Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stocks jump after strong jobs report!

5 posters

Go down

Stocks jump after strong jobs report! Empty Stocks jump after strong jobs report!

Post  Achigan Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Now that the U.S. job market is showing consistent strength, investors appear to be letting go of their earlier worry that the economy isn't ready for the Fed to start weaning the U.S. off that stimulus.

Yes it's looking good!
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Stocks jump after strong jobs report! Empty Re: Stocks jump after strong jobs report!

Post  News Buzzard Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Great news indeed, Achigan. Thanks for posting
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Stocks jump after strong jobs report! Empty Re: Stocks jump after strong jobs report!

Post  Outerlimits Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Arrange the deck chairs and cue "Nearer My God to Thee."  

You two are just too funny.  

The job market is weak.  There are nearly 100 million unemployed Americans and the dollar is worth 70% of what it was worth 5 years ago.

The FED can talk about taper but the only thing they fear more than tapering is admitting that they can`t do it because if they taper the recovery will fail. The QE is propping up the Market.

When QE eventually ends, the market will crash. We are experiencing inflation contrary to popular belief. QE stops or the Dollar weakens dramatically, then the Stock Bubble bursts and we go into another recession worse than 2008.  We are now too weakened to react to a recession.  It will be far worse than 2009.

Wall Street is just is just riding the Fed bubbles up and will short them when the Fed pops them. It is what happened with the tech bubble and housing bubbles.  It will be no different this time.  Those who don’t understand this (and those led by ideology) will get buried.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:01 pm

I caught that on TV today. I had never heard of "QE" before.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Outerlimits wrote:Arrange the deck chairs and cue "Nearer My God to Thee."  

The job market is weak.  There are nearly 100 million unemployed Americans and the dollar is worth 70% of what it was worth 5 years ago.

The FED can talk about taper but the only thing they fear more than tapering is admitting that they can`t do it because if they taper the recovery will fail. The QE is propping up the Market.

When QE eventually ends, the market will crash. We are experiencing inflation contrary to popular belief. QE stops or the Dollar weakens dramatically, then the Stock Bubble bursts and we go into another recession worse than 2008.  We are now too weakened to react to a recession.  It will be far worse than 2009.

Wall Street is just is just riding the Fed bubbles up and will short them when the Fed pops them. It is what happened with the tech bubble and housing bubbles.  It will be no different this time.  Those who don’t understand this (and those led by ideology) will get buried.
You need to trade in your negative crystal ball. I know it's not easy to accept positive news but give it a try once in a while.  If it gets worse then you can celebrate, but for now it is a little better. Wink
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Outerlimits wrote:Arrange the deck chairs and cue "Nearer My God to Thee."  

Quantitative easing (QE) is an unconventional monetary policy used by central banks to stimulate the economy when standard monetary policy has become ineffective.[1][2][3] A central bank implements quantitative easing by buying specified amounts of long term financial assets from commercial banks and other private institutions, thus increasing the monetary base and lowering the yield on those financial assets.[4] This is distinguished from the more usual policy of buying or selling government bonds in order to keep interbank interest rates at a specified target value.[5][6][7][8]

Expansionary monetary policy typically involves the central bank buying short-term government bonds in order to lower short-term market interest rates.[9][10][11][12] However, when short-term interest rates are at or close to zero, normal monetary policy can no longer lower interest rates.[13] Quantitative easing may then be used by monetary authorities to further stimulate the economy by purchasing assets of longer maturity than short-term government bonds, and thereby lowering longer-term interest rates further out on the yield curve.[14][15] Quantitative easing raises the prices of the financial assets bought, which lowers their yield.[16]

Quantitative easing can be used to help ensure that inflation does not fall below target.[8] Risks include the policy being more effective than intended in acting against deflation (leading to higher inflation in the longer term, due to increased money supply),[17] or not being effective enough if banks do not lend out the additional reserves.[18] According to the IMF and various other economists, quantitative easing undertaken since the global financial crisis of 2007–08 has mitigated some of the adverse effects of the crisis.[19][20][21]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantitative_easing
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:15 pm

So what!!! You still don't understand it. Cutting and pasting doesn't make you a financial genius.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks to your post Outer I was able to increase my blossoming expertise in the financial field. Thanks!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:45 pm

And 400,000 of those jobs were the government workers returning to work after the gov. shutdown. I don't call that a big deal.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:52 pm

When I see some good news, I will let you know.

The stock market is going up because the FED is pumping 30 billion a month directly into it. When the FED prints money out of thin air, it de-values the currency. That means the money in your pocket is worth less.

Now you tell me...How is this good news?

Obama Fan-Boys are so eager to prop up a failed leader they will redefine words, basic economic rules, and the laws of science and nature to find success where their is only failure.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:04 pm

Exactly, Outer.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:12 pm

The U.S. economy is growing faster, corporate profits are rising and companies are laying off the fewest workers in six years.

The economy has added a solid average of 202,000 jobs a month from August through October. And the number of people applying for unemployment benefits has fallen over the past month back to mid-2007 levels. That signals fewer layoffs and further job gains in November.

The Fed will start to pull back because of the stronger economy.

That's good news to me.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down