiness".

Very Happy 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:47 pm

WHL wrote:But it's to have fun and exchange ideas, not pick each other apart.  I don't like that.  I see plenty of mistakes on other forums but most people just let it go.  Who cares, as long as you get the idea.
What idea?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:09 pm

When it was Brewster "Free" Academy, you got the education you paid for, but who cares as long as people can decipher what you meant when you wrote it.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Emails and forums are different than formal writing. (unless it is a business email)
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Not to mention texting.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:02 pm

Exactly!!!! I am willing to bet Matzoh doesn't ever text. If he had to read them he would have a heart attack.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:09 pm

My heart has passed a number of stringent stress tests, all with flying colors, FYI.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:30 pm

That's good to hear.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:44 pm

Thank goodness, because if not, I would really be fearful for you if you ever read text.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:02 pm

I'm kinda concerned that you might get your nose stuck somewhere that it doesn't belong.Razz 
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Did you forget the ' for kinda'?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Matzoh Heppelwhite. wrote:When it was Brewster "Free" Academy, you got the education you paid for, but who cares as long as people can decipher what you meant when you wrote it.
Everyone's had all day to understand what I wrote;  likely, they understand that the same rules that apply to "likelyhood" will apply to "likelihood".

Pickyness is incorrect, whilst Pickiness would be correct—however one should slice it!

pirat .
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Casy Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:18 pm

I guess you can charge the batteries in the Smart Car by using any household 120 volt outlet or you can put in a 240 volt charging system that will charge it faster.
You get close to 70 miles on a charge.
The price ranges from @$12,000 to @$17,000.

I think they are neat looking.

Casy

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:14 pm

They look like pumpkin patch kids! Razz 
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Personally I HATE them.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down