Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boating

+3
Achigan
WHL
News Hawk
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Boating - Page 2 Empty Re: Boating

Post  obervantone Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Amy B, think what you want, no amount of truth or fact will change your mind. News Hawk, just one more reason that you should find a nice desert home bounce 
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Boating - Page 2 Empty Punishing WinnFABS?

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:30 am

Amy B wrote:Yes, "all local laws" ...wink wink.  But let's not forget that the purpose was to annoy and punish a SL supporter. Hence the maturity and integrity of a certain group of boaters again comes under scrutiny.

Funny, that no member of WinnFABS would recognize me as a WinnFABS supporter!

Suspect 

Odd, also, why did the Rowdys keep their ½-mile distance, then the Rowdys complain to me about that same ½-mile distance?

drunken 

obervantone wrote:News Hawk, just one more reason that you should find a nice desert home.
You make a good point.

Then I couldn't smell your wasted hydrocarbon pollution, be concerned for all the kids in our coves, bays and harbors* or admire your expensive "graphics".

However, I think that "graphics" belong exclusively on the machines of America's heroes.

(Not turn-key demons with a credit card).

Boating - Page 2 11903771-large

* (one child died in Winter Harbor—within sight of my porchexactly where your "legal" race took place)!!

pale 

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:07 am

News Hawk wrote:
obervantone wrote:

I nearly peed myself laughing at that one.  Since you bring the point up I expect you will be publishing the names and locations of everyone on the lake who are "... recovering from illness (requiring bed-rest), ..." so as not to disturb them.   lol! 

Have a fine day  Wink

I only mention "recovery" because my mother was terminally ill from cancer, and was on "bed-rest" at our Winnipesaukee cottage. I'm NOT publishing her name.

I, myself, have a doctor's order for a month's "bed-rest" presently.

I spent all day yesterday in the E.R. at Miami's Bascom-Palmer Institute.

(More on that under National Politics—later).

I smell new laws coming to a cove you you!!!

Suggested laws:

1) New baby quite zones, please check the website as you are responsible for everyone else
2) No dogs allowed to swim of bark
3) No lawn care near anyone with a headache
4) No swimming without a shower 1st and only after bio friendly soap is used
5) No airplanes, period! They are noisy and could fall on people
6) No boat exhaust discharged above or below the water line
7) No air conditioners
Cool No waving at other boaters, this will be easy after we get #6!

any others I forgot?

My condition—shingles—is an illness that will affect 1 out of three adult males. It's even rarer for me to be sick—at all.

Get the inoculation.

pale 

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:50 am

AP Sound wrote:I smell new laws coming to a cove you you!!!

Suggested laws:

1) New baby quite zones, please check the website as you are responsible for everyone else
7) No air conditioners
Cool No waving at other boaters, this will be easy after we get #6!

any others I forgot?
OOOO  I know, I know  bounce  Looks like you forgot NO Graphics on boat hulls   confused 

I've been letting this one slide, but what the Hell.  News Hawk there is no way those boats are a half mile from shore since Winter Harbor is only about a half mile wide.  If they were a half mile from YOUR SHORE then they would be on dry land and you even pointed out that the opposite shore is a half mile from your camera location so I have been waiting and waiting for you to say those boats were even CLOSER!  A quarter mile from shore!!!!   OHHHH  THE HUMANITY!  They were 9 times the distance required by law before the headway speed rule goes into effect....talk about calling it close!   whoa  pirat
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Boating - Page 2 Empty Updated

Post  APSound Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 pm

7) No air conditioners
Cool No boat graphics that contain, color or items that can't be made out with an out of date video device at a distance of no less than 1500ft (10 times the legal limit).

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:21 pm

You probably didn't know that your race passed Camp Osseo—a large family camp that your immature revelers overlooked...and where Winter Harbor opens up from Carry Beach to 1¼ miles...

Look again...

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:46 pm

I think many have stated it wasn't a race, do you have proof and did you get their speed documented?

There are many family friendly places on the lake and I take my kids to them and have seen many boats in the distance and have never felt threatened. Going through life so preoccupied with how everyone acts ( not even on or with your property ) and while you are not in direct danger, must be a difficult way of life. Not liking noise, that is not to your way of life, is unrealistic. I for one don't like to here a baby cry in a restaurant or movie theater, but I wouldn't take their pictures and videos and post them all over the internet hoping to start a movement.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Boating - Page 2 Empty An UNRELIABLE source

Post  obervantone Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:51 pm

As I mentioned earlier.  I am using the video and information that YOU provided.  YOU stated that your camera location was a half mile from the opposite shore and the boats in the video were obviously not on the opposite shore so if YOU provided UNRELIABLE data then all comments will be incorrect.  Now you are saying that the shore is a mile and a quarter from your camera location and the boats are a half mile away.  That would make them 18 times the distance from the headway speed zone.  

APSound is correct.  You really need to get a life beyond trying to cause grief for people out for a safe, lawful and enjoyable afternoon on the water.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:00 pm

obervantone wrote:"...APSound is correct.  You really need to get a life beyond trying to cause grief for people out for a safe, lawful and enjoyable afternoon on the water..."

Yeah...You're a real majority...

Rolling Eyes

You think "a few bad apples" could result in a drastic reduction against immature and noisy boaters regarding the noise law I've just documented?

Suspect 

Do you like Detroit?

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:37 pm

I used the Bizer paper chart and measured from the end of Johnson Cove to the opposite shore line because it's about halfway through Winter Harbor and is the widest point until you get to the mouth where it empties into the main lake in order to determine that Winter Harbor is about a half mile wide.

Just think of it News Hawk, a ranch on the High Plains, no "scofflaw noisy stinky boats" to deal with, just tumbleweeds and gunfire. Right up your alley!
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Wait... Isn't WH a landing strip for planes!!!! OMG! The poor children. These things land and take off over 45 mph!!! Also can you imagine the noise!!! Oh the Humanity!
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:21 pm

APSound wrote:I think many have stated it wasn't a race, do you have proof and did you get their speed documented?    

You don't have to believe your Lyin' Eyes, but this is as "documented" as a wide-angle video can be!

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:59 pm

News Hawk wrote:
APSound wrote:I think many have stated it wasn't a race, do you have proof and did you get their speed documented?    

You don't have to believe your Lyin' Eyes, but this is as "documented" as a wide-angle video can be!

He means documented by radar.. How pathetic are you really?
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:19 pm

I'm curious as to why these boats had to go into Winter Harbor and go full blast from one end to the other.

To me the broads would have been a better and safer place to see how fast your boat would go.

The small boat that appears to have caught up and passed the other ones was probably the fastest boat shown on the video.

I would hope that whoever planned this didn't do it just to make a certain person upset.

If that was the motive then it sure worked out for you.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:26 pm

These "fun runs" are normally planned to meet in a cove or bay that is at the mid-point of the lake. This way people do not have to travel from one end of the lake to the other simply to return to where they started.

Also, when people meet up they normally have to wait for everyone to gather. You usually want to be in an area that is not too congested so you do not cause any issues for people traveling through. Also, as you sit and wait for people to arrive you are doing just that sitting. You don't want to be in the middle of the broads where there could be wakes to make it uncomfortable.

Watching the video, having been in WH countless times, and I believe I know some of the boats there is no way they are doing anything illegal. Far from Full Blast.. You would definitely have known that even from this poor excuse of a documented video.

Cool 
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:50 pm

So you all met at the lower end of the Harbor and were in a hurry to get somewhere else after that. You couldn't have met anywhere in the Harbor but at the far end and then go like a bat out of hell to mouth of it.

I don't but it.

Going what appears to be full throttle for some boats in that video was done to send a message to someone.

You can keep saying you didn't break any laws and it was just a typical fun run, but that video shows something else.

Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:04 pm

I wasn't there.. Again, I live in FL now.. Hopefully will be back for this summer. I haven't decided whether to bring the boat.

The video is clearly too far away for me to try to prove to you otherwise. We can agree to disagree. But knowing some of those boats... FAR FAR FAR from full throttle.

Winter Harbor and the Seaplane cove are well known areas to boaters. It fit the needs and if APS was terrified by legal exhaust and boats legally leaving to go for a last run on the lake for the summer than that is his problem.

From what I heard, everyone had a very good time and the meeting spot worked out great for everyone (other than APS) so probably will be one of many to come. I only hope OCD can be in there but that is a long long haul just to be scrutinized for months later for doing nothing but enjoying oneself.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:56 pm

PLEASE REMEMBER IT IS AGAINST FORUM RULES TO DISCLOSE WHERE SOMEONE LIVES.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:06 pm

WHL wrote:PLEASE REMEMBER IT IS AGAINST FORUM RULES TO DISCLOSE WHERE SOMEONE LIVES.  

I just noticed that you deleted the map of Winter Harbor which showed where I "think" the video was shot.

First of all NH posted a video of Winter Harbor and it doesn't take a genius as to where it was shot. I never said he lived there, I just said I "think" that is where it was shot.

Why did you let NH post the video of where he lives if we can't post about the location???

I've worked in that area many times and know it very well.

So please tell me your logic of deleting my post.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:31 pm

Achigan wrote:
WHL wrote:PLEASE REMEMBER IT IS AGAINST FORUM RULES TO DISCLOSE WHERE SOMEONE LIVES.  

I just noticed that you deleted the map of Winter Harbor which showed where I "think" the video was shot.

First of all NH posted a video of Winter Harbor and it doesn't take a genius as to where it was shot.  I never said he lived there, I just said I "think" that is where it was shot.

Why did you let NH post the video of where he lives if we can't post about the location???

Actually until it was deleted I didn't know that is where he was. I just thought you were measuring the eastern part of winter harbor where the run took place. Based on the video I had a good idea however, this just confirmed it.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Boating - Page 2 Empty Two Innocents Dead...

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:36 pm

obervantone wrote:"...If your goal is to rid the lake of boats that you fear..."

You might recall the most outspoken of your ilk: but she struck an island (that wasn't moving).

Another, who was described as "an experienced Ocean-Racer" struck Jack Hartman (while he was moving).

In other words, if there's any fear, it's from the clowns that believe they're "Heroes".

No 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:37 pm

sumrluvr wrote:
Achigan wrote:

First of all NH posted a video of Winter Harbor and it doesn't take a genius as to where it was shot.  I never said he lived there, I just said I "think" that is where it was shot.

Actually until it was deleted I didn't know that is where he was. I just thought you were measuring the eastern part of winter harbor where the run took place. Based on the video I had a good idea however, this just confirmed it.

My wording above the map said:  This is where I "think" the video was shot and measured the distance to the other side.  The video states that it is Winter Harbor and I know the area very well so I went to google maps and posted where I "think" where it was shot.  If NH lives there then he is the one who revealed it.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Boating - Page 2 Empty Ergo, sum...

Post  News Hawk Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:44 pm

Achigan wrote:
My wording above the map said:  This is where I "think" the video was shot and measured the distance to the other side.  The video states that it is Winter Harbor and I know the area very well so I went to google maps and posted where I "think" where it was shot.  If NH lives there then he is the one who revealed it.

You disclosed the location of my Florida residence.

(Against forum rules).

However, nobody rents at my Florida location.

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 pm

News Hawk wrote:
Achigan wrote:

You disclosed the location of my Florida residence.

(Against forum rules).

However, nobody rents at my Florida location.

No

Then why don't you tell the Admin to remove the "who's on line" tab at the bottom of the front page.
When you open that tab it shows a map of where everyone is located.

I did nothing wrong if this forum gives someone the ability to see the map.

Also you constantly talk about where you live in Wolfeboro, your parents, pictures of what you have done...in-fact I've see where you even posedt an article that was in the news paper that you wrote.

It doesn't matter anyway...who gives a shit who you are or where you live. As far as I'm concerned you are just a troll in all the forum you are in. A trouble maker who loves to stir the pot.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Like I said.. He brings it upon himself..
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next