Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal

+2
News Hawk
News Buzzard
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 2 Empty Re: Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal

Post  WHL Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:49 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
WHL wrote:Does he have discussions on there?  I thought he just wrote articles.  I think it is great he keeps those who read it up to date on what is going on.  Despite our differences of opinion, it is interesting to listen to your point of view, even though for the life of me I can't understand how you can possible think the way you do.  And I know you think the same about me.

Thank you.

You can make comments on Bob's blog (well, I can't) and he'll post them. It is true that he is a good news outlet, but I have discovered some inaccuracies along the way that changes the complexion of his argument. Good journalism requires factual presentation, IMO.

I guess I haven't seen anything written by others. Why doesn't it surprise me that you don't think he is factual sometimes???
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 2 Empty Re: Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal

Post  News Buzzard Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:28 am

"Repeal and Replace" is losing steam:    Wink 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1017188689
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:12 am

A top Republican throws in the towel:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mcmorris-rodgers-obamacare-repeal-unlikely

I wonder if the Republicans sent the memo to Scott Brown, because Obamacare bashing is all he's got !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:21 pm

How many are still uninsured—wasn't this the purpose of Obamacare?

scratch

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:44 pm

News Hawk wrote:

How many are still uninsured—wasn't this the purpose of Obamacare?

scratch

They knew from day one that they weren't going to get everybody, so now we will go from 50 million uninsured to 30 million and it will probably go lower, and it doesn't help that many states are not participating out of spite. It's their loss because this thing is well past the repeal stage. The best way to go is single payer!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Obama told us from day one that it would cover EVERY American. What happened to that?

The states did it out of spite?

What about the states that blew hundreds of millions on their exchanges and signed up only a few people or nobody at all?

It seems your best defense of Obamacare is: It’s too late to repeal it.

Maybe you are fine with yet another entitlement but this piece of trash was sold to the public on a many, many lies.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Outerlimits wrote:The states did it out of spite?

Yeah, they are. Look at Maine. Governor LePage constantly vetoes the Medicaid expansion, so the people of Maine have to come up with $290 million a year for their Medicaid bill rather than accept the money from the federal government, and then they have thousands of people who could have health insurance under the Medicaid expansion who are going without. Does that sound reasonable to you? Even Governor Brewer was smart enough to take the Medicaid expansion, while Governor LePage is saving the rest of us money. This "piece of trash" is saving people thousands of dollars a year and has newly insured over 9 million people.

I guess you didn't get the memo, so I'll be happy to post it again Call it trash all you want, and live with it forever!  Wink 

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mcmorris-rodgers-obamacare-repeal-unlikely
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Outerlimits wrote:"...It seems your best defense of Obamacare is: It’s too late to repeal it..."
Hardly a glowing endorsement!

Laughing
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:49 am

News Buzzard wrote:
Outerlimits wrote:The states did it out of spite?

Yeah, they are. Look at Maine. Governor LePage constantly vetoes the Medicaid expansion, so the people of Maine have to come up with $290 million a year for their Medicaid bill rather than accept the money from the federal government, and then they have thousands of people who could have health insurance under the Medicaid expansion who are going without. Does that sound reasonable to you? Even Governor Brewer was smart enough to take the Medicaid expansion, while Governor LePage is saving the rest of us money. This "piece of trash" is saving people thousands of dollars a year and has newly insured over 9 million people.

I guess you didn't get the memo, so I'll be happy to post it again Call it trash all you want, and live with it forever!  Wink 

You do realize… ”free” money has to be paid by somebody.

If you define “saving” as shifting costs to others, then yes, Obamacare is “saving”. Obamacare works for some people but for those paying the bill, the cost is just too high.

Of course Democrats destroying medical insurance for millions of Americans to see a relative few of their constituents receive free stuff is not good for this country and certainly not sustainable. For the vast majority, Obamacare has increased taxes, increased premiums, increased deductibles and increased out-of-pocket limits and it will diminish the quality of care.

For what?

So the people unable or unwilling to carry their own weight can receive subsidies. While not ideal, extending Medicaid would have been far more effective and cost efficient course but the Democrats couldn’t sell that as “reform”. Instead they sold us this lie and its’ wonderful for those on the receiving end, but for the working class and our children, this is a nightmare.

Obamacare is a piece of trash on so many levels.

As an advocate of seniors, It must be hard to ignore the FACT that those senior citizens that actually planned and saved for retirement are getting hit HARD with the rising cost of prescriptions (largely as a result from Obamacare). It's no joke to seniors on a fixed income and limited budget as is. Obamacare has not helped responsible seniors at all with more affordable health care. In fact, just the opposite has resulted.

The only thing about law this which I find to be favorable is the elimination of the preexisting condition clause. That was needed a long time ago. Other than that, no thanks to the rest of it. The cost of this monstrosity will be felt for generations to come. Everything about the Affordable Care Act is expensive and not affordable.

Obamacare was sold on LIES and you don’t have the integrity to admit it because of your unwavering devotion to Obama.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Very, very well said, and true, Outer!! For those who are not responsible this law is wonderful, other than that it is terrible
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:06 pm

That's funny! Obamacare closes the doughnut hole in Medicare Part-D and the Republicans are saying that it hurts seniors. The pack of lies isn't working anymore and Obamacare is here to stay. It's time to go grab some of that money which is sitting offshore and take care of our own people !  Very Happy
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:38 pm

The State of Virginia is losing $430 million by not expanding Medicaid and 400 thousand Virginians are losing out on health insurance as a result. How long do you think the Koch backed stonewalling will last ?      Very Happy 

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/04/29/3432249/gop-lawmakers-virginia-medicaid/

Obamacare is here to stay!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:05 pm

News Buzzard wrote:

Obamacare is here to stay!!

...and you find that acceptable?

Question

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:58 am

News Buzzard wrote:That's funny! Obamacare closes the doughnut hole in Medicare Part-D and the Republicans are saying that it hurts seniors. The pack of lies isn't working anymore and Obamacare is here to stay. It's time to go grab some of that money which is sitting offshore and take care of our own people !  Very Happy

Pack of lies???   Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Obamacare does NOT fill the doughnut hole, it eats the doughnut.

As many here have stated before, Obamacare cuts $717 billion from Medicare over 10 years; $154 billion of that will come from Medicare Advantage

According CBO: Obamacare’s closing of the donut hole will increase Medicare spending by about $25 billion over ten years.

But at the same time, Obamacare’s cut in payments to Medicare Advantage plans will reduce spending by $137 billion over ten years. So the cut exceeds the new spending on the drug benefit by more than $100 billion. Who will bear the burden of those cuts?

Seniors will.

Of course, Obamacare cuts many other aspects of Medicare too, beyond the Medicare Advantage reductions (the ten-year cut is $450 billion, according to CBO). Among the many changes are deep cuts in what Medicare pays hospitals and other providers of care — so deep that Medicare’s rates would plummet below the levels provided by Medicaid by the end of the decade. Who will bear the burden of those cuts?

Those not cancelled are seeing Medicare Advantage programs decrease by 8% this year and NO amount of PR is going to change the fact that Obamacare is enormously disruptive to Medicare Advantage,  and it is forcing smaller plans out of the business.

I am guessing those cancelled and those paying more are not seeing this as a joke.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:08 pm

Same garbage, different year ! The way you're talking you'd think you had a shot at repeal. Read the article about what's going on in Virginia again and tell me that this law is going away ! What a waste of time and money !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 2 Empty Why bother OL?

Post  red_hill Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:21 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Same garbage, different year ! The way you're talking you'd think you had a shot at repeal. Read the article about what's going on in Virginia again and tell me that this law is going away ! What a waste of time and money !

OL, why do you bother wasting your time responding to this lightweight? NB does not let facts get in the way of a good argument!

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:48 pm

I wouldn't call 9.5 million newly insured a lightweight number. The Heritage Foundation and Mitt Romney should be proud of the concept they created !

Hi, Red Hill !  Very Happy
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu May 01, 2014 10:10 am

I know News Hawk doesn't like Talking Points Memo, even though they frequently quote other sources, so I attach here an article on Obamacare from The Wall St Journal.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/05/01/obamacare-ratings-steady-despite-busy-month-wsjnbc-poll/?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

In their spin on the numbers the Journal slips in the line that only 21% of the respondents thought the law should be totally eliminated. Sometimes it's very difficult for a right leaning periodical to spit out the truth !  Very Happy
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu May 01, 2014 3:22 pm

From that article:

Few saw a personal impact from the law. Overall, 58% said it had not affected their lives while 13% said it had a positive effect, and 28% said it had a negative one.

Just wait!

Evil or Very Mad

Did the Wall Street Journal mention in their survey, "ObamaCare-members" who are NOT paying the required fees?

Question

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu May 01, 2014 4:34 pm

red_hill wrote:OL, why do you bother wasting your time responding to this lightweight? NB does not let facts get in the way of a good argument!

Go to see you red_hill.

I don’t know why I bother.  While I do like to hear differing opinions, it seems unreal somebody could actually believe all the rubbish he puts out there.

And yes…It has crossed my mind that News Buzzard is not for real.  

News Buzzard wrote:In their spin on the numbers the Journal slips in the line that only 21% of the respondents thought the law should be totally eliminated. Sometimes it's very difficult for a right leaning periodical to spit out the truth !

From you own article: 36% think Obamacare is a good idea while 46% think it’s a bad idea.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Obamacare has NEVER had a favorable ranking.

We still have not seen the worst Obamacare has to offer.  Some outlets are predicting most employers will dump their healthcare coverage and people will have to pay 100% of their premiums.  How popular will that be?
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu May 01, 2014 5:33 pm

Outerlimits wrote:We still have not seen the worst Obamacare has to offer.  Some outlets are predicting most employers will dump their healthcare coverage and people will have to pay 100% of their premiums.  How popular will that be?

I read that today and it might be revenue neutral with any added stipend, in lieu of health insurance, being taxable. It makes sense for employers who don't pay well to move their employees onto Obamacare with a stipend that is nowhere near as costly as paying for a family plan. It's also a good segway for single payer !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu May 01, 2014 8:10 pm

Outerlimits wrote:"...And yes…It has crossed my mind that News Buzzard is not for real..."

The user-name "Ministry of Truth" is still available here.

Why not take that name, rather than remind us that buzzards are circling this country—waiting for another "free" meal?

Question

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu May 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 2 Founderswarned
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri May 02, 2014 7:09 am

Obamacare Truthers Get Caught In A Lie:

http://news.yahoo.com/obamacare-truthers-caught-lie-094500783--politics.html

The party is over and Obamacare is here to stay !!     cheers
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri May 02, 2014 7:23 am

Can it be true, NB? Have you been pulling our leg all along and truly don't believe?????
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next