Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly What Did The IRS Want To Know

+2
WHL
fshnski
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Exactly What Did The IRS Want To Know - Page 2 Empty Re: Exactly What Did The IRS Want To Know

Post  News Buzzard Tue May 14, 2013 10:16 am

Let me see if I have this straight: It's OK to call someone a racist because it's been done before. It's OK to express outrageous views about our president without any factual basis, and it's OK for your moderator to make a "joke" about prominent Democrats being the children of aliens and sheep. I stand by my opinion that this forum does not truly represent the people of Wolfeboro, and I intend to hang around, hopefully with others, to fact-check some of the outrageous statements your members make. Thanks for your response, but it is lacking the professionalism of a good administrator!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Exactly What Did The IRS Want To Know - Page 2 Empty Re: Exactly What Did The IRS Want To Know

Post  Admin Tue May 14, 2013 10:33 am

Glad to hear you have decided to stay.

I never said I agreed or disagreed with fshnski statement. I merely said he has the right to his opinion (as do you). I am not the referee and I am not the official fact checker. If you want to provide balance, you are encourage to participate.

Admin
Admin

https://wolfgil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Tue May 14, 2013 10:37 am

News Buzzard wrote:This forum is not an accurate reflection of the fine citizens who live here, News Pigeon, but rather just an intolerant few. The majority of folks in Wolfeboro dedicate their time for worthy causes such as the Lions Club, The Rotary, Meals on Wheels, Dinner Bell, Wolfeboro Meals, The Kingswood Youth Center, The Friends Of Abenaki, The Friends Of Town Hall, The Friends Of The Library, Huggins Hospital, Government Service and many, many more wonderful causes.

This forum is dominated by a very bitter minority of folks, and does not deserve to have the name Wolfeboro attached to it.

I'm happy to hear that News Buzzard, as I travel extensively and have pretty much decided against visiting the Wolfeboro area due to the rancor/ignorance of most people I've interacted with on the NH forums. You, Matzoh, OO and a few others, including our late friend "Lugnut" are very nice, genuine people who I'd love to meet some day, as for the others, not so much!
I can understand why you take such great offense at the name of Wolfeboro being used by such unfriendly, hateful, spiteful people..it's not an very attractive representation.

To the admin: perhaps your forum would be better served if you had real moderation, real discussion and much less hyperbole by a few bitter losers/haters/conspiracy fanatics.
I've challenged fshnski to defend several of his claims, only to be insulted w/ childish ad hominems...is this debate? I think not.
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue May 14, 2013 12:21 pm

You tried to race bait me! You have no problems throwing the race card around if you think it will further you agenda. People are finally catching on to the phonies on the left.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue May 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Thank you admin. for coming in and responding. I was hoping you would.

Fsh, just ignore them. They are just as left as we are right and I am ashamed to say that there are many of THEM in Wolfeboro. It is not the Wolfeboro of old, the old citizens of Wolfeboro would roll over in their graves to see what they are doing to our town and to read the junk these few vicious people are posting. So I will just keep on posting as we have and ignore their posts. Why they would choose to come to this forum to just stir things up is beyond me. It is not because the name Wolfeboro is attached to this forum. Who does he think he is to come in here and demand that we change our name. Do you think he does that all over the computer land?

So, bottom line, don't let them rile you up, they will get sick of talking to themselves and go back to their other sick forum.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Exactly What Did The IRS Want To Know - Page 2 Empty Uneven I.R.S. Scrutiny Seen in Political Spending by Big Tax-Exempt Groups

Post  fshnski Tue May 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Over the last two years, government watchdog groups filed more than a dozen complaints with the Internal Revenue Service seeking inquiries into whether large nonprofit organizations like those founded by the Republican political operative Karl Rove and former Obama administration aides had violated their tax-exempt status by spending tens of millions of dollars on political advertising.

The I.R.S. never responded.

During the same period, the agency singled out dozens of Tea Party-inspired groups that had applied for I.R.S. recognition, officials acknowledged on Friday, subjecting them to rounds of detailed questioning about their political activities. None of those groups were big spenders on political advertising; most were local Tea Party organizations with shoestring budgets.

For the I.R.S.’s bipartisan legion of critics, the agency’s record has underscored its contradictory and seemingly confused response to the fastest-growing corner in the world of unlimited political spending: tax-exempt groups that have paid for at least half a billion dollars in campaign ads during the last two election cycles.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/us/politics/irs-ignored-complaints-on-political-spending-by-big-tax-exempt-groups-watchdog-groups-say.html?hp&_r=0
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Exactly What Did The IRS Want To Know - Page 2 Empty With new revelations, outrage spreads about IRS targeting

Post  fshnski Tue May 14, 2013 12:47 pm

WASHINGTON — Top career officials in the Internal Revenue Service withheld information from Congress for months about the tax agency's targeting of conservative organizations for extra scrutiny, according to documents released Monday as a controversy involving alleged political bias in tax enforcement gathered strength.

Members of Congress called for firing the agency's acting commissioner, one of the senior officials involved, and President Obama said he would "not tolerate" any such abuse of power by the IRS.

"If you've got the IRS operating in anything less than a neutral and nonpartisan way, then that is outrageous; it's contrary to our traditions. And people have to be held accountable, and it's got to be fixed," Obama said at a White House news conference, noting that the IRS' practices are under investigation. "We'll wait and see what exactly all the details and the facts are. But I've got no patience with it. I will not tolerate it. And we will make sure that we find out exactly what happened on this."

Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) announced a hearing Friday. "News that the agency admits it targeted American taxpayers based on politics is both astounding and appalling," he said. "It is almost inconceivable to imagine that top officials at the IRS knew conservative groups were being targeted but chose to willfully mislead the committee's investigation into this practice."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-irs-conservatives-20130514,0,4505982.story
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue May 14, 2013 12:51 pm

But none of it surprises me, does it you?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue May 14, 2013 3:13 pm

What surprises me is the people that care more about their agenda than they do our country.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue May 14, 2013 3:22 pm

WHL wrote:Thank you admin. for coming in and responding. I was hoping you would.

Fsh, just ignore them. They are just as left as we are right and I am ashamed to say that there are many of THEM in Wolfeboro. It is not the Wolfeboro of old, the old citizens of Wolfeboro would roll over in their graves to see what they are doing to our town and to read the junk these few vicious people are posting. So I will just keep on posting as we have and ignore their posts. Why they would choose to come to this forum to just stir things up is beyond me. It is not because the name Wolfeboro is attached to this forum. Who does he think he is to come in here and demand that we change our name. Do you think he does that all over the computer land?

So, bottom line, don't let them rile you up, they will get sick of talking to themselves and go back to their other sick forum.

Not going anywhere! This forum should represent all of the citizens of Wolfeboro, not just right wingers!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 pm

How about extreme left wingers from another state?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Tue May 14, 2013 4:32 pm

fshnski wrote:How about extreme left wingers from another state?

Oh, now who's opposed to others opinions? What a hypocrite you are...not surprising given that you've never been able to defend your claims, not once. You just through out talking points that you heard somewhere and hope like hell nobody questions they're validity.
BTW News Hawk claims to be a resident of Florida, would that he considered an extremist from another state?

Last edited by News Pigeon on Tue May 14, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue May 14, 2013 4:33 pm

THAT'S ok, fsh, because that is a left winger. And nobody has requested that the name of Wolfeboro be dropped from that forum name, have they?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Tue May 14, 2013 4:36 pm

WHL wrote:

THAT'S ok, fsh, because that is a left winger.

And the problem is?????? Oh...that's it, only right-wingers need apply here! You could always just sit in your closet and talk to your echoes if you can't defend your positions...
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue May 14, 2013 5:04 pm

That's my problem with this forum, News Pigeon! The invitation is for right wingers only, and if you're not they make every effort to harass you off. That is not truly representative of Wolfeboro and what it's citizens stand for. The moderator here, despite having the mandate of neutrality, longs for days gone by when Wolfeboro was more conservative, and the citizens who have passed would be rolling over in their graves if they saw what we are doing to this town! Does that sound like a neutral position to you? The moderator stated; ".....they will get sick of talking to themselves and go back to their other sick forum." Nice talk from the woman who is is listed as the admin, but really says she is the moderator. Let me tell you something, this town is in great shape, our roads and infrastructure have been improved significantly and we have a brand new secondary school complex, thanks to our wonderful voters who are overwhelmingly progressive. Wolfeboro is really a nice place to visit, despite what you read here!

You are welcome anytime, News Pigeon!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue May 14, 2013 5:05 pm

News Pigeon wrote:
WHL wrote:

THAT'S ok, fsh, because that is a left winger.

And the problem is?????? Oh...that's it, only right-wingers need apply here! You could always just sit in your closet and talk to your echoes if you can't defend your positions...

It's funny you should say that. I have my computer in my closet! It's easier now because I put away all my winters cloths in storage. Any of you's guys use moth balls?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Tue May 14, 2013 5:14 pm

News Buzzard wrote:That's my problem with this forum, News Pigeon! The invitation is for right wingers only, and if you're not they make every effort to harass you off.

You are welcome anytime, News Pigeon!

Yep, it's been true of every other forum that these few people inhabit...it's really quite a shame that they would be so narrow minded, it's like something you would expect out of Mississippians not New Hampshire. We learn & grow through dialog with ones who have opposing views, I guess that scares the hell out of some people....

Thanks for being such a good ambassador for your area and I'm sure there are other nice people like yourself...
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue May 14, 2013 5:26 pm

"it's like something you would expect out of Mississippians"

NP

What a RACIST!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 pm

I can't believe you. I'm flabbergasted! I wonder how the C of C would like to hear that?!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue May 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Just like I said. A left winger hypocrite.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue May 14, 2013 6:28 pm

OMG, fsh, you have me laughing with tears in my eyes! You are so funny! Starting with the moth balls post, I am laughing so hard, I can't see!! Keep it up!! You are funny!!!!! lol! lol! lol! lol!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Tue May 14, 2013 6:31 pm

fshnski wrote:I can't believe you. I'm flabbergasted! I wonder how the C of C would like to hear that?!

Hear what? You do realize that white people live in Miss too (oops, your racism is showing)...I think you're probably looking for the word bigoted, of which I will cop to, I am profanely bigoted towards people who embrace ignorance...that's what I was referring to as characteristic of swampwater Mississippians, think "Deliverance"...but you automatically default to your racism and think "Mississippian" = "black people" Laughing
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue May 14, 2013 6:52 pm

What a selective racist!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 pm

News Pigeon wrote:
fshnski wrote:I can't believe you. I'm flabbergasted! I wonder how the C of C would like to hear that?!

Hear what? You do realize that white people live in Miss too (oops, your racism is showing)...I think you're probably looking for the word bigoted, of which I will cop to, I am profanely bigoted towards people who embrace ignorance...that's what I was referring to as characteristic of swampwater Mississippians, think "Deliverance"...but you automatically default to your racism and think "Mississippian" = "black people" Laughing

Do you read what you posts first. You embarrass me and this site! I thought people of the left were past using race to improve their agenda.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue May 14, 2013 7:59 pm

News Pigeon wrote: I am profanely bigoted towards people who embrace ignorance...

Me too, and there is a lot of that going on in this country! afro
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum