Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CNN's Banfield: 'Take Me Off the Ledge' and Tell Me IRS Audits Weren't Political

3 posters

Go down

CNN's Banfield: 'Take Me Off the Ledge' and Tell Me IRS Audits Weren't Political  Empty CNN's Banfield: 'Take Me Off the Ledge' and Tell Me IRS Audits Weren't Political

Post  fshnski Sat May 18, 2013 9:47 am

After Friday's IRS testimony before Congress, CNN's Ashleigh Banfield begged CNN host Candy Crowley to "take me off the ledge" and explain that the agency was simply doing its job looking for "sleazeballs that are trying to get special status."

Crowley shot down Banfield's astoundingly ignorant plea. "And the only sleazeballs have 'Tea Party' in their name or 'patriot'? What about 'progressive'?" Crowley asked of the agency's double standard in investigating Tea Party groups while approving liberal groups more quickly.

Banfield had just made a plea to Crowley:

"Candy, please, take me off the ledge here. Isn't this exactly what they're supposed to do is find the political names and weed out the sleazeballs that are trying to get special status and not disclose who their donors are?"

Yet after Crowley's explanation, Banfield's ignorance surfaced again. "Didn't they also do that, and I'm just curious because I do not know the numbers. Didn't they also do that with other names that sounded progressive? I think I've heard three groups already say they suffered the same consequences," she claimed of the IRS also investigating liberal groups.

Perhaps Banfield needs a news briefing. A front-page USA Today report showed that liberal groups clearly "got a pass" while Tea Party groups were being held up in their applications to become non-profits.

One conservative group, held up for months by an IRS investigation, applied again with an "innocuous" name and was quickly approved by the IRS. The Barack H. Obama Foundation was speedily approved as tax-exempt while Tea Party groups were being obstructed by the IRS.

Banfield offered one final excuse for the IRS as the segment ended, that agency employees weren't being political but rather stupid. "And it might just be extraordinarily stupid, too. I think we definitely think stupid is part of all of this," Banfield claimed.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2013/05/17/cnns-banfield-take-me-ledge-and-tell-me-irs-audits-werent-political#ixzz2TeTXrsSb
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

CNN's Banfield: 'Take Me Off the Ledge' and Tell Me IRS Audits Weren't Political  Empty Re: CNN's Banfield: 'Take Me Off the Ledge' and Tell Me IRS Audits Weren't Political

Post  News Hawk Sat May 18, 2013 12:05 pm

fshnski wrote:"...One conservative group, held up for months by an IRS investigation, applied again with an "innocuous" name and was quickly approved by the IRS. The Barack H. Obama Foundation was speedily approved as tax-exempt while Tea Party groups were being obstructed by the IRS.
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2013/05/17/cnns-banfield-take-me-ledge-and-tell-me-irs-audits-werent-political#ixzz2TeTXrsSb
Arrow The Barack H. Obama Foundation is a Conservative group? Question

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shocked Obama's next drone missile-shot against American citizens—could be them! Surprised
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

CNN's Banfield: 'Take Me Off the Ledge' and Tell Me IRS Audits Weren't Political  Empty Re: CNN's Banfield: 'Take Me Off the Ledge' and Tell Me IRS Audits Weren't Political

Post  obervantone Sat May 18, 2013 4:32 pm

obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

CNN's Banfield: 'Take Me Off the Ledge' and Tell Me IRS Audits Weren't Political  Empty Desperate

Post  News Hawk Sat May 18, 2013 4:41 pm

What your article doesn't say is no different than telling a lie.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat May 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Of course not. In my opinion our government, both right and left, is so corrupted by money and agenda that there may be no fix to it. Our country is headed on a path to mediocrity. We can not continue to accept anything and everything. That's what happens when the world is more important than our own country. The pride in our own nation has shrunk to an unbelievable low. This is not the way my country is supposed to be.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat May 18, 2013 8:41 pm

fshnski wrote:

"...Our country is headed on a path to mediocrity..."

Chechniya included, this administration is accepting over 99% of applications from Illegals, using the compulsory IRS powers as not intended, won't save our Benghazi annex personnel before an election, "invest" in election-contributors' corporations, insist on coal to run electric cars, insist on bankrupting the coal industry, block a pipeline from Canada, send missiles to Syria, start a war in the Middle East, and you say we're headed towards mediocrity?
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down