Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bergdahl a Hero?

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bergdahl a Hero? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergdahl a Hero?

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:30 am

You never leave a soldier in the field, no matter how loud the right wing zealots cry !

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/barack-obama-bowe-bergdahl-no-apology-107477.html?hp=r8
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Bergdahl a Hero? - Page 2 Empty White House Calls Bergdahl’s Fellow-Soldiers LIERS...

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:38 pm

There are no depths to which the Obama syndicate will not sink, in order to suppress and destroy the truth. And there is no tactic too demeaning for them to use against their enemies. The White House Officially Turns Against the Soldiers Obama Commands.

The soldiers who served with deserter Bowe Bergdahl knew about his desertion in 2009 and the note and emails he had left behind.

Bergdahl said he was “ashamed to be an American.” In 2012 even left leaning Rolling Stone Magazine reported emails Bergdahl had sent to his parents condemning the US Military and Americans in general:...
—cfp

No 

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Bergdahl a Hero? - Page 2 Empty ALL Seventeen of'em !

Post  News Hawk Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Muslim Alliance, Code Pink, Assemble:

Members of Code Pink gathered in front of the White House today to welcome home Bowe Bergdahl, who is reportedly in a military hospital in Germany. They were joined by representatives of Veterans for Peace, ANSWER Coalition and the American Muslim Alliance.

A slightly wider angle shows a rather cozy gathering, with signs calling for an end to the war in Afghanistan and the closure of Guantanamo.
—Twitchy

Bergdahl a Hero? - Page 2 Bpy5BmpCcAATeM7
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:11 am

It would have been fine and dandy if Bush traded those same 5 guys for Bergdahl ! It's amazing when a US Veteran gives up on a US Soldier, and it's only because Obama is involved. I never thought racism ran that deep in this country.  Shocked
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Bergdahl a Hero? - Page 2 Empty ONLY Veterans Recognize Desertion When They See It?

Post  News Hawk Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 am

Excuses from the Obama Administration:

1. Health in danger

2. Previously consulted with congress

3. Swiftboating

4. It was an oversight, sorry

5. Platoon full of psychopaths

6. Taliban threated to kill

7. "What difference does it make?"

8. Stockholm Syndrome

9. PTSD

10. No evidence converted to Islam, fraternized with Taliban, and declared jihad

11. Physically abused, confined in cage

12. Racism

13. Moderate Taliban

14. “Raggedy" platoon

15. "No matter what, to leave an American behind in the hands of people who would torture him, cut of his head, do any number of things"
16. Obama broke unconstitutional law (that he signed)

17. Wasn't only soldier to 'walk off' post

18. Only tenuous link to U.S. deaths

19.“PR campaign by Republicans” ... to “muddy the waters”

20. Hagel, NOT Obama, made the final call on #Bergdahl swap, (see also #16)

21. The Taliban Five aren't as bad as you think, three were governors

22. Decision made day before

23. Taliban Five akin to soldiers in American Revolution

24. Taliban ‘part of the fabric Of Afghanistan’ — not ‘terrorists’

25. "The president made the ultimate decision."

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:57 pm

News Buzzard wrote:It would have been fine and dandy if Bush traded those same 5 guys for Bergdahl ! It's amazing when a US Veteran gives up on a US Soldier, and it's only because Obama is involved. I never thought racism ran that deep in this country.  Shocked
NO, it wouldn't have been fine and dandy.  I do hope however, that Bush wouldn't do such a thing especially without consulting Congress.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:58 pm

WHL wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:It would have been fine and dandy if Bush traded those same 5 guys for Bergdahl ! It's amazing when a US Veteran gives up on a US Soldier, and it's only because Obama is involved. I never thought racism ran that deep in this country.  Shocked
NO, it wouldn't have been fine and dandy.  I do hope however, that Bush wouldn't do such a thing especially without consulting Congress.

Yeah right, Bush only let over 500 prisoners go.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:48 pm

George W. Bush was WRONG to release those 500 prisoners. Many of them ended up back in the battlefield and killed Americans. So yes, letting those prisoners go was a horrific mistake.

Obama released the top 5 terrorists we had in captivity. One of them has already come out publically and vowed to reenter the battle against the America.

Can you admit letting these five terrorists go was wrong?
Can you admit after learning what happened last time the U.S. released prisoners for GITMO it would show terrible judgment to do it again?

Of course you won’t admit it because Obama is your god.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:21 pm

You never leave an American soldier out in the field ! McCain said it, McChrystal said it, Hagel said it, and so did many others. You're just trying to bash Obama with this one, and that line is getting old.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Exactly right, Outer.  At least we can admit when Bush was wrong, unlike NB and NP who think Obama is God and can do no wrong no matter what he does.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bergdahl a Hero? - Page 2 Empty VA Wasted Millions on Ads, Green Energy

Post  News Hawk Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:58 pm

News Buzzard wrote:You never leave an American soldier out in the field !

The man was a deserter of our armed forces. Leaving your post in WWII would get a deserter what? We have real hero-patriots who have been given what Washington calls, "free healthcare".

The Washington Free Beacon’s Ellison Barber appeared on Neil Cavuto’s Your World to discuss a Free Beacon report on excessive VA spending. The report reveals that the Department of Veterans Affairs spent more than $1 billion on projects like ad campaigns, finance audits, and for green energy.

This comes on the heels of the Veterans Affairs’ scandal that denied necessary and timely medical coverage to America’s most loyal patriots- our veterans.

Washington Free Beacon
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:16 pm

News Hawk wrote:The man was a deserter of our armed forces.

Please refresh my memory: When was the official hearing on Sgt Bergdahl's alleged desertion? What date did that occur on, and when was the conclusion announced that he did in fact desert his platoon ?

I will be waiting for your response.  Rolling Eyes
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:30 pm

News Buzzard wrote:

Please refresh my memory: When was the official hearing on Sgt Bergdahl's alleged desertion? What date did that occur on, and when was the conclusion announced that he did in fact desert his platoon ?

lol! He thinks he's the "Amazing Carnac"....
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:39 pm

News Buzzard wrote:

The answer can be found in the media:

(CNN) -- The sense of pride expressed by officials of the Obama administration at the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is not shared by many of those who served with him: veterans and soldiers who call him a deserter whose "selfish act" ended up costing the lives of better men.

"I was pissed off then, and I am even more so now with everything going on," said former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009.[b] "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war, and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

If you're saying that Bergdahl hasn't had the benefit of a trial, I'd agree with you—but many of his peers have called him a deserter.

Will he be tried before a jury of his peers?

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:02 pm

The answer can be found in the media:

Oh, the very same "media" that you refer to as the "drive-by media"? How convenient...
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:39 pm

News Buzzard wrote:...Please refresh my memory: When was the official hearing on Sgt Bergdahl's alleged desertion? What date did that occur on, and when was the conclusion announced that he did in fact desert his platoon ?

That is a difference without distinction.  Either way he left.

The Army administratively classified Bergdahl a deserter back in 2009, he will not be a designated as a deserter until he is found guilty by trial (if Obama allows that).   At best Bergdahl was AWOL, at worst a collaborator.  

Now suggesting his platoon was the reason he left and that is somehow excusable is just another weak and pathetic diversion put out there by the Obama propaganda machine.

Nice parroting job there by the way.  Do you get paid for this or do you do it out of love?   Laughing 

Of course Obama wants the focus on Bergdahl not the five jihadists he released.

Next you will be agreeing with Hillary when she stated the recently released “Taliban 5” are not a threat to the United States.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:59 pm

Outerlimits wrote:Now suggesting his platoon was the reason he left and that is somehow excusable is just another weak and pathetic diversion put out there by the Obama propaganda machine.

Where did I make that suggestion ? The fact that the 3 stooges, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld put a platoon of only 2 dozen guys all by themselves out in a very hostile area of Afghanistan may have led to Bergdahl's despair, but the bottom line is we're supposed to give the guy the presumption of innocence prior to his hearing. As far as the prisoner exchange goes it was approved by generals and even John McCain back in February, so this is not something brought to us out of the blue by Obama. As far as the 30 day notice rule, the Republicans can take a long walk off a short pier. You can't legislate away the presidents rights under Article 2 of the Constitution, and Obama said that in his signing statement when he signed the legislation. Remember the Constitution ? You guys like to refer to that all the time !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:26 pm

Laughing ...oh there you go again! This is the "fact-free " zone...
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:25 am

News Buzzard wrote: Where did I make that suggestion ? The fact that the 3 stooges, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld put a platoon of only 2 dozen guys all by themselves out in a very hostile area of Afghanistan may have led to Bergdahl's despair, but the bottom line is we're supposed to give the guy the presumption of innocence prior to his hearing. As far as the prisoner exchange goes it was approved by generals and even John McCain back in February, so this is not something brought to us out of the blue by Obama. As far as the 30 day notice rule, the Republicans can take a long walk off a short pier. You can't legislate away the presidents rights under Article 2 of the Constitution, and Obama said that in his signing statement when he signed the legislation. Remember the Constitution ? You guys like to refer to that all the time !

You just did it again... suggesting Bergdahl's actions might somehow be warranted...because of Bush  Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Back to the point.

Personally I don’t care what McCain said and quite frankly anyone that supports the Bergdahl for terrorist swap is just as dumb as Obama.

Step back from you blind partisanship for a moment.

Do you think letting these five terrorists go was a good idea?

Pantsuit McAnkles, was also dead wrong.  These five men are a huge threat to this country they are not Pakistan and Afghanistan’s problem, they are once again OUR problem.  They will return to the battlefield and they will kill Americans again.  Why she interjected herself into the conversation is beyond me. The very idea borders on insanity no matter who approved the damn thing but we know who approved it.

THIS DEAL IS OBAMA'S and no one else.

The insinuation the McCain’s approval somehow justifies this is absurd.  

The Obama Administration is in a full tail spin. Obama again has placed Political outcome before the needs of America.

The VA
Iraq
Our southern boarder

Just the recent examples of Obama’s political expediency resulting in endangerment of our citizens.

Of course you believe he is doing a great job.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:08 pm

Outerlimits wrote:Do you think letting these five terrorists go was a good idea?

Yup, and here is McCain in his own words to Anderson Cooper back in February:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/06/03/cnn-lets-john-mccain-off-the-hook-for-shifting/199561

I already posted that but I guess you missed it. Here is something else I already posted:

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/06/03/3444366/former-bush-official-blasts-gop-bush-would-have-agreed-to-bergdahl-swap/

I agree with Bellinger and McCain, among other officials who have spoken on the issue.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:00 pm

News Buzzard wrote:"...I agree with Bellinger and McCain, among other officials who have spoken on the issue..."

"Crossing the aisle", aren't you?

scratch

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:55 pm

News Buzzard wrote:"...You never leave an American soldier out in the field ...!

We don’t leave any American behind - Obama

Does Obama include the American contractors trapped by ISIS?

pale 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Is 0bama a Sunni or a Shi’a?

scratch

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:22 pm

by Jon Williams

As an Army Veteran who was working as a contractor attached to the 25th Infantry Division (same Division as Bergdahl) in a nearby FOB when Bowe Bergdahl went missing, I feel the need to speak out on the situation (notice I don’t ascribe rank to him, I will address that later).

A few days ago, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel took the stage at Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan and excitedly started with what he thought would be a big applause line. “We got him back!” he exclaimed.

Silence.

Not. Even. One. Clap.

Numerous White House leaks show that Obama and his team were convinced that Americans would greet the news of a returning POW with elation; that this would be the great moment in Obama’s second term. This shows just how clueless they are about the military. Let me clue them in.

You see, when Hagel took the stage, he expected joy at the announcement that one of their own was returned! However, you have to see inside a soldier’s mind to understand what was going on here. I believe I can provide a little insight.

When a soldier deserts his post, when he writes that he is ashamed to be an American, when he gives the enemy secrets (and he did), he is no longer “one of us”. He is a traitor. He is not a brother-in-arms.

Soldiers risk their lives for each other every day on the battlefield, there is a trust and respect they have for each other. For Bowe Bergdahl to break that trust and the Secretary of Defense to announce a hero’s welcome instead of a court-martial is a huge let-down.

He isn't one of their own. He is one of them. He is the enemy.

That's not something to celebrate.

The message the White House is sending is that they value treason more than honorable service.

Read that last sentence again. Let it sink in. THIS is what every soldier is thinking.

In a soldier’s mind serving with honor means finishing your tour, even if you disagree with the way things are done. All bets are off if you serve with dishonor.

I do not refer to Bergdahl as a sergeant, even though he received “automatic” promotions while in the Taliban’s custody because according to law, after 30 days his rank and pay should have been stripped from him. Due to political pressure, his was not. In fact, he probably has over $200,000 in cash waiting in his bank account. In my opinion, this money should be given to the families of the soldiers who died in the aftermath of his desertion.

Bowe Bergdahl deserted his post. He served with dishonor. I know that firsthand. Our soldiers know that. They know they risk their lives every day. They don’t get a hero’s welcome from the White House, they get fewer meals (due to budget constraints) and less safety equipment (due to the drawdown).

Let me be perfectly clear. A Rose Garden Ceremony, a “hero’s welcome”, and automatic promotions to a person that deserted is nothing more than a slap in the face to every service member who has served honorably.

That, Mr. President and Mr. Hagel, is why soldiers aren’t clapping and applauding for you. That is why you have lost any remaining respect from the military community.
http://www.iamatexan.com/blog/

What I said...

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Bergdahl a Hero? - Page 2 Tea-bag-dipped
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next