Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

+4
WHL
News Hawk
News Buzzard
Amy B
8 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 5 Empty Re: This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

Post  News Buzzard Wed May 21, 2014 4:45 pm

News Pigeon wrote:Exactly, he doubled-down on his statement and then a few here tried to defend him...I don't see any of them apologizing any time soon.

You can take that to the bank, but this forum has very little significance and impact up here !       Very Happy
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 5 Empty Re: This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

Post  News Pigeon Wed May 21, 2014 7:07 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
News Pigeon wrote:Exactly, he doubled-down on his statement and then a few here tried to defend him...I don't see any of them apologizing any time soon.

You can take that to the bank, but this forum has very little significance and impact up here !       Very Happy

I believe you....I saw many good citizens speak out against his remarks when it was aired on our news channels. The funny thing is, at least he wasn't trying to hide his bigotry like some here do..
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed May 21, 2014 8:26 pm

News Buzzard wrote:

OH?

scratch 

Where does one go to write of National Politics in New Hampshire's Lakes Region? Not to the largest forum in the region!

This forum is far ahead of Wolfeboro's Stalinist Forum.

Here, you're allowed to write of any viewpoint, even to Democrat tricks, frauds and lies—the only way Democrats can stay in power.

So what has been going on at YOUR Stalinist Wolfeboro forum?

Hmmmm?

pirat
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu May 22, 2014 7:16 am

If you're afraid, belittle, isn't that what they say, NH?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu May 22, 2014 7:36 am

Afraid of what? This forum was created for the sole purpose of bashing Obama, and that's the only thing all 3 of you know how to do. How did that work out for you? Obama took New Hampshire by 5 points. Nice try!     afro
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu May 22, 2014 8:00 am

I won't speak for the Administrator but I absolutely do not believe he created this forum to bash Obama.  He created it when the other Wolfeboro Forum failed and no one wanted to be on the one that NH calls the "Stalinist Forum"  Frankly, I was afraid to be on that forum, the talk was so scary.  The hatred against Republicans is so great on that forum that I don't think any Republicans want to be there. At least people are not threatened on this forum, even though every body says what they think.  I think it's too bad that so much of this forum is consumed talking about Obama.  He isn't worth it, but I guess everyone is so frustrated that they need an outlet to vent that frustration. I would like to see more local news, personally, but there doesn't seem to be that much interest or there isn't enough local news.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu May 22, 2014 8:05 am

WHL wrote:If you're afraid, belittle, isn't that what they say, NH?
Saul Alinsky tactics involve "focus on individuals, not party affiliation". That effective tactic is bolstered with ridicule.

Notice the frequency of ridiculing Republican Issa—chairman of another committee the Demorats fear.

Arrow 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu May 22, 2014 9:08 am

News Hawk wrote:

Notice the frequency of ridiculing Republican Issa—chairman of another committee the Demorats fear.

Get up to speed! Issa has already been marginalized by his own party!   Rolling Eyes

I'm glad to see that Wolfeboro has risen up against the racist rants of Bob Copeland, and I'm not surprised that he was not criticized by any of the conservatives here. As I said, this is an anti-Obama forum and nothing more! Wolfeboro is much better than that !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Thu May 22, 2014 9:12 am

Well actually this thread was to discuss Bob Copeland's racist nasty remarks.

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu May 22, 2014 5:49 pm

WHL wrote:Well, I don't think he should get a medal, but I wonder if he really is a racist.  Maybe he is. I don't like Obama but that doesn't make me a racist.  As I said before, I love Ben Carson, Herman Cain and other blacks and would vote for them in a heartbeat.

Anyone who's been reading this forum, I—of course—like Ben Carson, Thomas Sowell, and Herman Cain, but I'm opposed to people who listen to private conversations. It reminds me of Michelle Obama's exhortations that children should expose their parents for deviations from "The Leader's Chosen Path". I thought we'd left that behind in 1945's Europe.

Suspect
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu May 22, 2014 5:54 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Get up to speed! Issa has already been marginalized by his own party!  Rolling Eyes
You'll find that in every party.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-rep-gohmert-compares-boehner-to-va-head-time-for-new-leadership/

Your response is proof of a Communist Saul Alinsky tactic—Isolate, Ridicule, Marginalize.

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  whiteman Thu May 22, 2014 9:14 pm

If we had only picked our own cotton, we wouldn't be talking about this now.

whiteman

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri May 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Dragonfly wrote:Well actually this thread was to discuss Bob Copeland's racist nasty remarks.

So you'd feel better about yourself?

Suspect 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun May 25, 2014 9:49 am

News Buzzard wrote:Afraid of what? This forum was created for the sole purpose of bashing Obama...Obama took New Hampshire by 5 points. Nice try!     afro

H.L. Mencken (born 1880 - died 1956) was a journalist, satirist, critic, and Democrat. He wrote this editorial while working for the Baltimore Evening Sun, which appeared in the July 26, 1920, edition:

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.

On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a  

downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."

—H.L.  Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:47 pm

An articulate and cogent response in tomorrow's GSN' to Copeland's "non apology":

An affront offered as apology

To the Editor:

As one of that alleged “gaggle of outsiders” who filled the library May 15 to express their outrage at the conduct of then Police Commissioner Bob Copeland, I take issue with his long-winded, self-serving, malicious rant offered here June 12 as an “apology” to the citizens of Wolfeboro.
Mr. Copeland may have failed to recognize his fellow townsmen, but they were familiar faces to me and each and every person who spoke at that meeting made it perfectly clear that Wolfeboro was home.
By way of arguing innocence of bigotry, Mr. Copeland submits a breathtakingly preposterous plea of naivete, a malignant rant against his original target to justify use of the N-word, and the oldest disclaimer in the bigotry book – a variation on the “some of my best friends are ...” (fill in minority/offended party here). If Copeland had to wait until May 15 to have “two gracious Black women” explain the import of what he said, he would have to have been in a coma since at least 1954. To revel in the long discredited myths and standard language of the anti-Obama zealots is hardly a sign of repentance, contrition or even mild regret. In fact, the only thing Mr. Copeland asserts regret for is the fact that he was caught and the town was annoyed; that he was overheard!
Nor does he miss another opportunity to insult Jane O’Toole who rose to express offense at his loud offensive language; he derides her as an “eavesdropper.”
As a public official elected to office, Mr. Copeland shamed himself and the community by his utter disregard for the decorum required of a public official, by his vulgar public display of contempt for the chief executive of the nation, by his steadfast defense of his “right” to decide who among minorities is worthy of respect (not even addressed in his “apology”), by his denigration of those who rightfully rise up to condemn his action. And now he would insult our intelligence by wrapping his vitriol in the disclaimer that he is not a bigot and labeling it “apology” in the expectation that we will swallow it.
The so-called apology only serves to compound the offense and the shame.
John R. White Wolfeboro
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:39 pm

I saw his wife Carla at the Tuesday Night Winnipesaukee Cruise in behind Clarke Plaza and I went right up to her and gave her the biggest hug I could.
 Crying or Very sad 
All I could say was "It can really suck living in a small town!" She agreed and went on to say the hate mail had finally slowed down and their lives, altho not normal, were getting back to it.

Sometimes forgiveness and compassion can go a long way - especially in a small town.

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:00 pm

Really? I thought you were one of the organizers of the meeting to go after her husband?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:49 pm

Heavens no - I didn't organize anything. I was in Brimfield then. However, my public criticism was directed towards Bob and still is. I feel sorry for Carla as I do other people who are mutilated unnecessarily in the news. Sometimes it's right but sometimes it just is wrong.

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:58 pm

It wasn't you talking to Bloomer on FB?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Of course I talk with Brian Bloomer and post on his comments too. BUT, as I say I've always been outspoken about Bob Copeland and very supportive and sympathetic to his wife Carla. My position hasn't changed, nor was I a "leader" of the charge against Bob Copeland. All I did was contact my connection with the AP Razz 

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:45 pm

Well?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Well nothing. She could have chosen to do nothing. The incident itself took on a life of it's own.  Wink  So couldn't the AP or any of the newspapers who carry the AP. Besides that, I've never met the women who heard it and wrote to the GSN. I don't control what anyone does other then myself.

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:59 pm

Copeland broke no laws.

However, the self-righteous clones now feel much better about themselves.

drunken 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:00 am

No one would question Mr. Copeland's right to free speech. No one suggests he has done anything illegal. But it's odd how some who most vehemently support his first amendment rights somehow feel those rights don't extend to other citizen's rights to speak up and express that such hateful and bigoted views are intolerable for a town official in a position of authority. If that makes me a self-righteous clone I graciously and proudly accept that label.
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Australia has "free speech":

Radio host Michael Smith dumped after comments about the Prophet Mohammed,” ABC News Australia, June 29, 2014 Sydney talkback radio host Michael Smith has been told he will no longer be filling in on 2GB after making controversial comments about the Prophet Mohammed.

The former 2UE host made the comments on Thursday during his regular guest spot with 2GB host Ben Fordham. Smith was discussing the recent controversy over a talk the Festival of Dangerous Ideas had booked – and later cancelled – with a Muslim activist, titled Honour Killings Are Morally Justified.

He compared the festival’s invitation to Uthman Badar to asking the leader of the Ku Klux Klan to speak. Smith said the founder of Islam was “a man who promoted the idea that it was OK to marry a six-year-old and consummate the marriage when the little girl was nine”.

The broadcaster had been due to fill in for afternoons presenter, Chris Smith, from Monday for three weeks. On Saturday he wrote on his website that 2GB program director David Kidd had called and cancelled the booking, telling him he could not “call a deity a pedophile”.

Being "PC" would have saved Michael Smith's job, even though he'd spoken truthfully.

Bob Copeland has also met up with the "PC" crowd.

Rolling Eyes 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next