Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama’s attempt to take over the media

4 posters

Go down

Obama’s attempt to take over the media Empty Obama’s attempt to take over the media

Post  Outerlimits Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:31 am

Obama Administration’s Federal Communication Commission (FCC) poised to place government monitors in newsrooms across country,” eight categories of information” it believes newscasters should cover.

FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai recently lifted the lid on a shocking White House proposal entitled ‘Multi-Market Study of Critical Information Needs’ that would dispatch researchers from the federal agency “to grill reporters, editors and station owners about how they decide which stories to run.”

According to Pai, the program is about “pressuring media organizations into covering certain stories.”fact, the FCC is now expanding the bounds of regulatory powers to include newspapers, which it has absolutely no authority over, in its new government monitoring program.

http://aclj.org/free-speech-2/why-is-obama-administration-putting-government-monitors-in-newsrooms

The over reach and blatant power grab for complete control over everyone seems to know no boundaries.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Obama’s attempt to take over the media Empty Re: Obama’s attempt to take over the media

Post  WHL Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:44 am

The way he controls the press it kind of reminds you of another type of government, doesn't it?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Obama’s attempt to take over the media Empty Re: Obama’s attempt to take over the media

Post  Outerlimits Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:31 am

WHL wrote:The way he controls the press it kind of reminds you of another type of government, doesn't it?

China, Iran, North Korea, Russia, and Syria.

My first thought was this had to be a joke. Unfortunately it is not. We should not be surprised any more by anything that comes out of the Whitehouse, but yet again here we are.

Obama wants the FCC to establish "Critical Information News" guidelines & criteria. Translation: "news he wants to promote or repress".

I am sure there are those on the left that will be more than happy to endorse Obama’s latest idea. Right now they are waiting for the liberal talking points so they can put a nice shine on Obama’s latest steaming pile.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:16 pm

But first we have to figure out what you're telling us, outside of a biased vacuum. I don't believe anything right wingers say anymore, so I'm always skeptical. It's very possible that the Obama Administration is looking to revive the Fairness Doctrine of 1949. FOX News has given us reason to need that once again.

The primary purpose of right wingers is to destroy Obama, and then Hillary! That's a pity because there are millions of people out there who need help. They won't get it from the Republicans!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Outer, I guess NB is waiting for the talking points.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:03 pm

WHL wrote:Outer, I guess NB is waiting for the talking points.

We have an FCC Commissioner (Republican) telling us that the Obama Administration is poised to put monitors in newsrooms across the country. Do you have any corroboration that this is going to be done, WHL? Are there any other reports to verify this? Is this really going to happen or is this guy shooting his mouth off?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Pfft...government already owns the propaganda organs.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:43 pm

FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai was appointed by none other than Barack Obama.

You are claiming he is a liar…based on what?

The government now increasingly tries to limit both the first and the second amendments of the constitution, stands in the middle between you and your doctor so it has greater control of your body, increasingly feeds and clothes and houses and raises you and your family through entitlements, educates your children, and knows who you talk to on the phone, who you talk to in your emails, and what sites you like to visit on your little lap top PC.

Don’t you see the danger in the direction this country is heading?

Government intrusion into news rooms is offensive whether done by Democrats or Republicans.

I immensely dislike MSNBC's coverage of the news and politics, but they have their right to do what they see fit.

Where are Obama's priorities? Will this effort create jobs? Reduce poverty? Improve health? No. It is an obsessive desire to control what is said about his administration.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Outerlimits wrote:FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai was appointed by none other than Barack Obama.

To a Republican position on the FCC, and I would like you to show me where I said he is a liar!

All I'm saying is that your story has a little stink to it!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:15 am

It has a great BIG stink to it.

This is a direct attack on the First Amendment. Obama and the Federal Government have no authority to be "monitoring" the New Rooms in this way.

It probably will not see the light of day. Republican lawmakers are already on top of this. It does sound an awful lot like the old so-called "Fairness Doctrine" policies resurfacing.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:37 am

News Buzzard wrote: It's very possible that the Obama Administration is looking to revive the Fairness Doctrine of 1949. FOX News has given us reason to need that once again.

Free speech...another civil liberty progs no longer care about...
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:46 am

Anti Federalist wrote:
News Buzzard wrote: It's very possible that the Obama Administration is looking to revive the Fairness Doctrine of 1949. FOX News has given us reason to need that once again.

I see the Fairness Doctrine encouraging free speech and giving a fair amount of time to both sides of an argument. That seems to be a tradition we have gotten away from since it was tossed.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:25 am

News Buzzard wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:

I see the Fairness Doctrine encouraging free speech and giving a fair amount of time to both sides of an argument. That seems to be a tradition we have gotten away from since it was tossed.

How so?

For every Fox News there is an MSNBC.

For every Drudge Report there is a Daily Kos.

For every Rush Limbaugh there is an Ed Shultz.

And online, every political opinion from Communism to Anarcho/Capitalism is available.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:38 am

Good point, but I think the fair airing of both sides would produce more truth than wildly speculative talking points and downright lies!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down