Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BTW, Bloomburg has a new campaign for NY. He wants to ban styrofoam.

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BTW, Bloomburg has a new campaign for NY. He wants to ban styrofoam. Empty BTW, Bloomburg has a new campaign for NY. He wants to ban styrofoam.

Post  fshnski Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm

I see merits in this desire. But, there are a heck of a lot of more important things that need to be addressed.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/21/mayor-bloomberg-wants-to-ban-styrofoam/

Before he leaves office next month, Mayor Bloomberg is ordering one more takeout — Styrofoam.
At the request of the mayor, the City Council’s Sanitation Committee is holding a hearing Monday on a bill to prohibit the use and sale of plastic foam cups and plates that have long been ubiquitous in delis, bodegas and even school cafeterias.
Deputy Mayor Cas Holloway will testify on behalf of the administration, which first proposed the ban in the summer and is now rushing to get it enacted into law.
Sanitation officials say plastic foam food containers add 23,000 tons of trash a year to landfills, The city’s total total waste stream is more than three million tons.
The officials say the ban is warranted because foam containers are non-biodegradable, can’t be recycled and spoil the environment.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

BTW, Bloomburg has a new campaign for NY. He wants to ban styrofoam. Empty Re: BTW, Bloomburg has a new campaign for NY. He wants to ban styrofoam.

Post  WHL Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Yep, I just mentioned that a few minutes ago in another post.  I think if he wants to tackle something else, he should tackle packaging.  What a waste it is when you buy something!  It is awful to open and IMO totally unnecessary. OH and while he's at it, he could tackle ethanol. That stuff is the biggest waste! I heard how much land it takes etc. Overall it is a big zero for us.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

BTW, Bloomburg has a new campaign for NY. He wants to ban styrofoam. Empty Re: BTW, Bloomburg has a new campaign for NY. He wants to ban styrofoam.

Post  fshnski Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:20 pm

I thought it was a good idea for a separate thread.

I agree WHL. It seems that sometimes they try to use as much material as possible in packaging. I bet there are salesmen out there that take advantage of foreign companies telling them what they "need to comply" with shipping rules when they could really get by with less protection for the object to be shipped. I think these companies get oversold.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:02 pm

I am sure you are right, the "over packaging" is a result of rules and regulations. Isn't it time we came back to reality in this country?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:12 pm

You guys are missing the point.

This has little, if anything, to do with the environment, landfills or cost.

This is, like most things these days, nothing more than the ruling class imposing another law to comply with on us.

They do this and then laugh as they watch you jump from one foot to the other, trying to comply with the millions of laws, rules, codes, edicts, mandates, regulations and statutes out there.

They do it because they can.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:15 pm

And again, you are totally right, Anti. Every time a new rule or regulation is discussed, I have the same mixed feelings. I hate rules and regulations more than most. Yet I do see why we need some of them despite the fact you wonder how much good they do and what we should even need them in the first place.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:10 am

Anti Federalist wrote:You guys are missing the point.

This is, like most things these days, nothing more than the ruling class imposing another law to comply with on us.

They do this and then laugh as they watch you jump from one foot to the other, trying to comply with the millions of laws, rules, codes, edicts, mandates, regulations and statutes out there.

...and just perhaps, because there's money in it for them, and their cronies...Suspect 

...like Detroit...

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 pm

News Hawk wrote:

...and just perhaps, because there's money in it for them, and their cronies...Suspect 

...like Detroit...

Oh, no doubt, but that is just icing on the cake, an added lagniappe.

They'd rule over and lord over and boss us around even if it cost them money. "Civil Servants", cops, "Officers", government lackeys of all stripes, except in the last days of a dying empire, like ours, usually make much less than their "civilian" counterparts.

Take this story as a perfect example...DoomBerg was already a billionaire, what could he possibly gain monetarily, by being mayor, over and over, ducking term limits and spending his own money on litigation to run again?

For the piddly ass mayor's salary? Shit, he pays more in NYC property taxes than what that job pays.

No, he wanted that job because, like almost all people in government today, at heart, he is a petty tyrant who gets a sick thrill from bossing people around and telling them what to do.

They get a kick out of it, it's a "high" to them, to boss people around with nothing more than an official title.

Inside the Incredibly Repellent Mind of a Bureaucrat

Becky Akers

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/inside-the-incredibly-repellent-mind-of-a-bureaucrat/

Rod Peet, Jr, tells me he stumbled across this quote “some time ago and it really struck a nerve.” Yep, I can see that it would. Ready? We’re going deep into the dark side as one of Our Rulers extols her natural passion for totalitarianism:

“…Marthe Kent, OSHA’s director of safety standards program and head of the ergonomics effort, couldn’t be happier at her job. ‘I like having a very direct and very powerful impact on worker safety and health,’ she recently told The Synergist, a newsletter of the American Industrial Hygiene Association. ‘If you put out a reg, it matters. I think that’s really where the thrill comes from. And it is a thrill; it’s a high.’  Later in the article, she adds, ‘I love it; I absolutely love it. I was born to regulate. I don’t know why, but that’s very true. So as long as I’m regulating, I’m happy.’”

Cleanse your soul of Marthe’s filth with another quote. This one hails from a document that declared war on a king and his “Ministry,” as England’s bureaucratic regime was known in the 18th century:

“But when a long train of abuses and usurpations pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government…”

Ah, rebellion. We were born to rebel. I don’t know why, but that’s very true. So long as we’re rebelling against dictators like Marthe, we’re happy.

I'd a line to Becky's post:

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:41 pm

No, he wanted that job because, like almost all people in government today, at heart, he is a petty tyrant who gets a sick thrill from bossing people around and telling them what to do.

They get a kick out of it, it's a "high" to them, to boss people around with nothing more than an official title.

You are so right. It is a high, a power trip for them. That's why most people run for public office today unfortunately. Go over and read the Wolfeboro News where we were trying to start a discussion. There is already a fight about this.

WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:34 pm

WHL wrote:No, he wanted that job because, like almost all people in government today, at heart, he is a petty tyrant who gets a sick thrill from bossing people around and telling them what to do.

You are so right.  It is a high, a power trip for them.  That's why most people run for public office today unfortunately.  Go over and read the  Wolfeboro News where we were trying to start a discussion. There is already a fight about this.  

Post a link to thread WHL, please.

Thanks.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:50 pm

I agree with you about Bloomberg AF. That's why I thought the recent recalls in Colorado over gun control issues were so important. The defense for the Democrats that were being recalled had been financed by Bloomberg. His attempt to stick his nose in other's business failed. Both Democrats lost in their recall elections.

Last edited by fshnski on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:
WHL wrote:No, he wanted that job because, like almost all people in government today, at heart, he is a petty tyrant who gets a sick thrill from bossing people around and telling them what to do.

You are so right.  It is a high, a power trip for them.  That's why most people run for public office today unfortunately.  Go over and read the  Wolfeboro News where we were trying to start a discussion. There is already a fight about this.  

Post a link to thread WHL, please.

Here it is Anti but if you don't want to read it all, you can skip the first three pages or so:

https://wolfgil.forumotion.com/t1995-town-news

Thanks.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:28 pm

This is the post where I copied what you said about Bloomburg.

https://wolfgil.forumotion.com/post?p=12922&mode=quote
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:49 am

I submit this is an ObamaCare style diversion from the "Knock-Out Game" plaguing New York.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:08 am

I submit this is another Obamacare-style DIVERSION from the "Knock-Out Game" that is plaguing New York...

No 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:43 am

Just wait 'til the new mayor gets in. NY is going to have a lot more to worry about than styrofoam and how big their drinks are. Crime will be back big time.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:25 am

WHL wrote:Just wait 'til the new mayor gets in. NY is going to have a lot more to worry about than styrofoam and how big their drinks are.  Crime will be back big time.
Oh yeah, DeBlasi will be a train wreck.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:11 am

Rudy Giuliani knew how to manage crime—course he is a Republican...

Twisted Evil 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:44 pm

News Hawk wrote:Rudy Giuliani knew how to manage crime—course he is a Republican...

Twisted Evil 
Yeah, by being an authoritarian jackass.

We look upon authority too often and focus over and over again, for 30 or 40 or 50 years, as if there is something wrong with authority. We see only the oppressive side of authority. Maybe it comes out of our history and our background. What we don't see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/03/20/nyregion/freedom-is-about-authority-excerpts-from-giuliani-speech-on-crime.html
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:22 am

There's something wrong with "The One Broken Window" concept?

Question 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:22 am

News Hawk wrote:There's something wrong with "The One Broken Window" concept?

Question 
As a matter of simple common sense, nothing that I can see.

But why would I need a democrat, drug warrior, professor to tell me that?
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:35 am

WHL wrote:Just wait 'til the new mayor gets in. NY is going to have a lot more to worry about than styrofoam and how big their drinks are.  Crime will be back big time.
The drop in crime, which started about 20 years ago, was a national event and not just isolated to New York. Giuliani had very little to do with the drop in crime in NY, and his last Police Commissioner, Bernard Kerik, was a thug who just got out of jail.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:45 am

What about Ray Kelly? I suppose he had nothing to do with the decrease in crime in NYC?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am

fshnski wrote:What about Ray Kelly? I suppose he had nothing to do with the decrease in crime in NYC?
Ray Kelly had very little to do with the decrease in crime in NY, and I'm glad to see that he will be the first one out the door.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 am

That is not how most see it. You don't like Kelly because he affectively used stop and frisk.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next