Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

+4
WHL
News Hawk
News Buzzard
Amy B
8 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 2 Empty Re: This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 17, 2014 3:08 pm

There was a Warrant Article to abolish the Police Commission about 10 years ago and it failed by 1 or 2 votes. I'm willing to bet it would pass this time. As far as oversight goes we have a Town Manager and a Board of Selectmen who would be responsible for the PD, just like the other departments.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 2 Empty Re: This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

Post  Anti Federalist Sat May 17, 2014 3:16 pm

News Buzzard wrote:There was a Warrant Article to abolish the Police Commission about 10 years ago and it failed by 1 or 2 votes. I'm willing to bet it would pass this time. As far as oversight goes we have a Town Manager and a Board of Selectmen who would be responsible for the PD, just like the other departments.

So, you want less government?

I just discovered how to get democrats to agree to shrink government.

You've convinced me.

I'm on board!

Very Happy
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat May 17, 2014 4:42 pm

The Town Manager and Selectmen overseeing the police?  I think that would be worse.

I can't believe people have nothing better to do in life than worry about what one little old man said in one little old town in one little old state.  To be bothered to call the police and businesses??? You have got to be kidding me!!!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 17, 2014 6:51 pm

WHL wrote:The Town Manager and Selectmen overseeing the police?  I think that would be worse.

I can't believe people have nothing better to do in life than worry about what one little old man said in one little old town in one little old state.  To be bothered to call the police and businesses??? You have got to be kidding me!!!!

You saw the article from WMUR I posted, WHL. I didn't make it up. The PD had to put extra people on to handle all of the hateful calls coming in and the boycott is mentioned in the piece. You folks don't seem to understand the consequences of a racially charged incident that gets legs on the national scene. Bob Copeland has to quit and apologize, otherwise we could be in for a long summer.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  whiteman Sat May 17, 2014 7:29 pm

I agree WHL, why are people so upset about what he said? Those darn liberals hate him because he's white, conservative, and old.

He should get a medal for doing what he did.

whiteman

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat May 17, 2014 7:34 pm

News Buzzard wrote:The PD had to put extra people on to handle all of the hateful calls coming in...

Isn't it the job of WPD to arrest those hateful callers?

scratch 

Last edited by News Hawk on Sun May 18, 2014 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat May 17, 2014 7:36 pm

WHL wrote:The Town Manager and Selectmen overseeing the police?  I think that would be worse.

You know I've got no dog in the hunt, but can imagine what this town would have been like had Romney been appointed?
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  whiteman Sat May 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Copeland said that a channel 9 reporter was a skunk. I like this guy more and more each day.

whiteman

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat May 17, 2014 7:42 pm

News Buzzard wrote:

You saw the article from WMUR I posted, WHL. I didn't make it up. The PD had to put extra people on to handle all of the hateful calls coming in and the boycott is mentioned in the piece. You folks don't seem to understand the consequences of a racially charged incident that gets legs on the national scene. Bob Copeland has to quit and apologize, otherwise we could be in for a long summer.

Key words being "national scene".

It's a scene and it's national.

I'm not at all concerned with calls coming from people who, I am willing to bet, never even heard of Wolfeboro, couldn't find it on the map, and were not going to be shopping at Black's or Bradley's any time soon.

That said, let me be clear once again, I have a horn out for this fellow over what he said at a commission meeting that was not a national scene, but of far more importance, especially for black people, who are often at the forefront of abusive police.

I just hate lynch mobs because someone said something in private conversation.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun May 18, 2014 7:56 am

Well, I don't think he should get a medal, but I wonder if he really is a racist.  Maybe he is. I don't like Obama but that doesn't make me a racist.  As I said before, I love Ben Carson, Herman Cain and other blacks and would vote for them in a heartbeat.  I am not too worried about Wolfeboro being boycotted this summer whether Copeland resigns or not.  There may be some who won't come because of it, but there will be others who will come because of it.  It has brought more attention to our town after all.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Sun May 18, 2014 10:32 am

whiteman wrote:I agree WHL, why are people so upset about what he said?  Those darn liberals hate him because he's white, conservative, and old.

He should get a medal for doing what he did.

Why don't you write a letter to the editor and sign your name? P.S. People in Wolfeboro hate him because he's arrogant and filled with hate. At the meeting held at the library last week there were Republicans who spoke against Mr. Copeland. Mitt Romney has said he needs to apologize and resign. And as one comment I read expressed...The n word is laced with hatred, anger, disrespect, power, and history. It insults ALL black people similar to if a woman president were the target of the c word...it insults all women and only points out the ignorance of the speaker (similar to the content of your post).

This comment in response to today's Concord Monitor editorial sums it up best:

"I'm astonished that in a little town like Wolfeboro, where Bob Copeland has been a longtime resident, it took a newcomer to overhear and react to this man's detestable, racist behavior. It's hard for a racist to conceal this kind of hatred, and Bob Copeland doesn't appear to be the concealing type. The outrage is appropriate - no racist should be in a position of authority - but how did he ever get this far?"
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun May 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Not to worry, Amy B. This issue will be resolved one way or the other. Copeland will either resign or the police commission will be abolished. There is already a Facebook page up to abolish it, and judging by that crowd in the library the other night people will vote in the affirmative this time.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun May 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Did you go to the meeting, NB?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun May 18, 2014 4:25 pm

Amy B wrote:The outrage is appropriate - no racist should be in a position of authority - but how did he ever get this far?"

With the national "drive-by" media referring to Copeland as Wolfeboro's Police Chief?

Question

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun May 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Of course, NH.  And in local politics, people have no idea what the person they are voting for is like or believes.  That's how people get voted in, Amy.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun May 18, 2014 6:45 pm

WHL wrote:Did you go to the meeting, NB?

No.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Sun May 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Your local racist has made the papers & TV news down here in south Florida....doesn't bode well for your image.
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun May 18, 2014 7:13 pm

News Pigeon wrote:Your local racist has made the papers & TV news down here in south Florida....doesn't bode well for your image.

No it doesn't, News Pigeon, and Mitt Romney agrees with you:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/18/mitt-romney-robert-copeland_n_5347778.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sun May 18, 2014 7:26 pm

WHL wrote:Of course, NH.  And in local politics, people have no idea what the person they are voting for is like or believes.  That's how people get voted in, Amy.

That will change as surveillance increases and your dang'an becomes larger and more detailed.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 2 Empty I'm baaaaaack!

Post  Dragonfly Sun May 18, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

There are many things I find interesting in the current Wolfeboro debacle such as, Joe Balboni and Bob Copeland are both members of Rotary interestingly enough. CAN YOU SAY EPIC FAILURE!

Object of Rotary

The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:

FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.

The Four-Way Test

The Four-Way Test is a nonpartisan and nonsectarian ethical guide for Rotarians to use for their personal and professional relationships. The test has been translated into more than 100 languages, and Rotarians recite it at club meetings:

Of the things we think, say or do

Is it the TRUTH?
Is it FAIR to all concerned?
Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

I also think it's also interesting that Bob Copeland's described Obama as a "FUCKING NIGGER" which has far harsher connotation then nigger which is often used in pop culture. He also doubled down after the Police Commissioner meeting and referred to Obama as a Muslim as if there was something wrong with being a Muslim.

I also know that travel melts away small minded ignorance, fear and prejudice just as extreme intimate acts such as having sex or bleeding with someone of another color melts away any notion that we are better then one another.

Luckily each generation learns from the one before and then we usually progress as a society moving forward in a liberal direction. We can't allow him to take a giant leap backwards for our town.

And one more thing, this will be GREAT for business. I welcome the challenge.  Twisted Evil 

Boy I missed you guys!

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon May 19, 2014 7:24 am

HI DF!!!! Very Happy
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon May 19, 2014 8:55 am

WHL wrote:HI DF!!!! Very Happy
The poster shows up firstly in a topic where she can say (as earlier):

Wolfeboro is a community that is "too white bread"

Rolling Eyes 

Dragonfly wrote:
I also think it's also interesting that Bob Copeland's described Obama as a "FUCKING NIGGER" which has far harsher connotation than nigger which is often used in pop culture.  
I don't believe Copeland had said that in "ALL CAPS".

scratch 

Dragonfly wrote:He also doubled down after the Police Commissioner meeting and referred to Obama as a Muslim as if there was something wrong with being a Muslim.
Was the context of Copeland's private discussion, Obama's failure of the "Arab Spring"?

"Obama's biggest failing in the Arab Spring is not that he chose the wrong side; it is that he has waffled back and forth. He has been consistently indecisive, irresolute and reluctant to act. As a result he has alienated both regimes and revolutionaries, and squandered U.S. leverage."
http://www.realclearworld.com/2012/06/25/is_obama_to_blame_for_arab_springs_failures_137373.html
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Mon May 19, 2014 10:44 am

The discussion he was having was in a PUBLIC place of assembly where his comments could have been understood by casual on-lookers as insightful and indeed it has.

As for the Arab Spring and the white bread comments they have nothing to do with this incident so I'm not sure where you are pulling those comments from - apparently thin air.

As for the all caps "FUCKING NIGGER" is exactly what he said and then doubled down and said it again in print and has tripeled down and is now referring to him as a Muslim too. He didn't say it in a whisper, nigger as seen in pop culture he said it with a mean-spirited racist tone intending to make a point!

I'd really like to hear his definition of a "FUCKING NIGGER"!!!!!!!!!!! especially a Muslim one and yes I do take great offense to these labels when used in a derogatory way.

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Mon May 19, 2014 11:18 am

Well said DF. I am pleased to see that the residents of W'boro are concerned and want to do what is right. And support from the public in the press has been enormous. But you know what I find scary? If you google: copeland wolfeboro resign... there seem to be a number of white supremacist/ skin head type sites that seem to pop up in support of Copeland. The comments are narrow minded, racist, and angry. One might imagine these types even contact Copeland and offer support and advice to hang in there, free speech and all. Such ignorance.

Let's hope this is settled today.
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Mon May 19, 2014 11:28 am

CNN just arrived at Nolands and there is going to be a rally on Saturday 5/24 in Cate Park.

I just called the police to get a copy of something and they said it might take up to 3 days to make a copy. hahahaha!

This is putting Wolfeboro way more on the map then Romney ever thought of. White privilege is about to get flushed down the toilet and I say it's about damn time.

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next