Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers?

+4
sumrluvr
Donzel
WHL
News Hawk
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers? - Page 5 Empty Re: Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers?

Post  Amy B Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:19 pm

sumrluvr wrote:Amy you continue to prove my point about you and your crowd. Instead of discussing what the Winnfabs are doing now or providing a shred of evidence of what the SL has positively done for the lake...
Nor has your group provided a shred of evidence that the SL has hurt the lake (and no, 2 year old stats for the whole state just don't cut it and any relationship they may have to the SL is sadly lacking). Repeating over and over perceived economic chaos just doesn't make it the truth.

My husband and I ventured into town today. At the card store the lady said business was way up this summer over previous years. At the hardware store he said he wasn't sure but it seemed busier to him.  At the pharmacy the manager said things were such that it looked like a banner year, way better than last year. And at the grocery store, the older lady who has been there for years said business was way up over the last few years and they have been hiring. And no Sumr, I did not get notarized statements, confirmed by a C.P.A. who had one hand on the Bible. But the gloom and doom scenario espoused by the fast boaters to bolster their agenda just doesn't seem to pan out.

Just like the rooster may take credit for the sun rising, it seems the go fast crowd would attribute any little bit of adverse economic data to the SL. Yes there may be a few blips here and there: Tequila sales may be down a bit but it may well be overshadowed by an increase in ice cream sales.  I think few would argue to take a chance with the lake's region's economic recovery by potentially driving away the family boaters as per Mr. Blodgett's letter.

As for the so called "personal attacks", take a good look at some of your responses to my initial posts. Perhaps if you didn't denigrate people's personal opinions, to which they are perfectly entitled to based on their knowledge and observations, then you might see that people respond to you differently as well. I do say, for someone who seems so involved in political issues, you seem to be rather thin skinned. And your political aspirations may be somewhat self limited when your threshold for going into the attack mode seems so low.

So those are my opinions, based on observations, what I read, hear, and my knowledge of the lake's region over the years. You're entitled to your opinions as well. But they are no more based on facts and no more valid than mine. We've now had a speed limit for 5 years. Things are unlikely to change (upwards anyway). Enjoy the summer. Amy

Last edited by Amy B on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers? - Page 5 Empty Re: Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers?

Post  Donzel Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Very well written Amy B. It is a pleasure to read your posts because the flow and logic that you write makes very good sense.

You sound like a well educated person. Glad to have on this forum.

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Well thank you!
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5