Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers?

+4
sumrluvr
Donzel
WHL
News Hawk
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers?

Post  sumrluvr Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:58 am

Amy B wrote:
sumrluvr wrote:
A. Hold on to your beloved speed limit while you can. Smarter heads will prevail.
I imagine some of the cowboys on Lake George said the same thing 20 years ago. Fortunately the speed limit on our lake was supported by the highest margin yet in a House represented in part by some of the most reactionary right wing members in recent history, most of whom were sent packing after the last election.  Good luck. C U in Concord.
You won't see me.. I have moved to FL remember? But SBONH is not a one man band nor a one hit wonder. They are still going strong and continuing to grow..

Why let the facts get in the way though.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers?

Post  WHL Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Hold on to your beloved speed limit while you can. Smarter heads will prevail.

I hope you are right about that, sumr. The speed limit is such a joke. It is the least of our worries on the lake. You just repeated what I have been saying, the speed limit supporters blame speed for what alcohol has done. They are not one in the same. Just because a gun can kill and a knife can kill, you can't blame the knife if the gun did it. (Course you can't blame either, you blame the person who shot it.)

I do agree with NH though. We could do with less rudeness from some people on the lake. People really aren't overall as nice as they were years ago. But that is true of anything, I think. It reminds me of when I quite winter skiing. The final straw was when I was standing on the mountain to rest and someone ran right over the back of my skiis. I said then, it's just not like it used to be.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:51 pm

WHL wrote: Hold on to your beloved speed limit while you can. Smarter heads will prevail.

I hope you are right about that, sumr.  The speed limit is such a joke.  It is the least of our worries on the lake.  You just repeated what I have been saying, the speed limit supporters blame speed for what alcohol has done.  They are not one in the same.  Just because a gun can kill and a knife can kill, you can't blame the knife if the gun did it.  (Course you can't blame either, you blame the person who shot it.)

I do agree with NH though.  We could do with less rudeness from some people on the lake.  People really aren't overall as nice as they were years ago.  But that is true of anything, I think.  It reminds me of when I  quite winter skiing.  The final straw was when I was standing on the mountain to rest and someone ran right over the back of my skiis.  I said then, it's just not like it used to be.
WHL.... You better be careful. You might get yelled at by Amy B for using common sense. You do realize that the winnfabs and supporters do not believe in logic and facts. It is apparently not something you should be proud of. Laughing 

As for your other point society as a whole has become less polite. We can only do our part to stem the tide and teach our children about what is considered appropriate.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Are you in Vermont? sunny hahahaha, I crack myself up

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:24 pm

I just heard of some friends who had to post their property as rafters were abusing it. They were going on their land and letting their dogs as well as themselves do you know what. I hope the posting helps, I feel sorry for them. People do have a nerve and spoil it for others who are perfectly fine.

I think the speed limit is responsible for what is being left on their land, don't you?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:31 pm

WHL wrote:

I think the speed limit is responsible for what is being left on their land, don't you?
It can't be WHL... It was supposed to solve all the lakes problems.

I bet you are proud of yourself WHL! HAHAHAHA Laughing 
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:35 pm

WHL wrote:I just heard of some friends who had to post their property as rafters were abusing it.  They were going on their land and letting their dogs as well as themselves do you know what.  I hope the posting helps, I feel sorry for them.  People do have a nerve and spoil it for others who are perfectly fine.

Maybe that was the noise and smell some are complaining about? Or was it a large dog and didn't see that he was pooping on a child? Small dogs are best, lower noise, pollution and are safer to see around!

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:37 pm

APSound wrote:
WHL wrote:I just heard of some friends who had to post their property as rafters were abusing it.  They were going on their land and letting their dogs as well as themselves do you know what.  I hope the posting helps, I feel sorry for them.  People do have a nerve and spoil it for others who are perfectly fine.

Maybe that was the noise and smell some are complaining about? Or was it a large dog and didn't see that he was pooping on a child? Small dogs are best, lower noise, pollution and are safer to see around!
Earplugs help I have heard! LMAO!

I bet that dog is proud of himself.

He is an attention getter that is what he is! Not suited for the inland lakes. What a Face 
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:29 am

WHL wrote: "...I do agree with NH though.  We could do with less rudeness from some people on the lake.  People really aren't overall as nice as they were years ago.  But that is true of anything, I think.  It reminds me of when I  quite winter skiing.  The final straw was when I was standing on the mountain to rest and someone ran right over the back of my skiis.  I said then, it's just not like it used to be.
It's the ME-ME-ME-ME Generation.

No

A family member remarked about a nearby Rochester Police Report (pages and pages of complaints). I saw this one—below—and thought of all those new SBONH "switchable-exhaust" (safe) boaters who race themselves around, disturbing the elderly, the infirm, the ill—among all the others—of Winnipesaukee's resident taxpayers.

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers? - Page 4 P8170006-002_zpsafc4c082

...and Rochester-type problems are getting too close to Lake Winnipesaukee...!

affraid
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:05 am

What does a woman screaming in Rochester have to do with exhaust? And I would like to thank you, I haven't laughed do hard in the mornings as when I get to read your delusional posts.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 am

APSound wrote:What does a woman screaming in Rochester have to do with exhaust? And I would like to thank you, I haven't laughed do hard in the mornings as when I get to read your delusional posts.  
It's the woman who's delusional.

Like the lady, you like the sound of your loud boat—whether it intrudes on others or not. That's what's delusional.

Rolling Eyes
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:17 am

So now you want laws against yelling? Was she arrested?

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:26 am

APSound wrote:So now you want laws against yelling? Was she arrested?
Read the report: no one was around.

(Although the hour would indicate she could have be cited for "breaking the peace").
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 am

I read the report, just ridiculous that you link this to the lake and switchable exhaust. But that is how you build your case / cause and make people think that things "you" don't like will bring society to an end.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:11 pm

APSound wrote:I read the report, just ridiculous that you link this to the lake and switchable exhaust. But that is how you build your case / cause and make people think that things "you" don't like will bring society to an end.
Swastikas and Gang Symbols (in Rochester—above) are an indication of a society in decline. Maybe where you grew up, but not me. (Formerly of Melvin Village).

Still, it's the ME! ME! ME! Generation that wants changes to the peaceable areas of Lake Winnipesaukee—Golden Pond—that still exist.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:45 pm

APSound

Back to top Go down

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers? - Page 4 Empty Teeing it up for the hawk

Post  APSound Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:32 pm

This will become a power boat speed issue in the near future, please cut and paste from here to manipulate the truth so the beach closures are speed and boat related.......go!

BEACH cyanobacteria advisory ISSUED:

Beach: Glines Park Beach on Sondogardy Pond, Northfield
Last Sample Date: 8/19/13
Advisory issued: 8/19/13
Next sample date: 8/23/13,results available: 8/23/13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEACH cyanobacteria advisory REMAINS:

Beach: Silver Lake State Park Beach, Hollis
Advisory issued: 8/18/13
Next sample date: 8/20/13,results available: 8/20/13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEACH fecal bacteria advisory REMOVED:

None

BEACH fecal bacteria advisories REMAIN:

Beach: Mill Pond Town Beach, East Washington
Last Sample Date: 8/15/13
Advisory issued: 8/16/13
Next sample date: 8/19/13, results available: 8/20/13

Beach: Hood Pond, Derry
Last Sample Date: 8/15/13
Advisory issued: 8/16/13
Next sample date: 8/19/13, results available: 8/20/13

Beach: Darrah Pond Beach, Litchfield
Last Sample Date: 8/16/13
Advisory issued: 8/17/13
Next Sample date: TBD, results available the following day.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:18 pm

News Hawk wrote:
Swastikas and Gang Symbols (in Rochester—above) are an indication of a society in decline. Maybe where you grew up, but not me. (Formerly of Melvin Village).

Still, it's the ME! ME! ME! Generation that wants changes to the peaceable areas of Lake Winnipesaukee—Golden Pond—that still exist.
Yes...as others have noted:

LETTER
Gen X mentality

'Rick Blodgett, Concord'

For the Monitor
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Email
Print
Comments ()
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on gmail More Sharing Services
Re 'Boating activist has need for speed' (Monitor front page, April 20):

I have always dreamed of owning a sports car that would go 150-plus mph, so can I persuade the Legislature to change the speed limit on Interstate 93?

According to Scott Verdonck I should be able to.

Verdonck's typical Generation X mentality is, 'If I want something, I am entitled to it.'

Some of his comments sound like he is ready to have a temper tantrum if he doesn't get a place to drive his boat - in particular, 'His group will drop the issue (speed limit repeal) next session if this 'compromise bill' passes.' Is that a veiled threat?

A smart man would have waited until the speed limit trial expired before buying his go-fast boat and having things turn the way they did. But, last I checked, there was lots of room between idle and full throttle. Or, better still, he could take the boat to the ocean, where he can go as fast as he wants, as long as he wants.

Verdonck asks, 'How upset will you be when your taxes go through the roof if you don't have their tourism dollars?'

But maybe for every go-fast boater who leaves the lake, two or three or four small family boaters will see the lake as a safer place and start enjoying it - with their tourism dollars.

Lest Mr. Verdonck feels I have no knowledge of the lake, I have been navigating the big lake by boat and jet ski since he was in three-cornered pants.

RICK BLODGETT

Concord
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 am

Amy B wrote:"...But maybe for every go-fast boater who leaves the lake, two or three or four small family boaters will see the lake as a safer place and start enjoying it - with their tourism dollars..."
If there's a lakefront-rental available on my shore, I don't know of it.

The Middle Class has moved back in—but who needed them to paddle, dive, row, ski, and tube on the Lake that the scofflaws will tell you "belongs-to" out-of-the-area oversized—and noisy—Ocean-Racers—and NOT Lake Winnipesaukee's swimmers?

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers? - Page 4 Svntlc
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:51 am

Amy you continue to prove my point about you and your crowd. Instead of discussing what the Winnfabs are doing now or providing a shred of evidence of what the SL has positively done for the lake (so far all the stats do not prove things are better) - you decide it is more important to personally attack me. The sad part was you did the by taking a two year old opinion piece by a blogger who sends in opinions to the CM on every topic they will print. No matter how much your group will try they never will understand that an Opinion piece in the letter to the editor sections do not make something fact or is considered an article.

What is truly unfortunate is that you came to this small forum only to push your agenda and when that didn't work try to discredit me and anyone who disagrees with you. I am disappointed in that I took the bait and got dragged into the dirt with you and your kind.

When you can prove why the SL is working and can show evidence of how the Winnfabs continue to work for the safety of the lake then it will be worth discussing with you. Until then you are just rehashing the same unfounded opinions with no substance.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:00 am

Ignore him, sumr.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:06 am

Verdonck's typical Generation X mentality is, 'If I want something, I am entitled to it.'

Is that wrong? As long as you are getting it yourself and not expecting it to be given to you.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 am

APSound wrote:Verdonck's typical Generation X mentality is, 'If I want something, I am entitled to it.'
It's the crux and nature of the ME! ME! ME! Generation.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:39 am

News Hawk wrote:
APSound wrote:Verdonck's typical Generation X mentality is, 'If I want something, I am entitled to it.'
Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers? - Page 4 FacebookLikeButton

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:05 am

So because I work hard, married for 23 year, raising two great respectful high honors (straight A) daughters, I shouldn't be entitled to what I want as long as I can do it? Your definition of me-me-me does not fit ME with the exception of wanting to enjoy life the way I want to

I guess my view is, if you want to sit and take pictures of others having fun and posting them, and that makes you happy, great. I want to be out with the family doing what you feel the need to post pics of. We are not committing crimes, peeing on the floor, littering or any of the disconnected accusations you want to aim in the direction of hard working people that want to enjoy their lives differently than you.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next