Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers?

+4
sumrluvr
Donzel
WHL
News Hawk
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers? - Page 3 Empty Re: Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers?

Post  APSound Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:56 pm

If I didn't invest money and effort in what I though was a live free or die mentality, I'd leave as well.

But as many have done in the past, I'm here to fight for freedom and less governmental control.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers? - Page 3 Empty Re: Yo!—Speedboaters—How Many Swimmers?

Post  Donzel Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:03 pm

APSound wrote:If I didn't invest money and effort in what I though was a live free or die mentality, I'd leave as well.

But as many have done in the past, I'm here to fight for freedom and less governmental control.  
Bullshit! Get real will you!

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:36 pm

How is it BS you tool? And nice language !!

I am real, the speed limit is what is BS.

I bought a 2nd home on the lake in 07 at the age of 39 after working my a** of to do so. The reasons we chose the lake were many but not living in a restrictive state was one of them ( home is CT and NH is headed there)

The more regulations you put on people, the more infrastructure you need to police it. Policing it costs tax payer dollars and then gets misused requiring more tax dollars.

With the restrictions that a few fought for and won ( its your right to do so ) there will be move services needed. Welcome to income tax, I hope you're ready and have the funds that people with "race boats" do so you can feed your family.

Still bs ????

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:47 pm

APSound wrote:How is it BS you tool? And nice language !!

I am real, the speed limit is what is BS.  

I bought a 2nd home on the lake in 07 at the age of 39 after working my a** of to do so.   The reasons we chose the lake were many but not living in a restrictive state was one of them ( home is CT and NH is headed there)

The more regulations you put on people, the more infrastructure you need to police it.  Policing it costs tax payer dollars and then gets misused requiring more tax dollars.  

With the restrictions that a few fought for and won ( its your right to do so ) there will be move services needed.  Welcome to income tax, I hope you're  ready and have the funds that people with "race boats" do so you can feed your family.

Still bs ????
I'm from Wolfeboro, NH. Where are you from?

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Alton while relaxing and Colchester when working. I guess that is BS too?

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:29 pm

APSound wrote:Alton while relaxing and Colchester when working.  I guess that is BS too?
BS it is.

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Speed limits are here to stay, like it or not. Though as per last week's Sun article, perhaps they should be consistent statewide, similar to Squam, for the bigger lakes. And I won't rely on 2 year old data regarding an economy emerging from recession. The businesses that I speak to say that this has been an incredible summer. I'd like to know what the numbers are in the lake's region come September. I'm sorry some marina's are not doing as well even if others are doing better. I'm sorry they are not selling boats that people are now unwilling to buy. When one door closes, another opens. Buggy whip sales are way down as well, but car sales are more than making up the difference. So yes I "feel" happier, as do my friends, family, and neighbors. After all, happiness is a sensation that people do feel based on input from their surroundings. In our case the surroundings are quieter and more peaceful (and let's not get started on that inane switchable exhaust bill. There are far fewer performance boats going by where I live, but for unit of speed they are not quieter. They are quieter because they are going more slowly).
  So yes, the speed limit is here to stay. Let's get on with our lives.  Stop grousing and enjoy the rest of the summer. It will be over before we know it.

Last edited by Amy B on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:18 pm

APSound wrote:The more regulations you put on people, the more infrastructure you need to police it. Policing it costs tax payer dollars and then gets misused requiring more tax dollars.
Radar was given to the NHMP.

Writing a ticket costs no extra money, but even if the officer doesn't show up in court, are you likely to continue to be a scofflaw, again—given that an error could result in a drowning?

sumrluvr wrote:Unfortunately I then blew a head gasket after only using here 11 engine hours! LOL.

Since I had a young family I thought it best to bring her back to stock for reliability.
Does a young family need an Ocean-Racer?

pale 

APSound wrote:"...I'm here to fight for freedom and less governmental control..."  
You're in good company with Littlefield, LaPointe, and Blizzard's outlook on Life and Liberty.

Rolling Eyes
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:58 pm

I guess if it was BS, you'd stop responding.

But radicals are radicals and they need the attention.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:06 am

APSound wrote:I guess if it was BS, you'd stop responding.  

How's the weather in Vermont?

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:54 pm

APSound wrote:I guess if it was BS, you'd stop responding.  

You posted this @ 11:00pm from Vermont. Were you out on Lake Winni at this time of night using Fair Point?
I don't think so.

It really doesn't make any difference anyway, I don't blame you for indulging in daydreaming about something you desire so much. NH is a great state and has much more to offer then VT. Maybe someday you can get out of that cow state and join us in the "Live Free or Die" state.

Happy dreaming. Smile 

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:54 pm

APSound wrote:But radicals are radicals and they need the attention.  
Loud exhausts alert us to danger, but the intent was to draw attention to themselves—based on Ego and Narcissism.

A Winnipesaukee radical is one who moves in, plays loud music, and wants even more noise on
our Golden Pond areas.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Stop by rattlesnake and have a beer. Your technical snooping skills need work my friend.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:57 pm

News hawk,

Guilty as charged.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:08 pm

News Hawk wrote:
Loud exhausts alert us to danger, but the intent was to draw attention to themselves—based on Ego and Narcissism.

A Winnipesaukee radical is one who moves in, plays loud music, and wants even more noise on
our Golden Pond areas.
I agree Kitty Cat.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:38 am

WHL wrote:BTW, sumr, I had to edit your post to remove the name.  Remember you can't post names and would rather no one is called a name.  Thanks.
Posting one's name is against most forums' rules.

Mad 

NOT that OCDactive would stoop to such a level to intimidate others; personally, I think it's much more productive to publish responsible commentary.

[b](Difficult for the reckless among us—yes...

Rolling Eyes
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:33 am

I also would request that you don't post people's names that they use on other forums. Maybe I am wrong? What do you think? Should we be allowed to do that or not? Admin?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:53 am

Why bother? It's real names that are specified in the rules.

Would we have a problem with APSound?

(I don't).

pirat 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:02 am

Well, if someone does have a problem, just say so. I don't think it is fair to mention those "other names" but if it doesn't bother you, that's fine.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Amy B wrote:Speed limits are here to stay, like it or not. Though as per last week's Sun article, perhaps they should be consistent statewide, similar to Squam, for the bigger lakes. And I won't rely on 2 year old data regarding an economy emerging from recession. The businesses that I speak to say that this has been an incredible summer. I'd like to know what the numbers are in the lake's region come September. I'm sorry some marina's are not doing as well even if others are doing better. I'm sorry they are not selling boats that people are now unwilling to buy. When one door closes, another opens. Buggy whip sales are way down as well, but car sales are more than making up the difference. So yes I "feel" happier, as do my friends, family, and neighbors. After all, happiness is a sensation that people do feel based on input from their surroundings. In our case the surroundings are quieter and more peaceful (and let's not get started on that inane switchable exhaust bill. There are far fewer performance boats going by where I live, but for unit of speed they are not quieter. They are quieter because they are going more slowly).
  So yes, the speed limit is here to stay. Let's get on with our lives.  Stop grousing and enjoy the rest of the summer. It will be over before we know it.
Did I see the Sumrluvr is the past president of SBONH yet would make such a low life comment regarding the jet ski accident that occurred today? His group must have no credibility whatsoever.
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:55 am

WHL wrote:Well, if someone does have a problem, just say so.  I don't think it is fair to mention those "other name" but if it doesn't bother you, that's fine.
Smrlvr's "other name" is contained within his avatar.

News Hawk wrote:Loud exhausts alert us to danger, but the intent is to draw attention to themselves—based on Ego and Narcissism.

A Winnipesaukee radical is one who moves in, plays loud music, and wants even more noise on our remaining Golden Pond areas.
APSound wrote: Guilty as charged.  
...and in some peculiar way, you're proud of that?

No
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:00 am

No[/quote]

Yes, if that is how someone wants to express themselves, I should not be trying to manipulate facts and information to make the lake the way "I" want. People forget public space is just that, public. So I am guilty of thinking its ok to make noise. Do I always like what I hear and see, no, but that is part of life. It's when others try to push their views on others that I feel is a bigger issue.

And what is your issue with my screen name, my daughters came up with it from pets names and the LI sound that we boat on when not at the lake?

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:18 am

Amy B wrote:
Amy B wrote:Speed limits are here to stay, like it or not. Though as per last week's Sun article, perhaps they should be consistent statewide, similar to Squam, for the bigger lakes. And I won't rely on 2 year old data regarding an economy emerging from recession. The businesses that I speak to say that this has been an incredible summer. I'd like to know what the numbers are in the lake's region come September. I'm sorry some marina's are not doing as well even if others are doing better. I'm sorry they are not selling boats that people are now unwilling to buy. When one door closes, another opens. Buggy whip sales are way down as well, but car sales are more than making up the difference. So yes I "feel" happier, as do my friends, family, and neighbors. After all, happiness is a sensation that people do feel based on input from their surroundings. In our case the surroundings are quieter and more peaceful (and let's not get started on that inane switchable exhaust bill. There are far fewer performance boats going by where I live, but for unit of speed they are not quieter. They are quieter because they are going more slowly).
Did I see the Sumrluvr is the past president of SBONH yet would make such a low life comment regarding the jet ski accident that occurred today? His group must have no credibility whatsoever.
As long as you are happier you can keep thinking that.

A. Hold on to your beloved speed limit while you can. Smarter heads will prevail.
B. SBONH is very well respected because we are not a one hit wonder. We continue to work with multiple groups, agencies and continue to grow. Winnfabs are defunct and everyone saw what they were all about.
C. I see you didn't mention the follow up to the comment "in all seriousness" which shows that the first line was in jest. However why let the facts get in the way.
D. I see two names of victems that were part of tragic accidents constantly thrown around by SL supporters on this forum. Blaming speed. I also sat in multiple hearings where these two accidents were mentioned by SL supporters to push their agenda attributing them directly to speed. However, the MP and even the state prosecuters never attributed these accidents to speed but rather tried to prove "alcohol" as the leading cause. Which it absolutely was. But why let the facts get in the way when you have an agenda to push?

Thanks for playing though.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:26 am

APSound wrote:And what is your issue with my screen name, my daughters came up with it from pets names and the LI sound that we boat on when not at the lake?
Noneas I stated.

Rolling Eyes

No

APSound wrote:Yes, if that is how someone wants to express themselves, I should not be trying to manipulate facts and information to make the lake the way "I" want.
The way I "want" it, is the way is was; before the vandals, the rudeness of trespassers, the rudeness of scofflaws, and the rude noisemakers who come here from states that can afford to enforce their laws.

APSound wrote:People forget public space is just that, public.  So I am guilty of thinking its ok to make noise. Do I always like what I hear and see, no, but that is part of life.
Have you noticed that public restrooms are the worst kind? (And that private restrooms are new, clean, non-smelly, and not vandalized?) Maybe you've missed Massachusetts' public restrooms signs saying, "Don't urinate on the building".

APSound wrote:It's when others try to push their views on others that I feel is a bigger issue.
You're OK with a lit cigar in a hospital's nursery?

You mean: like opening rafting to crowd more people into tighter places?

(New York City comes to mind).

You mean: to allow switchable exhaust, so the rudest among us can "open her up" send out the most noxious odors at higher speeds, and get a thrill regardless of those who insist on a peaceful enjoyment of New Hampshire's biggest lake—the "Jewel in the Crown" of New Hampshire's lakes?

Your "rights" end at my nose.

(You may have heard that somewhere before).
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:56 am

sumrluvr wrote:
A. Hold on to your beloved speed limit while you can. Smarter heads will prevail.
I imagine some of the cowboys on Lake George said the same thing 20 years ago. Fortunately the speed limit on our lake was supported by the highest margin yet in a House represented in part by some of the most reactionary right wing members in recent history, most of whom were sent packing after the last election.  Good luck. C U in Concord.
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next