Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

+4
WHL
News Hawk
News Buzzard
Amy B
8 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 3 Empty Re: This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

Post  WHL Mon May 19, 2014 12:46 pm

When I google that, Amy, I get lots of different articles.  Which one are you talking about?

DF, are you here for a while or just for this one discussion?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 3 Empty Re: This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro

Post  Amy B Mon May 19, 2014 12:51 pm

Just google those 3 words and by the 2nd or 3rd page you'll start to see these sites.
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon May 19, 2014 12:57 pm

WEll, I did (google) and I didn't (see).  All I see is articles against Copeland.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon May 19, 2014 1:16 pm

You see things like this on Facebook all the time:

Be Yourself...
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

I don't think it's such good advice do you?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Mon May 19, 2014 1:36 pm

Here you go...not too pretty.

http://angrywhitedude.com/2014/05/question-day-robert-copeland-resign/

In fact, put those 3 words into the youtube search; you'll see some scary stuff there as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meGA2DoPMzs

Last edited by Amy B on Mon May 19, 2014 1:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon May 19, 2014 1:45 pm

Dragonfly wrote:"...White privilege is about to get flushed down the toilet and I say it's about damn time..."  

Those of "color" accusing whites of “privilege” are no different than whites saying all blacks “got rhythm.” It’s a stereotype with only minimal basis in reality, but it serves as an easy way to classify people based on the color of their skin. In other words, it’s simply racism.

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon May 19, 2014 1:53 pm

News Hawk wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:"...White privilege is about to get flushed down the toilet and I say it's about damn time..."  

Those of "color" accusing whites of “privilege” are no different than whites saying all blacks “got rhythm.” It’s a stereotype with only minimal basis in reality, but it serves as an easy way to classify people based on the color of their skin. In other words, it’s simply racism.

No

Which is, of course, collectivism.

+1
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  whiteman Mon May 19, 2014 2:31 pm

He resigned.

whiteman

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon May 19, 2014 2:33 pm

News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon May 19, 2014 2:42 pm

whiteman wrote:He resigned.

That's OK. He ran unopposed—he can run again!

Amy B wrote: And it seems he would have been better off by promptly apologizing and not blaming Ms. O'Toole.

I wonder if Ms. O’Toole has ever worked for NSA?

scratch 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Mon May 19, 2014 4:26 pm

What an odd question "DF - Are you here for just this one discussion?"

Not sure!

Why do you ask?

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon May 19, 2014 4:41 pm

WHy is that odd?  You haven't been here so I just wondered if you are going to stay or just came here to talk about Copeland.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Mon May 19, 2014 4:45 pm

What difference does it make? You want me to leave already, now that he's resigned?

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon May 19, 2014 4:51 pm

Amy B wrote:Here you go...not too pretty.

http://angrywhitedude.com/2014/05/question-day-robert-copeland-resign/

In fact, put those 3 words into the youtube search; you'll see some scary stuff there as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meGA2DoPMzs
Well, I didn't think most of them were that bad. I thought DF's comments on here were more inflammatory against whites than most of those were.   They are mostly just standing up for freedom of speech.  I expected to see comments of people on a tirade and for the most part, they were not that.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Mon May 19, 2014 4:57 pm

Problem is, I'm not racist so when I use those words to report on a racist it is usually taken for what it is. Honesty.

Bob Copeland is the racist not me. Like I said once you have sex with someone other then your own color any prejudice seems disingenuous.

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon May 19, 2014 5:00 pm

You may not be, but you certainly sound it.  Copeland may not be but he certainly sounds it.  ?????????
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Mon May 19, 2014 5:08 pm

I sound racist? Wow, shows how little you know about me.

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Mon May 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing WHL is such a gracious host...I thought you two were bosom buddies, who pissed on who first? Rolling Eyes 
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon May 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Dragonfly wrote:I sound racist?  Wow, shows how little you know about me.
"White privilege is about to get flushed down the toilet and I say it's about damn time."  This sounds like you don't like whites.

Didn't you say something about old white men?  You have written some things that sounds pretty angry.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Mon May 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Now that's wicked funny.  Razz  There is a big difference between being racist against someone of another color and disgusted with someone of the same color. Maybe you didn't know but I'm from white upper middle class Boston family - guess I could have been racist against my Dad?!?!? NOT!

Problem is, there are still tons of racists left here.

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy B Mon May 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Dragonfly wrote:I'm Baaaaaaaack!

There are many things I find interesting in the current Wolfeboro debacle such as, Joe Balboni and Bob Copeland are both members of Rotary interestingly enough.  CAN YOU SAY EPIC FAILURE!

Object of Rotary

The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:

FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.

The Four-Way Test

The Four-Way Test is a nonpartisan and nonsectarian ethical guide for Rotarians to use for their personal and professional relationships. The test has been translated into more than 100 languages, and Rotarians recite it at club meetings:

Of the things we think, say or do

Is it the TRUTH?
   Is it FAIR to all concerned?
   Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
   Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

I also think it's also interesting that Bob Copeland's described Obama as a "FUCKING NIGGER" which has far harsher connotation then nigger which is often used in pop culture.  He also doubled down after the Police Commissioner meeting and referred to Obama as a Muslim as if there was something wrong with being a Muslim.

I also know that travel melts away small minded ignorance, fear and prejudice just as extreme intimate acts such as having sex or bleeding with someone of another color melts away any notion that we are better then one another.

Luckily each generation learns from the one before and then we usually progress as a society moving forward in a liberal direction.  We can't allow him to take a giant leap backwards for our town.

And one more thing, this will be GREAT for business.  I welcome the challenge.  Twisted Evil 

Boy I missed you guys!

Wow...Mr. Copeland seems to have failed Rotary's four way test ...four ways. I would find it difficult to interact with him at their gatherings, at least sans apology. Do you think it is possible that he will be asked to resign from Rotary should he not be inclined to own up to his very poor choice of words? Clearly his resignation letter from the Police Commission shows little remorse (" I resign").
Amy B
Amy B

Back to top Go down

Post  whiteman Mon May 19, 2014 9:34 pm

Amy B, don't you think you've said enough? Get over it, the man resigned and now you should be happy.

whiteman

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon May 19, 2014 9:46 pm

Dragonfly wrote:Problem is, I'm not racist so when I use those words to report on a racist it is usually taken for what it is.  

Honesty.

This reflects poorly on Wolfeboro - Page 3 Fullscreencapture312201372230AM_zpsf9bb62ca
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue May 20, 2014 7:25 am

I know who you are DF.  But reading what you write and not just on here, one would believe you hate white people.  Sorry, that's just the way I believe you come across.  Didn't you say something about Romney being an old white guy?  

At any rate. I am glad he resigned and this is all over.  I am just still shocked that the use of a word can bring this much controversy.  I guess it is better to murder or rape or try to take someone's money or property than it is to use the n word.  I don't see angry mobs come out when any of those things happen.  I am not saying it is nice to call people names,  I am just saying it happens all the time and despite all this it will continue to happen.  And I don't think it in any way rated all the attention it got.  As I said, I am still shocked.  The other thing I must say is  I wonder if the word had been used against anyone else besides the President if this lady would have stirred up such a controversy or would she have just let it go?  As has been said in other places, African Americans in the south call themselves this word all the time and don't think a thing about it.  It is an affectionate term to them.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfly Tue May 20, 2014 7:41 am

I guess you're right. It's just the stupid, ignorant, racist, old white men I don't like ~ there are still plenty of them I love.

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next