Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maine man investigated for Facebook comments about Obama

2 posters

Go down

Maine man investigated for Facebook comments about Obama   Empty Maine man investigated for Facebook comments about Obama

Post  fshnski Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:55 pm

SABATTUS, Maine —Police are investigating a candidate for selectman in Sabattus who used a racial slur and suggested shooting President Barack Obama in a Facebook post, officials said.

The comment was made by David Marsters, who is seeking election to the Sabattus Board of Selectmen, Town Manager Andrew Gilmore said. The post has been removed.

“This has now become an active law enforcement investigation because of the nature of the statements,” Gilmore said. “The Sabattus Police Department has notified the proper federal agency as required.”

The Secret Service has questioned Marsters, his family and his neighbors. The FBI has also been notified, officials said.

Marsters said his comments have been taken out of context. Marsters, who spent 18 years as a police officer in Massachusetts and served in the National Guard and decades in the Navy, said he spoke out of anger, and the words he used were a mistake, but he did not threaten the president.

“Well, they were all saying ‘You don’t threaten the president, you don’t like killing people,’” said Marsters, a decorated veteran. “I said, ‘I’m not saying that. This is my own opinion.  Shoot the n*****.’ It’s my First Amendment right.”

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/maine-man-investigated-for-facebook-comments-about-obama/-/9857858/21685122/-/13hch9nz/-/index.html#ixzz2dI8muLp9

Last edited by fshnski on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Maine man investigated for Facebook comments about Obama   Empty Is this worse?

Post  fshnski Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:58 pm

DALLAS, August 27, 2013 – As the U.S. marches toward war with Syria, thousands of Assad-sympathizers bombarded President Obama’s Facebook page with threats of retaliation.

Comments from seemingly original profiles represented Syrians from the cities of Homs, Tartus, Damascus and Aleppo and more. Warnings of counter-attacks on U.S. soil and against Israel were not confined to one photograph or post, but the most disturbing were observed on today’s picture honoring Dr. Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech.

This comment was pasted 356 times at last check in both English and Arabic:

“We will burn the cities of the United States if it attacked Syria, and will remove Israel from the map.” Others referenced burning America’s skies and called for immediate jihad retaliation should America strike “another Muslim land”.

The second most common remarks were also in English or Arabic and translated by Facebook:

“To the American people: Have you ever asked yourselves why your flag is burning all over the world by protesters? We always distinguish between the American regime and the American people…but if the American people remain silent they will be murders as their government. Wake-up Americans and stand for humanity.”

One poster, Al-Assad Buttar, wrote and then apparently deleted this comment, “You will attack my people based on still unconfirmed reports? The rebels have all the advantage in claiming this happened while killing children themselves. U.S. has been arming and fighting Al Qaeda so long and you cannot see this because you want war and nothing will stop your blood thirst. Bomb one more country and we will rain fire from the sky.”

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/citizen-warrior/2013/aug/27/madison-syrians-vow-burn-americas-skies-obamas-fac/#ixzz2dI9UHt8J

Last edited by fshnski on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Maine man investigated for Facebook comments about Obama   Empty Re: Maine man investigated for Facebook comments about Obama

Post  WHL Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:23 pm

I saw the Maine man on tv this morning. As he said, what happened to freedom of speech?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Maine man investigated for Facebook comments about Obama   Empty Re: Maine man investigated for Facebook comments about Obama

Post  fshnski Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:37 pm

I think it would be a good idea for this administration to spend their time with the groups in the second story.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:08 pm

You know, I have often wondered how many of the citizens of ANY country really want to go to war. The LEADERS are the ones that take us all there. I don't think most citizens of the US want to go to war until the big boys convince us we must. And I don't think most citizens of other countries want to go to war either. It is the leaders.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down