Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rand Paul filed his class-action lawsuit against the Obama administration

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rand Paul filed his class-action lawsuit against the Obama administration  Empty Rand Paul filed his class-action lawsuit against the Obama administration

Post  Outerlimits Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Rand Paul files class-action suit vs. NSA

Sen. Rand Paul on Wednesday officially filed his class-action lawsuit against the Obama administration over National Security Agency data collection, joining with two prominent tea party leaders to make the announcement.
Paul, a libertarian-leaning Kentucky Republican and potential presidential contender, inveighed against NSA surveillance and promised a “historic” lawsuit. He and his allies hope to take the case, which focuses on the NSA’s gathering of telephone metadata, to the Supreme Court.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/rand-paul-national-security-agency-lawsuit-103423.html#ixzz2t91EYjpY

A United States Senator with the whole of United States Federal Government and United States Constitution behind him...files a civil suit.

Bravo Senator Paul.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Rand Paul filed his class-action lawsuit against the Obama administration  Empty Re: Rand Paul filed his class-action lawsuit against the Obama administration

Post  News Buzzard Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:27 pm

That nut job has never seen a camera he didn't like! I hope they subpoena Bush and Cheney for some historical perspective on their allegations.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Rand Paul filed his class-action lawsuit against the Obama administration  Empty Re: Rand Paul filed his class-action lawsuit against the Obama administration

Post  Outerlimits Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Clinton (yes Clinton)  started the program. George W. Bush put it into action.  Obama put it on steroids.  Unfortunately Obama is squatting in the Whitehouse making him the responsible party NOW.

If the liberals weren't so hypocritical, they'd be 100% behind Senator Paul.

So why are you chastising a man for challenging the NSA?

Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act...in case you were wondering.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:42 pm

What a waste of time and money just to get attention.

The Justice Department said:  “We remain confident that the Section 215 telephone metadata program is legal, as at least 15 judges have previously found.”
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:00 pm

What did I tell you they would say about Rand Paul? NB is one of the liberals to try to destroy Rand Paul by labeling him as a nut job. This is getting old-the liberals labeling their enemies as stupid, nutty, etc. But I guess it's effective and as long as the low information voters believe them, they will continue.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Below is what Rand wants the court to do...seems like a waste of time to me. We'll just spend taxpayers money so that Rand can look like a hero to his followers.

WHEREFORE Plaintiffs and class members respectfully request that the Court:

1. Declare that the Mass Associational Tracking Program violates the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution;

2. Permanently enjoin Defendants from conducting or operating the MATP;

3. Order Defendants to purge from their possession, custody, and control all of the telephone metadata collected, stored, retained, and searched about Plaintiffs and class members pursuant to the MATP, regardless where held or by whom;

4. Certify the suit as a class action under Rule 23(b)(2) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure;

5. Issue an order establishing procedures enabling Plaintiffs’ counsel to obtain required security clearances to adequately conduct discovery or otherwise litigate the case properly;

6. Award Plaintiffs’ fees and costs pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 2412; and

7. Such other and further relief as the Court deems just and proper
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:29 pm

WHL wrote:What did I tell you they would say about Rand Paul?  NB is one of the  liberals to try to destroy Rand Paul by labeling him as a nut job. This is getting old-the liberals labeling their enemies as stupid, nutty, etc.  But I guess it's effective and as long as the low information voters believe them, they will continue.

I have yet to receive a satisfactory answer as to when, specifically, proggers ceased being, in least in rhetoric, in favor of civil liberties.

I guess they only care when a Red Teamer is doing to someone they admire.

But even that doesn't explain it all...Robert F. Kennedy signed off on COINTELPRO ops, some of which were directed at Martin Luther King.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:11 pm

Yes, they are very biased.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:20 pm

I'd much rather spend tax money on this than more drones.

I know you don't care about privacy, but some of us do.

Achigan wrote:Below is what Rand wants the court to do...seems like a waste of time to me.  We'll just spend taxpayers money so that Rand can look like a hero to his followers.

WHEREFORE Plaintiffs and class members respectfully request that the Court:

1. Declare that the Mass Associational Tracking Program violates the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution;

2. Permanently enjoin Defendants from conducting or operating the MATP;

3. Order Defendants to purge from their possession, custody, and control all of the telephone metadata collected, stored, retained, and searched about Plaintiffs and class members pursuant to the MATP, regardless where held or by whom;

4. Certify the suit as a class action under Rule 23(b)(2) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure;

5. Issue an order establishing procedures enabling Plaintiffs’ counsel to obtain required security clearances to adequately conduct discovery or otherwise litigate the case properly;

6. Award Plaintiffs’ fees and costs pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 2412; and

7. Such other and further relief as the Court deems just and proper
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:40 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:I'd much rather spend tax money on this than more drones.

I will worry about it when the day comes that I have lost my privacy.

I still believe that this country is the best place to live regardless if it has some faults.

If you want to live the rest of your life worrying about other people, then good for you.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Achigan wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:I'd much rather spend tax money on this than more drones.

I will worry about it when the day comes that I have lost my privacy.

I still believe that this country is the best place to live regardless if it has some faults.

If you want to live the rest of your life worrying about other people, then good for you.

You're being told and shown, very clearly, how you have.

If you want to spend the rest of your life ignoring that, then, good for you.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:33 am

God some people are so oblivious to life around them. They live in their own little bubble.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:43 am

The only thing Rand Paul cares about is Rand Paul. If a United States Senator has a problem with existing practice or legislation, he or she tries to change said legislation from within, because he or she is an elected legislator! Not Rand Paul! He has to sue Obama in front of all the TV cameras! What an original thought process! I bet no one has thought of suing Obama before!  Rolling Eyes 

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rand_paul_nsa_lawsuit_plagiarized
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:56 am

News Buzzard wrote:The only thing Rand Paul cares about is Rand Paul. If a United States Senator has a problem with existing practice or legislation, he or she tries to change said legislation from within, because he or she is an elected legislator! Not Rand Paul! He has to sue Obama in front of all the TV cameras! What an original thought process! I bet no one has thought of suing Obama before!  Rolling Eyes 

Good find NB, thanks for posting that.

As the article states, this isn't the first time Rand has had a plagiarism issue.

Now I see why Anti follows this guy, they both are just copy and paste freaks.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:14 am

News Buzzard wrote:The only thing Rand Paul cares about is Rand Paul. If a United States Senator has a problem with existing practice or legislation, he or she tries to change said legislation from within, because he or she is an elected legislator! Not Rand Paul! He has to sue Obama in front of all the TV cameras! What an original thought process! I bet no one has thought of suing Obama before!  Rolling Eyes 

Your response is a riot given the fact that YOUR president NEVER wants to change things from within! How many times did we see him on tv say he has a phone and he can make executive orders, he doesn't need Congress?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:38 am

WHL wrote:

Your response is a riot given the fact that YOUR president NEVER wants to change things from within!  How many times did we see him on tv say he has a phone and he can make executive orders, he doesn't need Congress?

President Obama would use Congress if there was one. Unfortunately we don't have one so OUR President has to use whatever constitutional powers he has to get things done.
We are lucky to have a President that wants to get things done for ALL Americans.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 am

Very good point, Achigan. The Republicans in Congress decided on day 1 that they were not going to work with Obama, and then point the finger at him for lack of cooperation. Obama shouldn't have to wine and dine the Republican goofballs to get them to do their job!

"Our number 1 priority is to make Obama a 1 term president!" Mitch McConnell, 2010   Rolling Eyes
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:22 am

You are too funny News Buzzard

Senator Rand Paul is a member of the MINORITY party. What chance does he have in getting the Obama to do anything?

Remember Senator Rand Paul's 12 hour filibuster on this subject.  Did Obama reconsider his opinion?  Was he willing to talk?

Reid doesn't give bills that are passed by the House the light of day. So really...what options does he have?

How can you honestly say Obama should rule by executive fiat because the congress is broken and it is the only way to get things done.

YET, If Senator Rand Paul wants to get things accomplished; he should ONLY work through the same broken congress. It is extremely hypocritical of you to cry foul on a Senator Paul’s lawsuit considering your guy’s track record with the courts.

You still have not answered how can you Liberals honestly be for Government domestic spying programs where the government spies on its own citizens without any suspicion, probable cause, and/or warrants?

Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:40 am

Outerlimits wrote:You still have not answered how can you Liberals honestly be for Government domestic spying programs where the government spies on its own citizens without any suspicion, probable cause, and/or warrants?

I think you are referring to a common practice during the Bush Administration that has since been corrected by law. Collecting data on phone calls and spying are 2 different things. The government still needs a warrant to listen to your phone calls, and by the way, the NSA was established in 1952, long before Bill Clinton.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:56 am

News Buzzard wrote:
Outerlimits wrote:You still have not answered how can you Liberals honestly be for Government domestic spying programs where the government spies on its own citizens without any suspicion, probable cause, and/or warrants?

I think you are referring to a common practice during the Bush Administration that has since been corrected by law. Collecting data on phone calls and spying are 2 different things. The government still needs a warrant to listen to your phone calls, and by the way, the NSA was established in 1952, long before Bill Clinton.

That should answer anyone's question about when this all started and the hard work that this administration is doing to see that all the laws are followed. We are lucky to have a President who cares about the privacy of all Americans.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:18 am

Fortunately you two will not be the ones to decide this.

The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

So on what ground can you possibly state that The U.S. Government can SEIZE Metadata from phone calls, texts and emails?

The Obama Administration has not fixed the Patriot Act. They increased its reach.

Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:32 am

And what gives the TSA the right to go through our luggage at the airports, Outerlimits? In this day and age of terrorism where do we draw the line on our protections under the Fourth Amendment? The first unwise thing to do is sue the President Of The United States!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:51 pm

While I am no fan of the TSA and what they do, there is somewhat of a choice there. There is also a disclaimer with every ticket. One can choose not to fly. It is much harder no opt out of all electronic communication.

What exactly is wrong about filing suit? (other than it being against your guy) If you are fine with the collection of data on yourself, that’s great. Why shouldn’t the people of this country who believe in the Constitution have adequate representation? The majority of those in this country are against the collection of metadata.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:10 pm

All of a sudden you believe in selective application of the 4th Amendment, which requires either probable cause or a warrant (based on probable cause) to search your personal effects, such as luggage. The TSA usually has neither to search your bags, and the collection of metadata of phone records is nowhere near as personal as some stranger from the TSA rifling through your Fruit of the Looms! We dare not lock our luggage anymore because the TSA will destroy your lock in violation of the protection of one's personal property clause. To summarize; the TSA now has the right to destroy your personal property and thoroughly search your luggage without any probable cause or warrant, but it's not OK for the NSA to snag metadata on phone transmissions, even though they need a warrant to wiretap your phone conversation!

How is that not a copout?

I repeat that Rand Paul is just looking for face time on camera to further advance his personal agenda. His lawsuit has nothing to do with his caring for ordinary citizens. If he gave a crap about the people he represented he would spend more time in Kentucky, where he belongs!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:19 pm

If we had a real president the Congress would go along with him.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next