Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences

+2
WHL
fshnski
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences - Page 4 Empty Re: IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:25 pm

I think it might be a good idea to get rid of the National Politics thread. We have plenty to talk about with the Lake and Wolfeboro topics, and I can talk about sports occasionally. The National Politics forum is what makes things get very nasty, anywhere it's been, and that's what can get you into trouble. We all get heated, and the next thing you know, nasty things are said which could lead to further confrontation. I believe the Wolfeboro Offline forum is a good model, either trash this forum and stick with Wolfeboro Offline, or have both. You have to be strict with the National News thread though, and keep politics out of it. This Friday, the May jobs report is coming out, and that can be reported as National News. Lugnut wanted to trash the National Politics thread on his forum, and I'm sorry I talked him out of it. We've been fighting for years and got nowhere. I'll even get rid of the Obama picture!

You asked a question, and that's my answer!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences - Page 4 Empty Re: IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:42 pm

More censoring is what you want. You want these changes because people disagree with the agendas you are trying to sell. This is exactly what the leftist news organizations have been doing and you, like them, want to silence anybody that doesn't agree with you.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:44 pm

News Buzzard wrote:I think it might be a good idea to get rid of the National Politics thread. We have plenty to talk about with the Lake and Wolfeboro topics, and I can talk about sports occasionally. The National Politics forum is what makes things get very nasty, anywhere it's been, and that's what can get you into trouble. We all get heated, and the next thing you know, nasty things are said which could lead to further confrontation. I believe the Wolfeboro Offline forum is a good model, either trash this forum and stick with Wolfeboro Offline, or have both. You have to be strict with the National News thread though, and keep politics out of it. This Friday, the May jobs report is coming out, and that can be reported as National News. Lugnut wanted to trash the National Politics thread on his forum, and I'm sorry I talked him out of it. We've been fighting for years and got nowhere. I'll even get rid of the Obama picture!

What do you mean by that?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:53 pm

fshnski wrote:More censoring is what you want. You want these changes because people disagree with the agendas you are trying to sell. This is exactly what the leftist news organizations have been doing and you, like them, want to silence anybody that doesn't agree with you.

This response is exactly what I'm talking about! You did not ask me the question. WHL did, as the moderator.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:55 pm

News Buzzard wrote:I think it might be a good idea to get rid of the National Politics thread. We have plenty to talk about with the Lake and Wolfeboro topics, and I can talk about sports occasionally. The National Politics forum is what makes things get very nasty, anywhere it's been, and that's what can get you into trouble. We all get heated, and the next thing you know, nasty things are said which could lead to further confrontation. I believe the Wolfeboro Offline forum is a good model, either trash this forum and stick with Wolfeboro Offline, or have both. You have to be strict with the National News thread though, and keep politics out of it. This Friday, the May jobs report is coming out, and that can be reported as National News. Lugnut wanted to trash the National Politics thread on his forum, and I'm sorry I talked him out of it. We've been fighting for years and got nowhere. I'll even get rid of the Obama picture!

Darn, I just wrote a long reply and lost it. Well, long story short, this forum has survived through the National Politics. If not for that, we wouldn't have much activity. I do wish we could be nicer when differing in our opinions. However, if you notice, forums get busiest when there is controversy. We had the most people on line during a controversy. People say they don't like it, but I think they really do to a degree anyway. The Offline Forum is a good example of being only nice, but look where it is. Almost nobody posts anymore. It almost died until one member tried to revive it and that is a tough go. The old people didn't come back and the only way to make a go of it, is to somehow get new people. But that takes time. I think because of so many forum changes, people got discouraged. I hope this one can be here to stay. You came here and have every right to and we like you here. But we were having a good time before you came and if you decide you hate this "Forum of Gloom" and leave, we will still be here. I don't want you to do that, I want you to stay and we can all play nice. I just don't think it is fair for the new kid on the block to tell us what we should do. I would like to see a few more fun topics. Surely there must be something we can talk about and have fun. I hope you don't take offense at any of this, I don't mean any offense. I am just trying to explain the way I think we all feel.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:01 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
fshnski wrote:More censoring is what you want. You want these changes because people disagree with the agendas you are trying to sell. This is exactly what the leftist news organizations have been doing and you, like them, want to silence anybody that doesn't agree with you.

This response is exactly what I'm talking about! You did not ask me the question. WHL did, as the moderator.

Who the hell do you think you are?!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Question Didn't you mean to say to News Buzzard:

"Don't Throw Stones in the Home of Your Host."
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:53 pm

zzzzzz

Last edited by fshnski on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:57 pm

I appreciate your response, WHL, and another suggestion I could make is to not give these threads too much rope. This thread we are on right now is on it's 6th page. I think a thread should be no more than 2 pages, get the ideas out and be done with it. I would remind fshnski and News Hawk that you asked me a question and I answered it.

I also think that you would survive without a National Politics thread. For example, the most action we get on the other forum is in the Music thread, and there's a lot of good stuff on there. Matzoh Heppelwhite has a treasure full of old musical clips that he can share, and so does News Pigeon. You could create a tourist thread where folks can come on as guests and ask questions. I also remind News Hawk and fshnski that they don't share the responsibility and the liability that you have for this forum. They'll walk away from you in a heartbeat. Fshnski asks me who the hell I am. I've been doing this a lot longer than he has, and he forgets that I would be censoring myself as well. You have the ability to raise this forum way above the trashy state it's in, and all it takes is a little imagination!

Thank you.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Who the hell do you think you are?! You have tried to silence us by threatening to tell the town, and then the C of C. Then you went to the moderator and then you went to the administrator. Now your threatening legal action because someone doesn't agree with you?!

What are you going to sue for? For ruffling your feathers?

Last edited by fshnski on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:04 pm

That is a nice site thanks to Matzoh.. It seems it has everything that you desire.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:11 pm

News Buzzard wrote:I think it might be a good idea to get rid of the National Politics thread.

Question WWSD? Question
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:46 pm

fshnski wrote:Who the hell do you think you are?! You have tried to silence us by threatening to tell the town, and then the C of C. Then you went to the moderator and then you went to the administrator. Now your threatening legal action because someone doesn't agree with you?!

Read my post again, moron, and tell me exactly where I threatened legal action.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:56 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
fshnski wrote:Who the hell do you think you are?! You have tried to silence us by threatening to tell the town, and then the C of C. Then you went to the moderator and then you went to the administrator. Now your threatening legal action because someone doesn't agree with you?!

Read my post again, moron, and tell me exactly where I threatened legal action.

From Merriam-Webster;

Moron = a person affected with mild mental retardation

Moron = retard

“Retarded” and “retard” today are variations on a slur. Young people especially like it: as a weapon of derision, it does the job. It’s sharp, with an assaultive potency that words like “moron” and “idiot” lost sometime in the days of black-and-white TV.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/opinion/sunday/a-word-gone-wrong.html?_r=0

Last edited by fshnski on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:54 am; edited 3 times in total
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:24 am

NB, sharing liability as you said certainly sounded to me the same way it sounded to fsh.

We are happy with our little forum, we enjoy each other as well as the National Politics thread. We do not like the current administration and as far as I know, there is still freedom of speech in this country so we can say what we want on here. It is a lot safer than trashing a local person or business which I would not allow. The Admin, here wants an open and free site to go where it may.

I love your idea of tourist questions, etc., I for one would welcome that too. As you can see we have tried to post topics from time to time OTHER than National Politics. I would love to see some history of the area.

The Winni forum kind of answers the tourist questions and your site does the music thing so let us do our thing here, which I hope becomes more diversified as time goes on.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:32 am

Thank you, WHL.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:34 pm

You're welcome.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences - Page 4 Empty Immigration sweep ends with 18 arrests

Post  fshnski Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Immigration officials arrested 18 gang members or associates during a three-day sweep this week in the Chicago area.
The arrests were made by agents with the U.S. Immigration and Custom Enforcement's Homeland Security Investigations in Chicago, Cicero and Berwyn.
The ICE said those arrested -- age 18 to 42 -- all are documented members or associates of one of the following gangs: Latin Kings, Two-Six Boys, Two-Two Boys, Ambrose, Surenos 13 or the Bishops.
All but one of those being held have criminal histories involving various felony convictions and three previously had been deported.
One of those arrested is from El Salvador and the others are from Mexico and all are in ICE custody on administrative immigration charges pending deportation.

Auburn Gresham saw two homicides in two days last week, a RedEye analysis of preliminary police data found.

On May 30, a 15-year-old boy was shot to death in the 1700 block of West 85th Street, police said. One day earlier, a 36-year-old man was fatally shot in the 7500 block of South Carpenter Street, according to officials.

Auburn Gresham has logged eight homicides so far this year. The South Side community area recorded 16 homicides last year, RedEye determined.

Citywide, gunshot homicides were logged in the last week in Avalon Park, Greater Grand Crossing, Englewood, New City and South Shore, according to RedEye data.

Meanwhile, a 5-month-old boy was fatally stabbed May 30 in the 5200 block of North Lincoln Avenue in Lincoln Square, police said.

May ended Friday with 44 homicides, down from 51 homicides in May 2012. Two homicides have been logged so far in June. Forty-seven homicides were recorded in June 2012, RedEye found.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4