Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quiet lake?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Quiet lake? Empty Quiet lake?

Post  WHL Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:29 am

Does anyone else think that the lake has been quieter than usual this year?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Quiet lake? Empty Re: Quiet lake?

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:46 am

'Family talked about that yesterday. This should be the season's peak, but a boat count would come up short compared to July.

scratch

We did have he usual scofflaw racing between a number of boats, and a large, white, and noisy Cris-Craft-type threw a huge wake which flooded my cockpit; still, it's better than capsizing. A bailing of about five minutes, and I was on my way again.   Last week, I went to the NHMP web page. This year, they wrote, they only want "Emergency Calls". So, a drunk boater isn't a "Emergency"?

drunken

Today, I may be selling our largest boat—a 22-footer. A Rattlesnake islander wants it. His powerboat has  broken down, so he may want a sailboat as a reliable transport.

What a Face
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:48 am

They wrote they only want emergency calls? Really? Interesting.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:01 am

Yup.

It's kind of like saying, "Don't call the NHMP unless there's blood in the water".

scratch

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:42 pm

I am very surprised at that.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:46 pm

The site lists their business hours, but left out who to call on the most important days—on weekends.

The "Emergency Telephone Numbers" appear first: but the same numbers appear several lines lower, under the five lines that refer to the boating education address. Rolling Eyes

The office numbers look the same—as they have for years—but I've gotten an answering machine or the State Police instead.

As usual, the NHMP missed visiting our area during the time of the most violations this weekend.

scratch

After all the mayhem quieted down, we were visited by a juvenile Bald Eagle.

Smile
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:11 am

So why do they need a new building if they aren't staffed there??? (They don't answer the phone???)
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:26 am

Sat was dead, perhaps the rain forecast scared some away. Sunday was as busy as I have seen- Greenes Basin through Graveyard, hole in wall, Broads Sally's Gut and back.

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:08 pm

red_hill wrote:Sat was dead, perhaps the rain forecast scared some away. Sunday was as busy as I have seen- Greenes Basin through Graveyard, hole in wall, Broads Sally's Gut and back.

I know, we couldn't figure out why!! Maybe that was it. Sunday was very busy!! Glad you noticed too!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:01 pm

Once again our resident scofflaw is spreading inaccurate information.

Outside of "business hours" the phones are answered by the State Police since the Marine Patrol is now a division of the State Police!

Our resident scofflaw wrote:
Last week, I went to the NHMP web page. This year, they wrote, they only want "Emergency Calls". So, a drunk boater isn't a "Emergency"?
Yet ANOTHER UNTRUE STATEMENT!  

The front page and contact page look like this:  Show me where it suggests they only want "Emergency Calls" or that a suspected drunk boater is not an emergency!
Field Operations Bureau
Marine Patrol Unit

Marine Patrol's mission is to provide a safe, enjoyable, and environmentally responsible use for all of the State's public waters. Through its three sections, operations, aids to navigation, and the Boating Education Program, the Unit provides a comprehensive Marine Safety Program, places over 5,000 aids to navigation, and offers boating education for all recreation and commercial boat operators.

What We Do

New Hampshire state laws and Department of Safety Administrative Rules determine Marine Patrol functions and responsibilities. Generally, the Marine Patrol is responsible for the following fundamental activities:

•Enforcement of state boating laws and administrative rules.
• Enforcement of state criminal laws.
•Investigation of all boating accidents and drownings.
•Providing seacoast security.
•Installation, maintenance, and removal of state owned marine aids to navigation.
•Inspection of commercial vessels and testing of commercial operators.

North Country River Patrol
North Country River Patrol  

Where We Operate

Marine Patrol has enforcement authority on all bodies of water having 10 acres or more, as well as rivers and tidal waters. Marine Patrol Headquarters is located in Gilford, although officers are assigned to work throughout the State.

When We Operate

Marine Patrol operates 365 days per year, with a primary operational period ranging from early May to the middle of October. Patrols are conducted in all weather and water conditions and at all times of the day and night depending upon enforcement requirements.

Contact Us

The Contact Us page:
Field Operations Bureau
Marine Patrol Unit
Contact Us  

Business Hours: 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday
In an emergency situation, call (603) 293-2037 or (877) 642-9700.
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
Mailing Addresses: Telephone/Email:
 Boating Education Program
Division of State Police
3 Higgins Road
PO Box 1150
Belmont, NH 03220 (603) 267-7256
(888) 254-2125 (toll free)
 Marine Patrol Unit
Division of State Police

Mailing Address:
31 Dock Road
Gilford, NH 03249

Temporary Physical Address:
67 Communications Drive
Laconia, NH 03246
View on mapAdobe Acrobat Reader Symbol

(603) 293-2037
(877) 642-9700 (toll free)
(603) 293-0096 (fax)
marinepatrol@dos.nh.gov
 Moorings Program
Division of State Police
3 Higgins Drive
PO Box 1150
Belmont, NH 03220 (603) 267-6453

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT JACKASS POSTS! Evil or Very Mad
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Quiet lake? Empty Ever Try to Reach Them?

Post  News Hawk Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Quiet lake? Fullsc16
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Yes I have...even on weekends...and the phone was ALWAYS answered.  

Ironic that you posted a screenshot of their contact webpage...show me again where it has anything that remotely justifies your latest BS claim:
Our resident scofflaw It's-Not-News Hawk wrote:
Last week, I went to the NHMP web page. This year, they wrote, they only want "Emergency Calls". So, a drunk boater isn't a "Emergency"?
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:04 am

obervantone wrote:Yes I have...even on weekends...and the phone was ALWAYS answered.  

You've never received an answering machine instead—with the machine saying to "press #7"—which wasn't answered?  

pale

When I was once transferred to the NH State Police, their answer was they'd contact the NHMP during NHMP's working hours.

Suspect

WHL, as to "quiet", crows have been mysteriously silent. We've seen Bald Eagles flying close every day for about ten days. Last yesterday afternoon, one soared over us for about five minutes. Bald Eagles (or the crows) may have a nest nearby. It's become Bald Eagle territory this season.

Very Happy

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:15 am

It has. We have seen them a lot too. It seemed like usually they disappear in the middle of the summer but not this year. We are probably getting overrun with them.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:58 am

You've never received an answering machine instead—with the machine saying to "press #7"—which wasn't answered?  

No, NEVER.  The phone is answered by the NH State Police outside of business hours.  I have never gotten an answer machine.  Of course given your propensity to call when you see someone enjoying themselves meanwhile issue false distress calls to boaters to try to move get them off "your" lake, I would suspect that they recognize your number and let it go into voice mail Hell.

I notice that you still have not addressed where on the Marine Patrol website you claim that you got this piece of bull shit from, but why would you?...you just make up shit and then when you are called on it you ignore it:
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:36 am

obervantone wrote:

No, NEVER.  The phone is answered by the NH State Police outside of business hours.  I have never gotten an answer machine.  Of course given your propensity to call when you see someone enjoying themselves meanwhile issue false distress calls to boaters to try to move get them off "your" lake, I would suspect that they recognize your number and let it go into voice mail Hell.

Your suspicions could be true, except that I use my cellphone as well. Why would you disapprove of calling offenses into the NHMP?

scratch

Your "positive experience" doesn't cancel the negative experience(s) of others.

study

It wasn't always that way: most of the time, the NHMP would arrive an hour late. Now I wait until both offender and NHMP are in view and inform the dispatcher of this fact.

I'll eventually e-mail NHMP my observations of our "serial Donzi offender".

obervantone wrote:I notice that you still have not addressed where on the Marine Patrol website you claim that you got this piece of bull shit from, but why would you?...you just make up shit and then when you are called on it you ignore it:

Their "Emergency Numbers" are the same as their "regular numbers"—and the same as they've always been; however, on their web page, they'd chosen to put their "Emergency Numbers" in bold print.  

Again, why would you disapprove of calling offenses or clear boating hazards into the NHMP?

scratch
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:34 pm

Their "Emergency Numbers" are the same as their "regular numbers"—and the same as they've always been; however, on their web page, they'd chosen to put their "Emergency Numbers" in bold print.
So that lead you to the LEAPING CONCLUSION:
Bolding their phone number justifies a bullshit statement/conclusion like the one you posted above?  
our resident scofflaw It's-Not-News-Hawk wrote:
Again, why would you disapprove of calling offenses or clear boating hazards into the NHMP?
I don't disapprove of that, but you have demonstrated time and time again that you believe lawful recreational boating and having a good time with the family is a crime, even while you initiate hoax distress signals in an attempt to get boaters away from your "private" lake and ignore legitimate signals for help by boaters.

BTW, did you know that initiating a hoax distress signal is both a State and Federal crime?

You are pathetic.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:10 pm

obervantone wrote:
I don't disapprove of that, but you have demonstrated time and time again that you believe lawful recreational boating and having a good time with the family is a crime..."

For drinking while boating, I'll refer you to the page in "The New Hampshire Guide to Boating".

I don't make up laws.

obervantone wrote:"...you initiate hoax distress signals in an attempt to get boaters away from your "private" lake and ignore legitimate signals for help by boaters.

BTW, did you know that initiating a hoax distress signal is both a State and Federal crime?

You are pathetic.

Who's pathetic?

You're the only one who's labeled my signal, "I am reversing" a hoax (and a distress signal).

Rolling Eyes

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:20 pm

WHL wrote:Does anyone else think that the lake has been quieter than usual this year?

It's going to get a lot quieter, given the news of thunderstorms and rains for the next several days.

Today, there was a very strong breeze, with strong gusts. In spite of that, I haven't seen so many sailboats out on a Thursday afternoon. (Three Sunfish, one Able cruiser, one Pierson cruiser, one "J" dinghy, one J-24, one cruiser I couldn't identify, and one yellow sailboat that kept capsizing, but it did appear like a new boat to the skipper).

One young fella was madly paddling his SUP against the wind, and a rescue outboard came to tow him back—about a mile. (But I'm not counting him as a sailor yet).

What a Face

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:25 pm

For drinking while boating, I'll refer you to the page in "The New Hampshire Guide to Boating".
And the LIES begin...However THIS is what you wrote:
Regarding your use of a distress signal to move a boater away from your "private" lake.
You're the only one who's labeled my signal, "I am reversing" a hoax (and a distress signal).
No, you did that yourself.
Re: "Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor...
Post  News Hawk on Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:49 pm
You might have been able to hear a "surfer-boat" out in front of my place this afternoon. The only time the "music" got turned off was to converse with the surfer!  
Out of sight, I picked that one prize moment to give five long blasts from my boat horn. They got the message, and moved further down the harbor.
Of course you are now changing what you claim is the meaning of the danger signal
what you said then:
News Hawk wrote:
Since I was on land at the time, it signifies "I am aground".
What you say now:
"I am reversing"
You will note that 5 blasts of the horn is a distress signal warning the boater that there is danger in the area...which is exactly what you intended...not that you were aground or reversing your engines...which were both false since you were on land and not in your boat.  
No one was in danger, no one was aground and you were not reversing your engine yet you signaled danger! The very definition of a hoax!  
You knew exactly what you were doing and are now lying again.
http://www.boatdocking.com/other/Sounds.html
You are pathetic and hopefully one day a Marine Patrol officer, or better yet Coast Guard Officer will witness this and you will wind up in prison!

Last edited by obervantone on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:22 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Not spin...LIES!)
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Quiet lake? Empty Obervantone, The Drama Queen?

Post  News Hawk Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:34 am

From The Hull Truth. The below situation evolved from a woman with a life-threatening health problem. The atmosphere at a Columbus Day Regatta was "Party-Time", and many horn blasts were in play when a woman would remove the top of her bikini.

The surfing party in Winter Harbor could have cared less if there was an excess of "Rap" noise coming from their boat. "Party-Time" knows no boundaries...

obervantone wrote:
"You will note that 5 blasts of the horn is a distress signal warning the boater that there is danger in the area..."

A "Distress" signal, or "Navigation" signal?

As in the above Columbus Day Regatta scenario, issuing too much noise will prevent or obscure a rescue attempt. Noise on the water is—in itself—a danger to life and limb. It's really a shame the surfers only moved their mobile hazard a mile away.  (Though some would say "They were just having fun on the water").

One's exhaust noise can obscure navigational signals—and there are many local examples of excessive exhaust pipe noise.

Quiet lake? Fullsc17

My "Navigational Signal" got them to move away.  Very Happy

Even our local mail boat uses five horn blasts!  Shocked

(Or three ("reversing"), or four, or two, or one, depending on the lack of recipients at a dock).

Rolling Eyes

That mail boat operator should be arrested by the NHMP or (even better) the Coast Guard.

pirat

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Quiet lake? Empty And the LIES continues

Post  obervantone Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:20 am

You were in the WRONG!

There was NO DANGER to the wake boat...YOU used your boat horn, while on land, to signal that the wake boat was IN DANGER in order to get them away from your "private" lake!   PERIOD  

And then you had the audacity to BRAG ABOUT IT!

At some point in the future someone will be using that signal in a dangerous situation and most will think, "Oh, that's just that cranky jackass pissed off that someone is near his "private" water again" and it could end badly.

Believe me, if I am in Winter Harbor and see or hear a distress call, I will be contacting the Marine Patrol to investigate....you can try to lie your way out of that one in court!

Our resident scofflaw It's-Not-News Hawks argument in court:
"But Your Honor....I only issued that Mayday call because I thought it was May First and I was wishing everyone a good day"

Quoting an internet forum vs Chapman's....LAME.

You are pathetic!
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:23 pm

OB, you sound like such an angry person. Why don't you lighten up? Why do you let NH get under your skin?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:08 pm

I take fake calls for help, ignoring boaters in need and using danger signals when no one is in danger VERY SERIOUSLY.

Lighten up?

Sure...what if you are the one hurt or worse because this jackass has done it so many times that distress signals are ignored in Winter Harbor....everyone figuring it's "HIM AGAIN".

No, these are very serious violations and need to be addressed as such.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:22 pm

But you never write on here when you are not upset. You don't sound angry just about this particular subject but always.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next