Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

+4
WHL
News Hawk
News Buzzard
Amy B
8 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 7 Empty Re: This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

Post  Whiteman Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:08 pm

I see nothing wrong with African Americans, Blacks, or whatever you wan to call them. I think everyone should own at least one.

Whiteman

Back to top Go down

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 7 Empty Re: This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

Post  red_hill Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Whiteman wrote:I see nothing wrong with African Americans, Blacks, or whatever you wan to call them.  I think everyone should own at least one.

Azzhat!

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Amy B wrote:

And as noted, I enjoy your spot on comments regarding boating and Winnipesaukee!
LOLOLOL Very Happy Spot on...LOL Very Happy 

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:28 pm

Dragonfly wrote:Thank you for that wonderful post.  We do need to do better.

Do better than what?

scratch

Not elect Presidents whose reputation for crass remarks about race was well known?

☻ Wolfeboro's name was besmirched nationwide by a nosy woman.  

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:42 am

News Hawk wrote:

Not elect Presidents whose reputation for crass remarks about race...
Ditto police commissioners

News Hawk wrote:☻ Wolfeboro's name was besmirched nationwide by a nosy woman.  

In the end, many feel W'boro's reputation was enhanced by a principled woman supported by the town's citizens.
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:52 am

Amy B wrote:
News Hawk wrote:

Not elect Presidents whose reputation for crass remarks about race...
Ditto police commissioners

Did the Wolfeboro electorate know of Bob Copeland's thought-crimes?

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:21 am

I suspect not...otherwise they wouldn't have elected him. And clearly they would not elect him if he were ever to run again.
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:22 pm

I don't think he committed thought crimes. I think he was just running off at the mouth. Men often do that you know and they say things in private they would never dream of saying in public. I should probably say people not just men. I suspect Copeland had no idea he was going to be overheard and this lady was going to do what she did.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Amy B wrote:I suspect not...otherwise they wouldn't have elected him. And clearly they would not elect him if he were ever to run again.
How do we know the next commissioner won't have similar thought-crimes?

scratch 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:36 am

We don't. Most have no idea who they are electing. What they say and what you read about them is not usually who they really are. It tells you nothing about what they will do in office. I still say people who run in local politics should at least have an R or D (or other) beside their name on the ballot.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whiteman Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:20 am

I think all business should have an R or a D after their business names. That was I would stay out of the R stores and you would stay out of the D stores.
I wouldn't shop in most Wolfeboro businesses if they did that.

Is that what you want done?

whiteman

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:41 am

No, just for people that are spending our TAX money.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:23 am

WHL wrote:I don't think he committed thought crimes.  I think he was just running off at the mouth.  Men often do that you know and they say things in private they would never dream of saying in public.  I should probably say people not just men.  I suspect Copeland had no idea he was going to be overheard and this lady was going to do what she did.

Ms O'Toole went through proper channels and gave Copeland the opportunity to make the situation right before she went to the Grunter, and instead he chose to double down on his foolish remarks. I give our citizens a great deal of credit for standing up to Copeland and forcing him to resign.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:20 pm

WHL wrote:No, just for people that are spending our TAX money.

You're spending your own tax money. You get the opportunity to amend your own budget at your Town Meeting, and then you vote on it. Same goes for the school district, which represents about 60% of your tax bill. Police, Fire, Teachers and Road Crews shouldn't be expected to work for nothing!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Of course worker's shouldn't expect to work for nothing. Good luck in amending a budget.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:38 pm

WHL wrote:Good luck in amending a budget.  

That's just a cynical statement. Your Town budget is probably sitting in your library. You go through it, and if there's something you don't like you bring it up at Town Meeting. If you make a motion to amend part of the budget and your motion gets a second, then the voters present must vote on it. Anyone who doesn't attend Town Meeting has no reason to complain about anything.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:54 pm

News Buzzard wrote:"...Ms O'Toole went through proper channels and gave Copeland the opportunity to make the situation right before she went to the Grunter, and instead he chose to double down on his foolish remarks..."

You'd have a man whose "word is bond", retract his statements about B. Hussein Obama?

scratch 

You'd replace him with someone whose thought-crimes are totally unknown?  

scratch 

News Buzzard wrote:"...I give our citizens a great deal of credit for standing up to Copeland and forcing him to resign..."

You like "force" when it comes to uniting Americans behind B. Hussein Obama—and like to cheerlead his plans for "Transforming America"?

Evil or Very Mad 

Last edited by News Hawk on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  whiteman Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Obama will go down in history as being the best 44th President.

whiteman

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:44 am

How many amendments has Suzanne brought up and how many have passed, NB?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:13 am

WHL wrote:How many amendments has Suzanne brought up and how many have passed, NB?

Suzanne successfully amended a Warrant Article last February, and I know she goes to the library to read the budget, but I don't really know the numbers.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:40 am

Yes, she works very hard. I have seen her at work. But not a lot of her amendments pass considering the amount she brings forth.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:08 am

WHL wrote:Yes, she works very hard. I have seen her at work.  But not a lot of her amendments pass considering the amount she brings forth.

You have to remember that most of Suzanne's requests are simply housekeeping items. She frequently doesn't like the wording of Warrant Articles and tries to change them. Those items usually don't pass. She's not against spending, though, as I recall a couple of years ago she tried to amend a road works warrant upward by about $90 thousand, because she felt the amount requested was simply not enough. That amendment didn't pass either, but in the end these things are being voted on by our fellow citizens and that's the part of our democratic process I really like.

I felt bad the Tuftonboro Library didn't pass because I thought it was a very reasonable and much needed request. The problem in Tuftonboro is the 2/3rds threshold for bonded articles. Sixty seven percent is a difficult number to reach.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:03 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Ms O'Toole went through proper channels and gave Copeland the opportunity to make the situation right before she went to the Grunter, and instead he chose to double down on his foolish remarks. I give our citizens a great deal of credit for standing up to Copeland and forcing him to resign.

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 7 UcAthVs

Cool 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:33 am

News Buzzard wrote:Ms O'Toole went through proper channels and gave Copeland the opportunity to make the situation right before she went to the Grunter, and instead he chose to double down on his foolish remarks. I give our citizens a great deal of credit for standing up to Copeland and forcing him to resign.

I just read again, that when President Johnson (D) signed the "Civil Rights" bill, he said—and I quote:

"We'll have those niggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years".
—LBJ

Think of the stain that statement made on Wolfeboro voters who continued to support Democrats since LBJ.

Evil or Very Mad

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 7 Lbj-niggers

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7