Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake...

+10
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
obervantone
fshnski
News Buzzard
News Pigeon
sumrluvr
APSound
WHL
Donzel
News Hawk
14 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Empty Deceitful--Full of DECEIT...

Post  News Hawk Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:16 pm

To my understanding, this constitutes a notice of an "event".

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 <a href=Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Fun_ru10" />[/quote]

...and, of course, your lyin' eyes tell you this video shows none are speeding!...

Rolling Eyes
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Empty Full of it Full of it.. NEWS HAWK is a piece of...............

Post  sumrluvr Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:23 pm

A group of fellow boaters meeting up for a fun run around the lake is not required to get a permit.

We know this because we called.

Did you?

No of course not. You'd rather take a video and cry about it later.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Empty Re: Labor Day Weekend on the Lake...

Post  News Hawk Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:29 pm

sumrluvr wrote:A group of fellow boaters meeting up for a fun run around the lake is not required to get a permit.

We know this because we called.
..."WE" Called...

Did "WE" now?

All of you called?

Evil or Very Mad 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Empty Re: Labor Day Weekend on the Lake...

Post  APSound Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:50 pm

News Hawk wrote:To my understanding, this constitutes a notice of an "event".

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 <a href=Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Fun_ru10" />
...and, of course, your lyin' eyes tell you this video shows none are speeding!...

Rolling Eyes[/quote]
I didn't know that you knew Scott V, he is a nice guy. I met him last year. Is he on this forum?

APSound

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Empty No respose required

Post  Guest 1 Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Sumr, no response required, he is just fishing. His credibility has gone down to below zero.

Guest 1

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Guest 1 wrote:Sumr, no response required, he is just fishing. His credibility has gone down to below zero.

Says "Guest 1". Now that's funny

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:06 pm

Sunday was the day that was so rough wasn't it? Did a lot of boats make it across the broads???? Wish I had seen it.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:21 am

obervantone wrote:Keep in mind NH is the same guy who admitted elsewhere that he witnessed a boater in distress near his place and wrote to complain that other boats where just passing the distressed boater and doing nothing to help and then when I questioned him about it he admitted that he did nothing to aid the distressed boater "because he was looking for help from another boater".  NH didn't even pick up the phone to call the MP.  How's that for "being concerned" and "giving back".
Let's get this one straight!

No 

Nobody on our shoreline called the NHMP—and why would they have?

Question 

The "distressed boater" was within 200-feet of dozens of residents along our shoreline—"putting-along" under power—waving a paddle at other boats!
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:39 am

News Hawk wrote:Nobody on our shoreline called the NHMP
The "distressed boater" was within 200-feet of dozens of residents along our shoreline—"putting-along" under power—waving a paddle at other boats!
And yet even after identifying it as a boater in distress (the post in which you did so took "OTHERS" to task for not coming to the boaters aid) YOU STILL DID NOTHING!  Now you are trying to justify YOUR INACTION by saying... no one else helped out either...  You are a disgrace.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:43 pm

obervantone wrote:
News Hawk wrote:Nobody on our shoreline called the NHMP
And yet even after identifying it as a boater in distress (the post in which you did so took "OTHERS" to task for not coming to the boaters aid) YOU STILL DID NOTHING!  Now you are trying to justify YOUR INACTION by saying... no one else helped out either...  You are a disgrace.
You may recall that last summer, we personally came to the aid of a Jet-Skier with breathing problems—and held him above water by canoe—until I could get my powerboat to tow them both in.

I don't waste my time with someone looking for dropped water ski.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:05 pm

So says you.  

Now you are claiming your ignored boater in distress was searching for a lost water ski.  

When I first questioned you about it your answer was...the marine patrol was too far away...I asked how you knew that without calling them...I am still waiting for that response...then it was...they were looking for help from another boater not from anyone on shore...followed by....no one else on the shore called marine patrol either...and now...it was a lost waterski.  

You are the one that brought this upon yourself by bringing OTHERS to task for not coming to the aid of a boater in distress and then admitting that you refused to even call the Marine Patrol to notify them of the boater requesting help.  You could have hailed him yourself to ask the boater what kind of assistance was needed, but again, YOU DID NOTHING (your story now is that he was 200 feet from your shoreline, well within shouting distance).

Perhaps I should not say that YOU DID NOTHING, because you did do something. You ran to your keyboard to criticize others for not helping the distressed boater...same as you.

You are a disgrace and I am done with you.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Empty Now, on to "News Pigeon" assertions...

Post  News Hawk Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:23 am

obervantone wrote:"...So says you..."  
My full account of that rescue resides at FATPif you'd even be bothered to look it up—rather than make some kind of long-winded issue here.

They could have lost a BoSox baseball cap or even a pet overboard. Who knows? BUT...!

'Glad you're "over" it!

sunny
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Empty No Money—No Foul?

Post  News Hawk Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:50 am

BTW:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=189053&postcount=13

News Pigeon wrote:LOL...ask him how this relates to a person who cheats on his property taxes all the while bitching about others "taking what they haven't earned"...he uses the term 'scofflaw", I'd use the term "tax cheat" where he is concerned!
Question 

Not only does my private property get a negative "review" from an admitted lurking stalker, now she prints clearly-libelous assertions onto a public forum. Is it any wonder that she's been reported to two police agencies, a neighbor is now asking the occasional "drive-by" if they're lost, that another neighbor has adjusted his carport's security camera to view our roadway, and her G-mail address gets published by her local Webmaster for a libelous assault on a business near me—but distant to her?

confused 

• It helps "The Libelous" among America's population when they have zero money; however, these "unwashed" can revel in publically describing my residence as "the cheap-seats" in the county, a "ghetto", and that I "cheat on my taxes".  

Question 

• Besides having no money, or "on the dole", could there be another—but sadder—answer to "keyboard-attacks" here in Wolfeboro—from 2000 miles away?

drunken

• That I could legitimately be called a "carpet-bagger" would be especially hilarious to someone who has never been part of a U. S. Navy family.

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Patriot
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Empty Let's Ask The First Lady...

Post  News Hawk Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:25 am

How would First Lady Michelle Obama, feel about such a person using her persona as an avatar?

Question 

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTVqmwNCO-LPoNRQLo17yr0FyV2MxnpKCKUOn7B8tQlxUMOhCk
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:12 pm

WHL wrote:Sumr, you should have seen the broads yesterday!  It was rough!!!!  Huge rollers!
Take some pictures of the "broads" the next time you see them.  Did they have big Boobs?
Speaking of such:

"I was in an elevator when this busty young woman got in. I was staring (apparently too long) at her boobs, when she said, “Would you please press one?

"So I did. I don’t remember much afterwards."
pirat 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:35 am

News Hawk wrote:Our day of rest was shattered by about a dozen "Bad Boys", who arrived one-by-one and gathered in the middle of skiers and tubers. They departed in a noisy flurry of a race—perhaps some kind of unauthorized Poker Run?

pale

Registered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Boats: :02 Sonic 31ss 496ho's
We are looking to gather a group in winter harbor at noon on Sunday, boat a defined route around the lake and passing into winter harbor a few times and then ending at nazbar. The sl friends are in winter harbor and would enjoy a showing of louder faster boats obeying the local laws.

Post if any interest.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above, from offshoreonly.com, seems to suggest that you were targeted NH. Real mature, eh? Show your support for a cause you believe in and you'll be taught a lesson. It's no wonder this group of boaters has such a P.R. problem. Falure to police themselves brought us to where we are now and they have no one to blame but themselves.
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:30 pm

per NH's video no laws were broken and the MP had no issues.. Why do you? Just trying to stir the pot perhaps?
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:38 pm

Amy B wrote:
News Hawk wrote:Our day of rest was shattered by about a dozen "Bad Boys", who arrived one-by-one and gathered in the middle of skiers and tubers. They departed in a noisy flurry of a race—perhaps some kind of unauthorized Poker Run?

pale
Registered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Boats: :02 Sonic 31ss 496ho's
We are looking to gather a group in winter harbor at noon on Sunday, boat a defined route around the lake and passing into winter harbor a few times and then ending at nazbar. The sl friends are in winter harbor and would enjoy a showing of louder faster boats obeying the local laws.

Post if any interest.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above, from offshoreonly.com, seems to suggest that you were targeted NH. Real mature, eh? Show your support for a cause you believe in and you'll be taught a lesson. It's no wonder this group of boaters has such a P.R. problem. Failure to police themselves brought us to where we are now and they have no one to blame but themselves.
True, the NHMP was absent—as they normally are on weekends until about 6-PM.

Rolling Eyes

I've got a video of a pontoon boat towing a tube—but directly across the pontoon boat's wake, just behind the tube—passes one of these speed-demons. I've shortened the video to just 10 seconds, but that appears to have been a mistake...If you blink, you'll miss the speeder!

No 

What he says of "sl-friends" is true, however. Many of my neighbors cringe at the approach of these speed-demons. Skiers and tubers—most of whom I don't know, but enjoy their antics—end their day when the noise and obvious danger appear; fortunately, the vast numbers of violations occur on just two days a week.

Your quote:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/northeast-us/302118-labor-day-lake-winnipesaukee.html

With zero responses, why didn't the perp pull the...ummm...advertisement?

scratch
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:48 pm

sumrluvr wrote:per NH's video no laws were broken and the MP had no issues.. Why do you? Just trying to stir the pot perhaps?
No...to highlight the mind set of someone who would write:"The sl friends are in winter harbor and would enjoy a showing of louder faster boats obeying the local laws." These kind of shenanigans don't bother me anymore though. As in my earlier post it will be these kind of low lifes who will be responsible for stricter laws on the lake but they will blame everybody else. So bring your loudest boats...and expect tighter restrictions in the future.  BTW I was pleased to see in a few other posts on offshoreonly that many of these irritating boaters are avoiding Winni. Welcome back family boaters.

I hope you're proud of yourself.
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:57 pm

To continuously name call and belittle those who you do not like only shows what little argument and grounds you stand on.

No laws were broken and where they decide to meet on a state owned lake is completely up to any group wanting to enjoy it.

It is a shame people are leaving the lake and according to economic data and views of those directly affected by the SL your constant statements otherwise seems like you are hoping to convince others to the contrary. We all know the SL had nothing to do with speed and the Winnfabs were a one trick pony. It is a real shame a vocal minority changed the very fabric of freedom people used to love about NH. Now it is simply northern Mass.

sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:58 pm

sumrluvr wrote:

It is a shame people are leaving the lake and according to economic data and views of those directly affected by the SL your constant statements otherwise seems like you are hoping to convince others to the contrary.

??? Now try to express yourself in English.
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:06 pm

It looks self explanatory.

It seems you feel the more you continue to make posts that the lake is "better" and more "family boaters" are returning based on your observations then it must be true. This contrary to the economic data and marine trades association findings.

It is almost like the liberal media. Repeat something enough and people will begin to believe it.

Sorry not buying it.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:20 pm

sumrluvr wrote:It looks self explanatory.

It seems you feel the more you continue to make posts that the lake is "better" and more "family boaters" are returning based on your observations then it must be true. This contrary to the economic data and marine trades association findings.

It is almost like the liberal media. Repeat something enough and people will begin to believe it.

Sorry not buying it.
Economic data? From 2 years ago and not specific to the lake's region? Sorry to have to repeat this LTE but it nails what people really think. And they really crucified you in the readers' comments.

LETTER
Gen X mentality 'Rick Blodgett, Concord'
For the Monitor

Saturday, April 23, 2011
Share on emailEmail
Print
Comments ()
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on gmailMore Sharing Services0Re 'Boating activist has need for speed' (Monitor front page, April 20):

I have always dreamed of owning a sports car that would go 150-plus mph, so can I persuade the Legislature to change the speed limit on Interstate 93?

According to Scott Verdonck I should be able to.

Verdonck's typical Generation X mentality is, 'If I want something, I am entitled to it.'

Some of his comments sound like he is ready to have a temper tantrum if he doesn't get a place to drive his boat - in particular, 'His group will drop the issue (speed limit repeal) next session if this 'compromise bill' passes.' Is that a veiled threat?

A smart man would have waited until the speed limit trial expired before buying his go-fast boat and having things turn the way they did. But, last I checked, there was lots of room between idle and full throttle. Or, better still, he could take the boat to the ocean, where he can go as fast as he wants, as long as he wants.

Verdonck asks, 'How upset will you be when your taxes go through the roof if you don't have their tourism dollars?'

But maybe for every go-fast boater who leaves the lake, two or three or four small family boaters will see the lake as a safer place and start enjoying it - with their tourism dollars.

Lest Mr. Verdonck feels I have no knowledge of the lake, I have been navigating the big lake by boat and jet ski since he was in three-cornered pants.

RICK BLODGETT

Concord

Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:30 pm

You again prove my point. You have no data to support your claims that the lake is "better off" or "family boaters" are returning (or ever left for that matter)

Instead you use a bloggers post in response to a Concord Monitor Article. Is this the data you use to warrant why laws are needed? LTE to local news rags?

Well if it was printed it must be true and fact.

I read that on the internet somewhere. Laughing 
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:43 pm

sumrluvr wrote:You again prove my point. You have no data to support your claims that the lake is "better off" or "family boaters" are returning (or ever left for that matter)

Instead you use a bloggers post in response to a Concord Monitor Article.  Is this the data you use to warrant why laws are needed? LTE to local news rags?

Well if it was printed it must be true and fact.

I read that on the internet somewhere. Laughing 
The Concord Monitor a "local" rag? Boy they sure had a field day with you in the readers comment section after your "Little Boy's Dream" article. In any case, as one reader pointed out, the "live free or die" motto was hijacked by a vocal minority in order to justify self-entitled narcissism. The quote from offshoreonly would tend to support that view.
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next