Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor...

4 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 6 Empty Re: "Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor...

Post  obervantone Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:23 pm

I saw one of the older style MP vessels as well, one of the small ones. There were still three RIBs docked at the old MPHQ. Saw a couple of blue lights over a week and a half at night, but no indication why. Perhaps training. I did see the Gilford Fire Boat out training off my dock earlier this summer, that was a treat!
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 6 Empty Re: "Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor...

Post  WHL Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:25 pm

Maybe they needed extra boats over the weekend because of the boat races in Wolfeboro?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:44 am

I checked the video taken after sundown.

There's only a NHMP blue light showing, so I can't say which boat it is.

scratch
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:15 am

OH well, doesn't really matter anyway. Just interesting that they dug out the old boat.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:35 am

The Performers are all gone, but they still use the Whaler types. Remember, many MP Officers trailer their boats to different lakes. Given the two RIBs that were in Wolfeboro all day for the races, they may have been covering the big lake.

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:38 pm

red_hill wrote:The Performers are all gone, but they still use the Whaler types. Remember, many MP Officers trailer their boats to different lakes. Given the two RIBs that were in Wolfeboro all day for the races, they may have been covering the big lake.

Right, this wasn't one of the "Performers", it was still white but smaller. I have seen it a few times this summer-maybe 3. They must use it when the other boats are tied up. I saw the two at the boat races.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:25 am

Interesting: After having been banned from FATP, an old FATP member has been allowed to post again.

I followed a few of his older FATP entries, and discovered that he (and his speedboat) was the subject of this thread!

Surprised

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:25 am

You are banned from there? Why? When?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:34 pm

No, I wasn't banned, but an ocean-racer was—nearly three years!

Now I know who it is who terrorizes Winter Harbor one calm days, beginning with Memorial Day.  Remember the Donzi video I took, and the dangerous chine-walking he displayed?

Go back to the first post in this thread to revisit the video.

What a Face
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:48 am

So you just found out who it is, is that what you are saying?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:16 am

Right. But I would still not know if he hadn't posted using his old name.

Now I'm wondering if I'd gotten "close" to identifying him earlier, and he posted Webmaster-deleted remarks that got him banned. (Although banned, he continued posting—somewhat restrained—under a new user-name: DEJ).
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 6 Empty NHMP's Sanctioned "Race Track"—Winter Harbor...

Post  News Hawk Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:57 am

Another weekend of "visitors" with loud exhausts and high speeds racing into Winter Harbor, float an hour, then race out again. Rolling Eyes

'Course, the NHMP "shows the flag" at 6:30 each day, and sees nobody. No
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:04 am

News Hawk wrote:Another weekend of "visitors" with loud exhausts and high speeds racing into Winter Harbor, float an hour, then race out again.  Rolling Eyes

'Course, the NHMP "shows the flag" at 6:30 each day, and sees nobody.   No

How do you know that they are "visitors"? You are a visitor according to your daffynition (sic)!!

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi Red!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:35 pm

WHL wrote:Hi Red!!
Hellloooo WHL!

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 am

red_hill wrote:
News Hawk wrote:Another weekend of "visitors" with loud exhausts and high speeds racing into Winter Harbor, float an hour, then race out again.  Rolling Eyes

'Course, the NHMP "shows the flag" at 6:30 each day, and sees nobody.   No

How do you know that they are "visitors"? You are a visitor according to your daffynition (sic)!!

• Those living on the north side of the Lake who never dined at The Village Dining Room are "visitors".

• The NHMP is "showing the flag" about 1½ times a day now. Yesterday, and directly in front of us, the NHMP stopped a renter/neighbor for a 150-foot violation. About 30 minutes later, the "visitor" departed: the NHMP stayed a few minutes to finish paperwork. This is the first "stop" I've seen in a very long while. scratch

A noisy Donzi idled in circles yesterday, while the NHMP hovered nearby. (Good policing—waiting for the infraction). pirat

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 6 Empty 75- or 80-MPH Through Traffic...

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:21 am

That vintage Donzi—white with red and yellow stripes—who endangers every weekend boater in Winter Harbor was back again yesterday. Mad

'Wonder if his passenger remembers that Massachusetts "vistor" Rob LaPointe, and that killer's long history of prior violations? Evil or Very Mad

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:54 am

What is MP looking for sitting by your house lately?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Haven't seen an NHMP boat for several days.

scratch
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:20 am

Sitting just above your house-well above the airport. I don't know what they are watching for?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:53 am

News Hawk wrote:Haven't seen an NHMP boat for several days.

scratch

NHMP has increased its presence of late. Too bad the lake is empty right now! Exclamation
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:27 am

The group of new boaters who just took a class were told the presence is going to be stronger on the lake this year.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:20 pm

Good to hear. Wonder if that 4-engined outboard speedboat will get special dispensation?

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:52 am

Does Iris see me?

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 6 Fullsc16
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:28 am

Glad this isn't MY well-marked "Private" beach!  Evil or Very Mad

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 6 P7130011

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 6 P7130010
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next