Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS HAWK Definitions

5 posters

Go down

NEWS HAWK Definitions Empty NEWS HAWK Definitions

Post  sumrluvr Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:44 am

It has been asked 9 times in other threads where News Hawk has deemed himself an expert on performance boats and their activities on the lake.

He has called them Ocean-Racers and Oversized boats for Lake Winnipesaukee.

On multiple forums and now 9 separate times (this being the 10th) we have asked him for his definition of what Oversized and what he considers Ocean-Racers.

Thus far he has only answered that a certain priced Donzi and "monsters" are considered Ocean-Racers.

I for one feel if he wants to continue to pass himself off as a resident expert, push an agenda against performance boating and make unsubstantiated claims / conclusions about these boats abilities and activities he should post his evidence and data that proves these boats are "Ocean" "Racers" and are considered "oversized" for the largest inland body of water in NH. 3rd Largest in New England.

So in honor of the TENTH time this question has been posed to News Hawk I have started this thread to get some clarification.

Lets see if he decides once again not to answer or back himself up for all the claims he has spewed over the years.

Please be specific News Hawk.. The floor is yours.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

NEWS HAWK Definitions Empty Re: NEWS HAWK Definitions

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:57 am

Here's one:

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:30 am

Actually it isn't... Baja's are not very well fit for the ocean as their hulls are not designed for offshore conditions.. However if you would actually provide a definition (even if it is incorrect) but at least YOUR version of a definition we could all go about our business.

However you yet again prove that you have not basis or validity to any of your claims and simply are full of shit.

I hope you're proud of yourself.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 am

4 days have passed and thus far no response from News Hawk.

How can he be a resident expert on the topic but not be able to provide a simple definition?

Why? Because it won't work to his agenda. He would prefer to be able to call any boat of size or power an ocean racer to continue to demonize any craft he does not like.

Still waiting News Hawk.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:43 am

sumrluvr wrote:How can he be a resident expert on the topic but not be able to provide a simple definition?
Because everyone else understands what is meant, but you're very puzzled?

Question 

You'd say—in addition to Baja—that the smaller Donzis can't handle the 2'-chop that is very commonly found off Florida's coast? This is a print-out that accompanied a Donzi fatality near my place on Lake Winnipesaukee.

NEWS HAWK Definitions 2ephwnq

(Scroll down plus CTRL, if you've enlarged the screen for aging eyes).
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:21 am

NEWS HAWK Definitions 2ephwnq

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:28 am

News Hawk wrote:
sumrluvr wrote:How can he be a resident expert on the topic but not be able to provide a simple definition?
Because everyone else understands what is meant, but you're very puzzled?

Question 

You'd say—in addition to Baja—that the smaller Donzis can't handle the 2'-chop that is very commonly found off Florida's coast? This is a print-out that accompanied a Donzi fatality near my place on Lake Winnipesaukee.

No they don't understand. They just stopped bothering to ask for they realize having a discussion with you rarely achieves a clear outcome.

Because a 22 foot (one of the larger models made) can handle a 2 foot chop doesn't make it an ocean racer.

From your posts I would consider you an experienced captain (yes that was a compliment) however you also know on the ocean a two foot chop is far from the conditions normally encountered. A 22 foot Donzi Classic with a 2 foot draft would have extreme difficulty in the ocean unless there was optimal conditions. They are made for inland rivers and lakes, as are most Baja's.

So can we please define a certain size boat that you would consider suitable for the ocean for the benefit of our conversation? I am willing to entertain your thoughts on this. 30 feet and above? 30 feet with twins? What do you think?
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:52 am

It must be a different view over by News Hawk's dock.  I have seen only a handful of boats that would qualify as “Ocean Racers” on the lake over the past 20 years.  Any fear that the lake would become over run with racing boats is a little misguided.  What is the point of putting an “Ocean Racer” in Winni?  It would be like putting a PWC in a bathtub.  

Maybe its’ just his definition of “Ocean Racer”. Very Happy 

I have always been a big fan of the Classic Donzi…but to classify them as Oversized Ocean Racers is like calling a Mini Cooper a Formula 1 race car.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:48 am

Outerlimits wrote:It must be a different view over by News Hawk's dock.  I have seen only a handful of boats that would qualify as “Ocean Racers” on the lake over the past 20 years.  Any fear that the lake would become over run with racing boats is a little misguided.  What is the point of putting an “Ocean Racer” in Winni?  It would be like putting a PWC in a bathtub.  

Maybe its’ just his definition of “Ocean Racer”. Very Happy 

I have always been a big fan of the Classic Donzi…but to classify them as Oversized Ocean Racers is like calling a Mini Cooper a Formula 1 race car.
Extremely well put OL. Great to have you on board. (no pun intended) Very Happy 

I have been on Ocean Racers on the lake years ago. A true ocean racer as this one was simply was boring on the lake. By the time you had her spooled up, trimmed out correctly and up to speed you had covered 1/4 to 1/2 the broads. The captain only had it on the lake twice and that was because he was staying at his fathers house for the week.

A true ocean-racer is too much boat for the lake as would be a 60 foot yacht or the Oracle racer from the America's cup.

If I had to define an ocean-racer it would be (depending on the brand and model) a boat the exceeds 1000 hp that is a true 35 foot boat (give or take) and larger.

Most of the Baja's, Donzi's, Formula's that make up the performance community on Lake Winni would not fit this mold nor would be able to handle Ocean conditions or a race.

The nice part for SL supporters is you did not need a SL to deter true ocean-racers from visiting the lake. They simply find it boring and wouldn't consider it a full time destination.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:13 am

Donzel wrote:NEWS HAWK Definitions 2ephwnq

So OffShoreOnly is wrong, and OCDactive is right?

scratch

Outerlimits wrote:I have always been a big fan of the Classic Donzi…but to classify them as Oversized Ocean Racers is like calling a Mini Cooper a Formula 1 race car.
John Cooper's Formula 1 race car:

NEWS HAWK Definitions MuNP3v3kRoivtJ0SFl2mPFg
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:45 am

I am very disappointed in you News Hawk. Again you fail to even have any bit of a rational discussion. Both OL and I tried to have a civil discussion regarding your thoughts on the topic but yet cannot provide even the most simple answers.

I believe it is clear to everyone you have no intention of participating in the most rational of debates.

Not worth my time. Also an insult to all forum members that were looking to discuss this topic.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:01 am

We have them beat, sumr. They are just louder.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down